What is a curvey woman?

Options
martalaurazayas
martalaurazayas Posts: 75 Member
Ok, this is going to be a question that everyone will argue about. lol, Curvey seems to be a controversial subject here. In my opinion curvey includes the amount of fat you have on your body. But some people say it only includes the type of frame you have.

I think men should really chime in.

This is my opinion on what a curvey woman looks like.

2mrvexx.jpg

Replies

• martalaurazayas
    Options
    I'm new to posting pictures so they are coming out pretty large. I have learn how to make them smaller. Here is another pic of what I believe a curvy women looks like.

2zs16xg.jpg
  • susanb573
    susanb573 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The second woman is curvy. The first is simply overweight. But that's just my opinion
  • adalton6
    adalton6 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    The first is more ideal to me on what I think a curvey woman looks like!
  • JustGresh
    Options
    Curvy = Kim Kardashian
    Overweight = Her sister Khloe
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Ohh for crying out loud! Here we go...lets AS WOMEN throw daggers at each oth and give labels cause God knows the isnt enough pressure in society! A$$hats!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I would say 'curvy' refers to body shape rather than size - the 'hourglass' figure with waist quite a bit smaller than bust/hips rather than a more straight up-down figure. Some women referring themselves as 'curvy' when they are either too thin but have boobs, or are just plain overweight. It's all about the proportion to me not the size.
  • martalaurazayas
    Options
    Here is an example of a very fit woman, but in my opinion, not curvy.
    ztvhpf.jpg
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Ohh for crying out loud! Here we go...lets AS WOMEN throw daggers at each oth and give labels cause God knows the isnt enough pressure in society! A$$hats!

WORD!
  • martalaurazayas
    Options
    And finally, in my opinion, this is a picture of a thin woman. She has a small waist in comparison to her hips which some people like to base their description of curvy as. But its not my definition.

I don't think there is no one true definition to what a curvy woman is. There is the definition that means a woman with an hour glass figure and is thin. And there is the one that means the woman with a little fat to round her out and place more emphasis on her hour glass figure.

21awv41.jpg
  • martalaurazayas
    Options

lol, its not a label, its an adjective.
  • martalaurazayas
    Options
    Just noticed I misspelled curvy in the topic, sorry. Anyway.... I like the first 2 pictures. I think they are much sexier than the 2nd 2 pictures. I like the curvy look.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Instead of curvy I would insert the word feminine,to me it is much clearer in intent and easier to apply over the many very nice shapes and sizes ladies are.

I have to chuckle (not being mean either) regarding the couple of posts preferring one of the side by side pics to the other.
    They look like the same person to me but wearing a different fit of clothes. :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I would say curvy is about having a defined waist. I consider myself curvy... my hips and shoulders are about the same width with a smaller waist. Kate Moss is even curvy... she has the same waist to hip ratio as Marilyn Monroe.

The blindfolded woman and Hendricks are beyond curvy. They're voluptuous.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Curvy = Kim Kardashian
    Overweight = Her sister Khloe

Simplistic but correct, I agree. A curvy woman has an hourglass shape, large chest and butt and generally is at the high end of the BMI. Kim in most photos is not thin, she needs some abs, less stomach weight to be considered thin hence she is curvy.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Who the hell cares???? Can't we each just be the best selves we can be?? Why compare and poll and incessantly talk about who prefers what?
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Simplistic but correct, I agree. A curvy woman has an hourglass shape, large chest and butt and generally is at the high end of the BMI. Kim in most photos is not thin, she needs some abs, less stomach weight to be considered thin hence she is curvy.

After all, this is a complex philosophical question.... :-)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't think curvy has anything to do with fat. The 2 curviest women I know are UK size 6, US 0. They have tiny waists, but still have breasts and hips.

To me curvy is about hip to waist ratio.

Fat is just fat, lumpy doesn't equal curvy.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Who the hell cares???? Can't we each just be the best selves we can be?? Why compare and poll and incessantly talk about who prefers what?
    ^^^This.

As a man, I can honestly say that the majority of us don't care what size a woman is.
  • tamera14
    Options
    I'm with you on that and who knows which women are "natural" anymore. So many enhancements (some models/actresses goes as far to have some ribs removed!) NO JOKE!