Herbalife

Options
2»

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and I weigh 185. I fit into my wedding dress. it would just feel a little better around if I were about 5 lbs lighter. I actually didn't have a real goal in mind when I started working out and counting calories. I just wanted to lose some. Instead I have gained weight. My trainer measures me every week, but I don't think it is very accurate since we never really remember where we measured the last time. According to the measurements I have lost inches. My clothes do not feel different and no size change. I work out at least 4 days a week if not 5. All cardio. I see my trainer once a week. Before I tried Herbalife, I was logging my food on this website. It told me to eat 1600 calories. Still nothing!

How long have you been working out with your trainer? It seems to me perhaps he isn't doing his job. I hired a trainer and he was very good about tracking my progress, he also provided me with a personalized meal plans and switched up my routine every few weeks to ensure I didn't plateau. He was a great source of knowledge and motivation. With him I was losing about 2lbs a week, however I was much heavier then. I was 237 when I started with him.

That being said I still think you can lose th 5lbs by June. It sounds like you are already putting in quite a bit of time at the gym, but are you mixing up your rountines? Also, are you eating your exercise calories? I know that is a controversial issue on this site. However from personal experience I have found it to be really important to prevent yourself from plateauing and to just help you keep your energy levels up. Also, recently I have been at a frustrating plateau at 186lbs. What eventually broke my plateau was the fact that I changed my cardio routine. I started running, something ,my body is definitely not use to.

Anyways keep your chin up. You can do this! And since your dress does fit don't put too much pressure on yourself. No need to make this busy time more stressful. :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly down to just doing the shakes for breakfast. I can see that eventually I might not do them at all, unless I really need a low-calorie meal option. I'm soooooo not a morning person, so it's much easier to make a shake (or drink the one I made the night before!) than it is to get up and cook breakfast. Gosh am I lazy or what?!? :blushing:

Wow... Herbalife is like a blast from the past for me. My Mom was (and actually still is!) an Herbalife distributor when I was a kid. I grew up on their vitamins and I remember how horrible the shakes used to be. I tried the cookies & cream protein shake a little while ago and they are a LOT better than the old chalky chocolate ones. :huh: I think it's ok to add them in to your diet, but not to use them as your meals only. I think there was only about 120 cals in the shake, so that would be WAY low for a meal. Good luck!