For all the *actual* CAT lovers out there...

Options

Replies

• mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I dont know how to add pics.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    My Kitty Addie

1030111215.jpg
    addie14.jpg
    addiehighkick.jpg
    addie3.jpg
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    bump to post pics of my babies later...! There's Tiger, my eldest sweet kitty...he has feline kidney disease.. :(... then there's Maija, tortiseshell, the flirt of the bunch, and Zeppelin... the licker. LOL.... he's an almost all black kitty...and a total snuggler!
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    386565_10151053683345545_829385544_21678229_176555642_n.jpg

This is Sklyar, I found him on my porch last year when it was -3 degrees outside. He is now the love of my life. Unfortunately he is FIV+, but we are making sure he stays healthy so he can live just as long as any other cat. Ps. he is missing some teeth and that is why his tongue sticks out =]
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Right-click on the photo you want to post and open it in a separate window or tab. Copy the URL of that window, then paste it in a post. For example, here's the URL of one of my profile pictures:

http://photos.myfitnesspalllc.netdna-cdn.com/images/photos/261/869/261869_9974.jpg

That's what it looks like if you post just the link. If you want to post the actual photo, add directly before the link and directly after the link, except the IMG needs to be lowercase. If you do it uppercase, it will look like this:

261869_9974.jpg
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    Well, since everyone else is doing it...

missy.jpg
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    OK....why isn't my picture showing? What did I do wrong?
  • simoriah_angel
    Options
    THANKS!
  • nmck55
    nmck55 Posts: 22
    Options
    will post a pic later when i get home from work, but my kitty bobby or doodoo pants as i call him (will explain later) hes a black and white moggy with the softest fur and hell be 19 this year :D my little old man!!
  • stebs1984
    Options
    My aunt emailed me this joke a few years ago. I about fell out of the chair laughing, and I figured you guys would get a good laugh too..

HOW TO GIVE A CAT A PILL

1. Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm, holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Gently force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from garden.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans; drink one beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and mild soap.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard, and close door on neck, to leave head showing. Gently force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with an elastic band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw Tee shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12. Call fire department to retrieve the damn cat from across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil wrap.

13. Tie the little *kitten*'s front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table. Find heavy-duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of filet steak. Be rough about it if necessary. Hold head vertically and pour two pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

14. Consume remainder of scotch. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15. Arrange for SPCA to collect the "mutant cat from hell" and call local pet shop to see if they have any really small hamsters.

HOW TO GIVE A DOG A PILL

1. Wrap pill in bacon.

2. Toss in the air.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    387780_2791134375858_1183334096_33235557_1334211046_n.jpg

His name is Wall-e
  • Glorfindel
    Glorfindel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Usul1.jpg

This is my little man and my whole world. His name is Usul, after the main character from Dune. My day rises and sets with him
    <3
  • nmck55
    Options
    hope this works

403091_10100290692297715_61407960_52432341_1037186817_n.jpg[img][/img]407185_10100290692786735_61407960_52432344_1649952076_n.jpg?dl=1:D he'll be 19 this year, hes a big cat, massive tom cat build, but the biggest softy to humans, other cats he was a big bully lol but now he just sleeps and lays about most of the day :)" alt="chin scratched :D he'll be 19 this year, hes a big cat, massive tom cat build, but the biggest softy to humans, other cats he was a big bully lol but now he just sleeps and lays about most of the day :)" />
  • nmck55
    Options
    posting pictures take 2.......

403091_10100290692297715_61407960_52432341_1037186817_n.jpg

407185_10100290692786735_61407960_52432344_1649952076_n.jpg?dl=1
  • mudpaw
    mudpaw Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    this is Simoriah_angel's cat

For all people having problems posting pics:
    the trick is make sure your img is in lower case, and to end with /

[*img*]Picture Website URL[/*img*]
    without the *

missy.jpg
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    My big baby is named Johnson. My ex-bf and I made a deal that I could have a cat if he could name it, hence "Johnson." Haha!

Here he is as a kitten! He was only one pound when we got him from the shelter:

28wjz2r.jpg

He LOVES looking out the windows. I love this picture of him!

2952w6v.jpg

He's three and a half now and weighs just under 14 pounds. The vet says he's just a big boy and not overweight!

2n0lgzt.jpg

His name fits because he's not very nice, but I still love him!
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! There are some seriously adorable felines on this board!

I have two cats who live with me, Laelah and Emilee. They're four years old, from the same litter, and a Maine Coon mix (mom was part MC).

Emilee is lazy, fat, and covered in gray, messy fur, but happy. She loves to sleep while being held like a human infant. She has some serious 80's Hair Metal-esque wings on the side of her head.
    IMG_3806.jpg

Laelah is far more energetic. As the foodie (Trying to make or eat food near her involves fighting off a gray, fluffy ninja), she's surprisingly the slimmer of the two. She's a talker. She's obsessed with my honey so much that, when he goes to bed, she sleeps under the bed. If he gets up during the night to go to the bathroom, she'll get up and follow him until he's back in bed (and she's back under it).
    laelahbig.jpg

Slick is my mom's cat. We thought he was a stray (and so did all the neighbors we spoke with). He was the sweetest cat, so, when the windchills hit -25 degrees F, I took him in the house and he never left her place. Oops, it turned out that one of the few neighbors we didn't speak with was his "owner". She stopped by Mom's one day to say she thought her cat was looking out our window. She let us keep him. :bigsmile:

He is also 4 years old, but he has all the energy and flexability of a kitten. If he's hyper, God help anyone who gets in his way when he's flipping, diving, racing, or whateve. He makes me smile all the time...partly, because he's a perv who likes to flash his wares.

Slick09.jpg
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpwyxzfhTm-32nuQnq8Sc4OAZVI66O_d2zFNd90c0UF9XgVRuz
  • mcarden86
    mcarden86 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    AWWW!!!
    He looks almost exactly like my Hasmir! Sweet baby.
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    I love cats, I love every kind of cat.
    I just want to hug all of them, But I can't.
    I can't hug every cat.
    I want them in basket and little bow ties.