Quickie Question

Options

Replies

• Not often - maybe once every two weeks. I try to gage my success by BF% and measurements since I'm in a healthy BMI.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Monthly...daily weighing was driving me crazy! :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I came into this topic with the wrong mind set.
  • wackedoutpet13
    wackedoutpet13 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale daily but I don't log it on MFP unless it shows a loss.
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    You said quickie... I claim false advertisement!
  • Bsnell10
    Options
    I wiegh every day just to make sure i am on the right track but i never record it until Tuesday (i am a biggest loser fan). On tuesday when i weigh i make my calorie adjustments accordingly. I also use three different scales, right now anyways, i just go the Biggest Loser calorie max scale, and until i figure out how accurate it is i use my old one, the new one and the one at the gym. The biggest loser scale and gym scale are right on with each other my older one is about a pound to 2 pounds off...good thing i bought a new one!!!
  • suemurphy2010
    Options
    I weigh every day, to keep in check but also so I can see the weight fluctuations and realise it's not always about the scales but how I feel about food. I've had gains after really healthy days and losses after not so healthy ones. It's all a case of finding a way that works for you, after all you're the only person who needs to know that.
  • sche1amy
    sche1amy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I would get on my scale everyday. I have been trying really hard now to go two weeks. So far so good :0)
  • aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Everyday, several times a day!!! It's a BAD habit I can't seem to break. I need to just give my scale to someone else. I've tried hidding it, dosen't work.
  • firefly171717
    firefly171717 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I don't take it to heart when its more one day or less the other, I consider my weight a 10 day average because its more accurate
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I weight myself twice a week. I used to do it everyday, but I drove myself crazy doing that. It was hard on my head, watching the fluctations.

I used to weight and log on Wednesdays so I weight every Wednesday. Now my trainer wants my check in on Fridays so, I will weight and log on Fridays, but I still let myself weight on Wednesday just for a sneak peak of how the week is going, but I dont' count it. Its what works for me.
    Today, I did not log. I came off of backshift and slept all day. I tend to be a little heavier (water weight) after that, so I will weight/log tomorrow.
  • EmIsabel
    EmIsabel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Like quite a few others, I weigh myself weekly - Sunday mornings right after my first visit to the washroom. I need to get a scale, until I do - I do visit my parents and use theirs! :tongue: hehe
  • twilightsm
    Options
    I weight myself every morning at the same time.
  • determined2lose89
    determined2lose89 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Twice. Tuesdays and Saturdays.
  • dorsetslimmer
    Options
    weekly first thing in morning.
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Weekly! If I weigh daily, the fluctuations freak me out!
  • surfyre
    surfyre Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • Lawnbfrench
    Options
    Once a week,same day and time of day.
    This is good because you want to check it A weekly and B it gives you a few days to put it right if you go over the daily calorie limit,ie party or birthday or treat.
    Daily did my head in because it depends on water and food intake,exercise,time of day the lot

xxx
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. I went a month with no scale,and not tracking properly.. I gained about 10 pounds. Awful.
    I only record once a week, but checking daily or at least every other day lets me know where I am at. I do think it is all personal preference though. :)
  • Animaniac87
    Options
    I weigh myself daily so I know what's working for me and what's not. I use every day as a reminder to keep on moving forward, but since I fluctuate so much Monday is my official weigh in day. My Monday weight is what I update on MFP