What is a curvey woman?

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on that and who knows which women are "natural" anymore. So many enhancements (some models/actresses goes as far to have some ribs removed!) NO JOKE!

While surgery runs rampant, the rib removal rumor is just that... a rumor. http://www.snopes.com/horrors/vanities/ribs.asp
  • martalaurazayas
    martalaurazayas Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I would say curvy is about having a defined waist. I consider myself curvy... my hips and shoulders are about the same width with a smaller waist. Kate Moss is even curvy... she has the same waist to hip ratio as Marilyn Monroe.

The blindfolded woman and Hendricks are beyond curvy. They're voluptuous.

Oh I like that adjective "voluptuous".
  • martalaurazayas
    Options

Thanks, yes those are very pretty figures. I would call them curvy too.
  • martalaurazayas
    Options
    Instead of curvy I would insert the word feminine,to me it is much clearer in intent and easier to apply over the many very nice shapes and sizes ladies are.

I have to chuckle (not being mean either) regarding the couple of posts preferring one of the side by side pics to the other.
    They look like the same person to me but wearing a different fit of clothes. :laugh:

You are so right, the word "feminine" is a good word to use and might be better than curvy.

Oh by the way, there are 4 pictures: 1st is in one post and its the woman wearing the black lingerie (that is how I would like to look, jejeje), Then there is the 2nd set pictures side by side with the actress, then the 3rd post with a woman that is fit, and the 4th picture with the bathing suit model. I think that they were referring to the 1st post when they mentioned the first picture and not the 2nd post with the same actress in two pictures.
  • martalaurazayas
    Options
    Who the hell cares???? Can't we each just be the best selves we can be?? Why compare and poll and incessantly talk about who prefers what?

lol, don't get your panties in a twist and the question was not what do you prefer but what is your definition of curvy.

As far as saying what one prefers, why not? I know what my goal weight is because its a matter of preference for me. I know what hair color to use because its a matter of preference for me. I know what clothes to buy because is a matter of preference as well. And if I can get my body to look how I want it to look, well its also a matter of preference and I will do what I prefer.

What's wrong with that.
  • onefourone
    Options
    labels are only labels if you let them stick.

I think curvy is not being a straight line. The hour glass figure in all degrees. Its not a bad thing its a good thing really. Despite shape and size curves or straight its you that makes you beautiful not anything else.
  • ComeAroundSundown
    ComeAroundSundown Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I don't think curvy has anything to do with fat. The 2 curviest women I know are UK size 6, US 0. They have tiny waists, but still have breasts and hips.

To me curvy is about hip to waist ratio.

Fat is just fat, lumpy doesn't equal curvy.

I agree with this..
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    it has nothing to do with being fat or skinny...it's just the bust-waist-hip ratio...
  • Galletakek
    Options
    ...it's just the bust-waist-hip ratio...

^
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hey just seen this!

Yes, I agree with the below! It's related to your shape not if you have a cracking pair of puppies on you!!!!lol

Kim Kardashian and the woman out of Mad Men are good examples. It means you're not straight up and down, that you have some shape to you!
    I would say 'curvy' refers to body shape rather than size - the 'hourglass' figure with waist quite a bit smaller than bust/hips rather than a more straight up-down figure. Some women referring themselves as 'curvy' when they are either too thin but have boobs, or are just plain overweight. It's all about the proportion to me not the size.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    And finally, in my opinion, this is a picture of a thin woman. She has a small waist in comparison to her hips which some people like to base their description of curvy as. But its not my definition.

I don't think there is no one true definition to what a curvy woman is. There is the definition that means a woman with an hour glass figure and is thin. And there is the one that means the woman with a little fat to round her out and place more emphasis on her hour glass figure.

21awv41.jpg

this is so curvy!
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't give a darn. lol I love my girl unconditionally. whether she loses weight, gains weight or stays the same. I love all of her, not just her looks. I consider myself the luckiest man on the planet that she loves me.
  • fitnessdiva31
    Options
    I think the lady in black is curvy. She just needs to tone up a little.
  • Ashlea_M
    Ashlea_M Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    And finally, in my opinion, this is a picture of a thin woman. She has a small waist in comparison to her hips which some people like to base their description of curvy as. But its not my definition.

I don't think there is no one true definition to what a curvy woman is. There is the definition that means a woman with an hour glass figure and is thin. And there is the one that means the woman with a little fat to round her out and place more emphasis on her hour glass figure.

21awv41.jpg

Look it's a life size Barbie! lol :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'll personally never be what most people consider "curvy." When I am overweight, I am a fat beanpole (no defined waist, just straight up and down). When I am not overweight, I am a skinny beanpole (waist still only a couple of inches smaller than hips...see profile picture where the only "curve" is my chunky butt, lol).

I have thought about working on my shoulders and lats to make my upper body bigger so that my waist is given the illusion of being smaller...and perhaps some fake boobies too...maybe then I will be "curvy."

Either way...I'm comfortable in my own skin, and my husband loves the way I look...whether I'm society's definition of curvy or not.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't give a darn. lol I love my girl unconditionally. whether she loses weight, gains weight or stays the same. I love all of her, not just her looks. I consider myself the luckiest man on the planet that she loves me.

Aww, that's so awesome. I wish all men were like this.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I consider Nigella Lawson, Kim Kardashian, Cheryl Burke, Christina Hendricks, Marilyn Monroe to be curvy. All absolutely beautiful in my opinion.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    Here is an example of a very fit woman, but in my opinion, not curvy.
    ztvhpf.jpg

WOW! What a great pic! HA HA! She is hot!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I consider Nigella Lawson, Kim Kardashian, Cheryl Burke, Christina Hendricks, Marilyn Monroe to be curvy. All absolutely beautiful in my opinion.

I agree on all of them except Cheryl Burke, and might I add I've got a bit of a crush on Nigella and Christina ;)
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    As a man, I can honestly say that the majority of us don't care what size a woman is.

Really? I care!