does the 30 day shred do what it says on the tin?

Options
just wondering whether to try it or not... Im 42, seriously unfit and with 90lbs to drop. Any feedback/results gratefully recieved! :))

Replies

• KathPearce
    KathPearce Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I started 30 DS last Saturday and I've managed 5/7 days. I am noticing a bit of a difference in my waist already. I weigh once a week do I don't know what I can contribute to the DVD in that respect but I am toning.
    I've taken measurements and 'before' pics which I'll compare at the end.

I am very unfit and have 50+ lbs to lose.

Feel free to add me and you can track how I find the DVD :)
  • sammibob
    Options
    thanks Kath, will do x
  • beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Today is my 7th day, but I've done 5 out of those 7 so far. It seems almost impossible at first try, but you begin to find it almost easy after a few days. She does work your butt hard, but some of the results are incredible, and for only 20 mins a day, I don't think you'll find many better workouts!
  • carole456
    carole456 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've about 100lbs to lose and am unfit! I plan to start 30DS in two weeks when I'm off work for a week (I'm on my feet all day and don't want to risk not being unable to walk!!)
  • crixmix
    crixmix Posts: 30
    Options
    Yes! I'm on day 9 level 1 and I've lost 2 inces on my waist and 1 on my hips. That's the only exercise I'm doing, and I'm doing it everyday. You will be sore after day 1, as I was, but once I just did it anyway it was fine. I'm not 'more sore' as a result to doing it daily. 'm so thrilled with what this DVD has given so far; my results are far better than what I was seeing using the elliptical for twice as long. You won't regret it.
  • occupyme
    occupyme Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does. You are neither too old nor too heavy to do it. Do what you can, and do more each day. Be persistent and consistent and you will win.
  • m_nicole29
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 5' 1" and I started the Shred on Sunday Jan the 8th weighing in at 181.6. Normally you are supposed to do each level for 10 days, or move forward when you are READY to progress. I did 6 days of Level 1 and started Level 2 yesterday! I will probably do Level 2 for the full 10 days. It's the only exercise I am doing currently until I am finished with the program. So far I've lost 5.5 lbs, and now weigh 176 and can notice inches lost on my body. I love this dvd, everyone can do it! Can't wait to keep going! Good luck to everyone on their weight loss journeys! :)
  • sammywil
    sammywil Posts: 104
    Options
    Im on Level 2 - 5 days in & I can see a difference already. Because I have about another 40 lbs to lose I think it will be beneficial to do it again once im almost down to my goal weight.

She works your socks off & although u wanna reach through the tv to punch her, lol, yolu cant help but push your way through AND the best part feel great after.

Go for it Sammi!
  • WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed doing it but got bored pretty quick :(
  • KathPearce
    KathPearce Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Those that I'm not already friends with I'm gonna add if that's ok. I love the positive comments and they're all so true! This is the attitude you need amoungst friends :)
  • bmgrant
    bmgrant Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just started the 30 Day Shred yesterday and I completed Day 2 Level 1 today...I have looked at so many threads on MFP with before and after pics of people who did this workout and I am so motivated to stick with it! I can't wait to see results like others have!

I have between 80-100lbs to lose and I have been working out/eating healthy for a week now and I feel great! If anyone wants to add me I would love more friends and support and I love supporting others too :)
  • m_nicole29
    Options
    She works your socks off & although u wanna reach through the tv to punch her, lol, yolu cant help but push your way through AND the best part feel great after.

hahahaha soooo true!!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    It's a great workout, especially if you are just starting out. It's only about 20 minutes, but packs a lot into those 20 minutes! It was my first Jillian DVD, and my first serious workout in years when I started it a couple of years ago - also the only thing that finally got me some results. I'm also in my 40s, and started it because I noticed I was gaining a few pounds every year, and that just walking wasn't taking any weight off or giving me the results I wanted. 30 Day Shred got me to dig out my old 5lb dumbbells (and eventually purchase 2s, 3s, 8s and 10s) and do more. After I recovered from the first workout (I could barely move for 3 days - a testament to how many muscles I HADN'T been using before then!), I jumped back in and continued it for the 30 days and beyond. Between the workout (4 days a week average) and tracking my foods, I finally saw the weight start to come off and my shape began to change for the better.

So I would say it does work! I now have 7 of Jillian's workouts and can't wait for the new one coming out in a couple of months! I like the variety she has - some are 20 minutes, some are 40, some use weights, some don't and are more cardio - but all of them will workout your whole body in some form with a variety of strength and cardio. By the way, if you live near a Target, they are nearly all on sale this week for $9!
  • justaspringhaze
    Options
    I just added you all as friends. I am finishing up her Yoga Meltdown while recovering from an injury, and I'm really excited to start 30DS in about a week when my injury is ready. I love your enthusiasm!
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    I am day 4 of level 2. I lost 6.5 inches just from the first level. I have over 100lbs to lose. I posted pics yesterday of the results so far.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and I didn't weigh my starting or ending weight but did take measurements and lost 8.5 inches in total. Not bad for a month! Feel free to add me as a friend because I'm currently doing it again. Starting day 8 tomorrow and going straight to level 2.
  • xosharonxo
    xosharonxo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm also in my 40s and I have about 80 lbs more to lose (I've lost 10 lbs so far). I just bought the DVD last week and am excited to use it. I presently have 2 more weeks in the exercise program I'm doing now and then I'll be working it with Jillian!
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I bought it after seeing peoples' before and after pics. Just wondering how everyone is logging it in their exercise diary. Any one want to share?
  • tameekie
    tameekie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm starting TONIGHT! Feel free to add me!
  • tameekie
    tameekie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I bought it after seeing peoples' before and after pics. Just wondering how everyone is logging it in their exercise diary. Any one want to share?

I looked it up on the net. a Person weighing 154 pounds will burn 503 calories in an hour on this DVD so for me it would be 532 calories/hour. I had to add it to "my exercises".