Need chicken breast meal ideas!!

Options
124»

Replies

• sourkeys
    sourkeys Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Pulled BBQ chicken.

-Place chix in the crockpot, season with mckormicks BBQ seasoning, place small amount of sauce in crockpot (just for wetness)

-Cook on low 6-8 hours, shred chicken with forks

-Add a bit more sauce to crockpot and cook 30 mins

-Serve on whole wheat buns, or if you're like me, just in a heap on the plate... no carbs from bread that way

Freezes great too!

MMMMM I'm trying that. However My chicken breasts have bones, I'm assuming do everything the same but there will just be a bone in the way?
  • paolafarrell
    Options
    The easiest recipe I have ever done with chicken is to marinate boneless skinless chicken with wishbone lite italian dressing, then grilling it on the BBQ grill or on a George Forman gill. I add green beans or another veggie.
  • sparkdoc
    sparkdoc Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    bump for later, chicken is like a staple in my daily life
  • mochii_kitty
    mochii_kitty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump for later.
  • 26point2chick
    26point2chick Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can read my blog: I post a weekly menu, and am always using chicken breast! http://myfitfam.wix.com/main/apps/blog
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    I just lightly season and spray with oil spray, bake until done and store for homemade nachos, adding to soups, adding to salads, hard-boiled egg salad, ect. ect.
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I like to grill it and then slice it in half so I end up with thin filets. Then I put it on a multigrain roll with some reduced fat cheese, pesto sauce, tomato, and spinach, and press it in a panini press.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    two lbs boneless skinless chicken breast (or chicken tenders0

semi frozen. Slice 1" by 1" place in strainer and rinse with water.
    use 1 cup italian bread crumbs in a zip lock bag.

Put bread crumbs in bag a few at a time, shake to cover.
    then place on cookie sheet. I cover mine in foil and use spray olive oil.
    Do all the chicken.

bake at 375 for about 30 mins. they are small and thin so will bake fast. if you bake them too long they will dry out.

I also love one some one else put up. Lemon pepper grilled chicken. I like lemon pepper anything... haha. I will be back tomorrow to see what other recipes I can gleam. happy eatting.
  • farahsaleem
    farahsaleem Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    marinate it for an hour in ginger garlic paste, some vinegar, chilli sauce and soysauce. add some salt and black pepper and a 1/2 tsp of olive oil.. then cook it on a very very low flame, so that it is cooked in its own steam.. yummy yummy
  • MikeRadClan
    MikeRadClan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cutlets....
    Soak in light soy sauce 5- 10 mins.
    add chopped garlic before pan-frying

Awesome easy fast.... side veg....
    Look at me I'm dieting
  • cindylou1111
    Options
    :bigsmile: Someone just posted a recipe for Salsa Chicken. I have never made it, but it sounds so yummy.

I make Salsa Chicken all the time. My family loves it!
    2-3 chicken breasts
    1 large jar salsa
    1 can black beans
    2 cups frozen corn
    Let it cook for 4-6 hours on low. Shred the chicken and serve over rice or pasta. Or in a tortilla shell. It's wonderful!
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    So many great ideas!!!
  • Caffeine_Addict
    Caffeine_Addict Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm reading this whole thread in the voice of Bubba from Forrest Gump :D