I refuse to do lunges...

Options
2»

Replies

• yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    For an extra inner thigh benefit to every squat...

Try putting a 6" or 8" inflateable playground ball between your thighs and squeezing it as you do your squats.

If you have access to a bar or railing, stand facing the bar, and lightly grip it as you do your squat, holding your body in a chair shape (thighs parallel to the floor, and knees directly above your ankles).

Pulse your squat in that position for 60 seconds, deepening the squat 1 inch and rising 1 inch each time.

Hold the chair shape and squeeze the ball 100 times.

I do this in my fitness class and it makes your legs so much stronger... If you're listening to motivating dance music, it goes by really fast! I do similar exercises for about 15 minutes total. Let me know if you try it!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Try putting a 6" or 8" inflateable playground ball between your thighs and squeezing it as you do your squats.

If you have access to a bar or railing, stand facing the bar, and lightly grip it as you do your squat, holding your body in a chair shape (thighs parallel to the floor, and knees directly above your ankles).

Pulse your squat in that position for 60 seconds, deepening the squat 1 inch and rising 1 inch each time.

I do this in my fitness class and it makes your legs so much stronger... If you're listening to motivating dance music, it goes by really fast! I do similar exercises for about 15 minutes total. Let me know if you try it!
    Sounds like a good one! I'll deff. try it. thanks
  • groovegoddess
    Options
    I hate them too and they have got to be my least favorite exercise ever!!!!!!

163148.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

Awesome, I will definetly try those later. What else have you got?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm sure there are plenty others that hates lunges out there. I know they say it's one of the best leg and butt exsercise but I'd rather do a hundred squates. Anyones else not doing lunges? What do you do to workout your legs and butt? I like to do squates and steps.

I do lunges and squats HOWEVER I hate these lowering your body things that Bob makes us do on Cardio Max..then we hold in a pushup position for a gazillion years LOL and then he says now walk your way back up..Blah!!oh and I could kickbox jillian if she even added one more JUMPING JACK to her dvd lol....
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: