..SORRY(not accepting friend request at this time :/ ) ...W

Options

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Because next thing you know you end up with 274 friends and then it's hard to keep a rapport with everyone.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Because next thing you know you end up with 274 friends and then it's hard to keep a rapport with everyone.

Exactly.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

EXACTLY!!
  • Mickers36
    Mickers36 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    LOL - I don't waste water ; )
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Okay ... First off no shade thrown...

Someeone's been hanging out with drag queens ;-)
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    ive got more friends than i can handle, i feel bad cause i cant give them all the support and encouragement they deserve .... thou I always accept all requests I delete folks after they dont sign in for 10 days and I feel if you dont get what you need from me you can easily remove me
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    My friend list has gotten large (116 friends), I don't waste water either, but I'm thinking of paring it down. There is really only a handful that I regularly communicate with anyhow.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    i've seen it
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I need friends! Come on over...* christina agulara break dance* sorry I had a brain bubble :)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I don't need no stinkin' friends.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

I am a rock.

I am an island.

muahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Okay ... First off no shade thrown(no disrespect) to anyone that has this message on their profiles because everyone has their own reasons for this also their own right to privacy!!! ..With that said!

I was of course browsing through topics and came across a person and their view on something and thought ..wow this would be a interesting and encouraging person to get to know and get advice from. Well the first thing I seen was the NOT ACCEPTING FRIEND REQUEST sign!!! In my head the first things were said were "Um wtf!! ...Do people really do this?? ...Is there some kind of don't touch celebrities section in MFP I wasn't aware of?? ...Is there an audition policy going on here??:huh: " ... Needless to say I was taken aback by this:grumble: lol.

My question is has anyone else experienced this? Or has anyone had someone question them about their "not accepting friend request" sign?
    You do realize that just saying "no disrespect" doesn't mean anything you say after that gets a free pass, right? That's not how things work. Judging by the celebrities and audition comments, it sounds like you are pretty clear on your opinion of people who post that they're not accepting friend requests.

If you are really seeking information and not trying to start an argument and/or rally people to join you in your mocking, why don't you just pose the question directly?

For example:

Why do people put NOT ACCEPTING FRIEND REQUESTS on their profile page?

The problem with asking the way you have is that it sounds like you are already passing judgment before getting your answer. Some might call it contempt prior to investigation. It's not a good way to get honest or friendly answers.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I hate when people start a new group without searching to see if that group already exists.

What? This isn't a thread where we get to complain about things that don't really matter because they barely (if at all) effect us? Oops... missed the memo.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I hate when people start a new group without searching to see if that group already exists.

What? This isn't a thread where we get to complain about things that don't really matter because they barely (if at all) effect us? Oops... missed the memo.

Oh no, you're lost ... that thread was called "MFP Pet Peeves" and was started a couple days ago!
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Been there, done that. Culls are such a big deal for me.

That said. I accept FRs, but culling takes place from time to time. I see ppl here I want to be friends with (and some I think I was), it's nothing personal. If we are to love everyone equally we would have over 7,000,000,000 friends. Who has the time, really !

There goes another 5 minutes, but worth it IMHO !
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I do not have that sign up - yet - but I do decline friend requests.....
    I only have 73 pals on here, but honestly I find it very hard to be truly supportive even to these peeps - let alone a ton more.

I have been thinking about this quite a bit over the past few weeks - obviously heaps of new people looking for inspiration and support as they start their journeys - so quite a few new requests (normally when one has posted in the forums or blogs)

I am at a different place in my journey than most new MFP'ers - I still remember very clearly where I have come from - but I do things very differently now than when I first started (and that is not what most new people need to copy....)

1) I am experimenting - and this is not always a good example of what your day should look like for new people.....
    2) I am over the OMG - this is the greatest site - and spending every available hour on here talking in the forums and commenting on people's food and exercise diaries, so if you want support and a cheerleader every day I am not your girl!!

So for people that send this type of friend request "Hi - I am new - you are so inspiring, I would love for you support me in my journey....."

A bit like Cory (Corylda) - i am happy to answer specific questions, give hints and help - but I am not able to be your support and motivation every single day....as I don't live on MFP - I have a life of fitness and health away from my computer.

My profile / diary everything is open for scrutiny by anyone - and I will always reply to messages (even though I might decline friend requests) - Having said that I have accepted about 8 since the beginning of the year, so if we have things in common - and you took the trouble to tell me that in your message I might still add you...

Then I also actually like to interact with people with similar goals, dreams and lifestyles, exercise approaches than me - I find these are the people that I have built the closest links with here on MFP, and with no disrespect some people just does not fall into that category....

What I would suggest to the newbies - for support find others like yourself that is just starting out as well to be your support and cheerleaders, and then by all means "follow" some of the veterans / wise owls on here to learn tips and tricks, a lot of these people will not comment on every move you make - and that is fine if you know it up front....but make sure in your friend request that you state that to them - I suspect they will then be more open to adding you as a friend.

Good luck to every single person looking for friends - trust me it is hard to decline most requests, but I have to do what is right for me - and ultimately not set unrealistic expectations that I can not meet in accepting your friend requests

Wow - sorry did not realise my answer got this long!!
  • KingBee79
    KingBee79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    02_72dpi.jpg
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Not everyone wants to know everyone, and sometimes it gets cumbersome to have 100+ people and you miss out on those closer MFP friends of yours.
  • misstasharenee
    misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Okay ... First off no shade thrown(no disrespect) to anyone that has this message on their profiles because everyone has their own reasons for this also their own right to privacy!!! ..With that said!

I was of course browsing through topics and came across a person and their view on something and thought ..wow this would be a interesting and encouraging person to get to know and get advice from. Well the first thing I seen was the NOT ACCEPTING FRIEND REQUEST sign!!! In my head the first things were said were "Um wtf!! ...Do people really do this?? ...Is there some kind of don't touch celebrities section in MFP I wasn't aware of?? ...Is there an audition policy going on here??:huh: " ... Needless to say I was taken aback by this:grumble: lol.

My question is has anyone else experienced this? Or has anyone had someone question them about their "not accepting friend request" sign?
    You do realize that just saying "no disrespect" doesn't mean anything you say after that gets a free pass, right? That's not how things work. Judging by the celebrities and audition comments, it sounds like you are pretty clear on your opinion of people who post that they're not accepting friend requests.

If you are really seeking information and not trying to start an argument and/or rally people to join you in your mocking, why don't you just pose the question directly?

For example:

Why do people put NOT ACCEPTING FRIEND REQUESTS on their profile page?

The problem with asking the way you have is that it sounds like you are already passing judgment before getting your answer. Some might call it contempt prior to investigation. It's not a good way to get honest or friendly answers.

If you looking clearly the questions in this post were( ...My question is has anyone else experienced this? Or has anyone had someone question them about their "not accepting friend request" sign?) That's the meaning of this post. Yes I gave my personal experience on going to a profile that has this on there and I shared the feeling I had. There was no judgement to be passed. Now if anyone mistakes my personal rant on seeing a "not accepting friend request" sign on a person I would have liked to be friends with then their taking this to seriously. This was my first time seeing this and it just tripped me out. BUT if I wanted to know why people are putting not accepting friends than that's what I would have asked.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    02_72dpi.jpg
    HONEY BADGER DONT GIVE A *kitten*!
  • misstasharenee
    misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Okay ... First off no shade thrown...

Someeone's been hanging out with drag queens ;-)

LOL