My calorie goal is 1240, but I have trouble getting there!

Options

Replies

• nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Trust me guys, I eat eggs and cheese. I eat berries every AM (I make a smoothie). I think it's my aversion to red meat, peanut butter, etc that are getting in my way.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    You can add in something you used to eat before that led to your initial weight gain. Easy fix.
  • PeaceLuvVeggies
    PeaceLuvVeggies Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is set at 1240 a day. However, by the time I finish dinner on most days, I'm only up to 800 or 900. That includes three meals and two snacks. I finish the day full, but I'm worried that I'm not getting enough calories. I've been eating a lot of turkey products (ground, bacon, etc), chicken, and vegetables since I'm staying away from white carbs. Do I need to eat more red meat and dairy products?

And yes, I do try to stick to a low-carb plan.
    What is so hard?
    Eat a burger, peanut butter and jelly sandwich or something - anything to get your calories up.

It's not like we suddenly forgot how to eat.

Rude.

Its not overly rude, its true!!! 1200 calories a day is NOTHING!! and seriously how can 3 meals and 2 snack equal 800 calories!!??? are the main courses water?!

I'm not saying it's not true?!!?!!!! I'm saying the way he said it was rude!~!!!?!?!?!!!! -___-
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Actually, it is hard for me. I'm sensitive to red meat and think peanut butter is gross.
    My calorie goal is set at 1240 a day. However, by the time I finish dinner on most days, I'm only up to 800 or 900. That includes three meals and two snacks. I finish the day full, but I'm worried that I'm not getting enough calories. I've been eating a lot of turkey products (ground, bacon, etc), chicken, and vegetables since I'm staying away from white carbs. Do I need to eat more red meat and dairy products?

What is so hard?
    Eat a burger, peanut butter and jelly sandwich or something - anything to get your calories up.

I don't see this as rude at all, possibly worded not the way I would have but he is right. You need to get your calories up. if you are following low carb you heavy whipping cream in your coffee, full fat cheeses. Low carb you can go pretty high on the fats and still be ok as long as they are healthy fat. Take a look at the Atkins website (not that I am a fan of atkins but it will give you some ideas for low carb).
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    I hate to say this in a weight loss forum, but if it's that serious, eat a candy bar?
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options

Wow, wish I had that problem. 8-)

katie
  • nnapieralski
    Options
    Wow, one would think that posting on here would bring support and encouragement. Not sarcasm and rudeness. Probably the last time I post on here.

Thanks to those who answered kindly, it's very appreciated.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Nuts and dairy are good choices. Also, this might be extra incentive to eat all your calories: my net calorie goal is almost exactly the same as yours, and I was having trouble hitting it too. (I'm still getting used to calorie counting, so I was "saving" calories for nighttime and then not feeling hungry.) I was netting 1000 or so on a regular basis and completely plateaued for over a week (daily weigh-ins) . Yesterday I sucked it up and just ate all my calories, and I dropped half a pound overnight. So eat whatever you have to eat, but get those calories in!
  • wildmamatiger
    wildmamatiger Posts: 37 Member
    Options

What is so hard?

Exactly. This sounds like a plea for attention if anything. You have to like to eat SOMETHING.... Whatever you like to eat, eat more of it.

I've had those days where I need more & I simply go to the frig or cabinets & think (hmm.....what'll I have).
  • nnapieralski
    Options
    Hahaha! Thanks. =)

Wow, wish I had that problem. 8-)

katie
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    :huh: :noway:
  • sdailey4
    sdailey4 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Drink your calories then, protein shake made w/milk instead of water. NUTS!!! Avocado... put cheese on your food...

I have had the same problem. Here's an idea of how I get my calories in...

Breakfast: 2 eggs, bacon, grapefruit or peanut butter sandwhich on wheatberry bread (100 calories per slice) or a protein shake made w/milk cherry yogurt and chocolate protein mix
    snack, fruit, nuts, yougurt, cheese, etc
    lunch, fish sticks or fish, or chicken w/fruits or veggies or both
    snack same as above
    dinner:typically includes a whole grain pasta otherwise I don't think I could get my calories in...but if I'm short I add cheese to whatever it is, or for one of my meals it's "unhealthy" so I get enough calories in,

I'd rather get my calories in then keep my metabolism down so if I need a treat to get me there I do it. I am typically in the gym 6 days a week so after my exercise calories I am supposed to be over 2000 calories so I shoot for 1700-1800 and it has given me more energy to get thru my day and the gym and I have seen better loss then before :)
  • mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Also Im sorry but you also said that you workout 3 or 4 times a day!! This excessive working out and low cal eating sounds a little like an eating disorder to me. Just my 2 cents
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

What is so hard?

Rude.

Its not overly rude, its true!!! 1200 calories a day is NOTHING!! and seriously how can 3 meals and 2 snack equal 800 calories!!??? are the main courses water?!
    Some people are very thin skinned, but this is an open forum, so the issue is how to get calories up - not whether or not being direct is rude.

Forget that.

High calories was not a problem for any of us gaining weight, so how can it be an issue now?
    Just eat.
    Fry some fish or chicken, eat cheese and crackers....the list is endless.

Good Luck !
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

What is so hard?

Rude.

Perhaps but this thread gets posted multiple times a day, EVERYDAY and there is a reason why people were overweight to begin with, from eating too much! Therefore it's hard for those of us who have a healthily lifestyle to listen to people who were eating 3000+ cals a day and now can't hit 1000. Just making a point in defense of the person who wrote the comment you have deemed to be rude - I'm not personally attacking the op.
  • jennifer2977
    Options
    Wow, one would think that posting on here would bring support and encouragement. Not sarcasm and rudeness. Probably the last time I post on here.

I don't think that most people were being rude, but you were kind of shooting down everything we suggested. It's easy to fill 400 calories if you eat a few items that are full fat.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options

I don't think that most people were being rude, but you were kind of shooting down everything we suggested. It's easy to fill 400 calories if you eat a few items that are full fat.

:drinker:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Really? I haven't seen sarcasm or rudness on here. Most people are trying to help you get your calories up. Open your diary up and show people what you are eating, the easiest way to get advice on food is to show people exactly how much and what you are eating.
  • nnapieralski
    Options
    whoops....three or four times a week. Sorry!!!!

Also Im sorry but you also said that you workout 3 or 4 times a day!! This excessive working out and low cal eating sounds a little like an eating disorder to me. Just my 2 cents
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I have to roll my eyes when I see these topics. Really?? People have a hard time eating? How did they get overweight in the first place?