Musicians?! are you out there?

Options
toebass
toebass Posts: 73 Member
Just curious whether or not there are any other musicians out there?? and do any of you have bands??

would love to see what everyone else here has to offer :)

Replies

• lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I don't have a band..
    I just kind of write songs & sing them to myself... & my nephew.
    Everyone tells me I should be in a band & trying to get myself heard.. Not so fond of that idea actually.
    I'd love to learn the guitar. Every time I tune mine, the last string jumps back out of tune.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    guitar & bass. not in a band, no time with family stuff. but i play whenever i can.
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Musician here! Drummer in a gigging band, piano/guitar/bass on the side. Love music, but I enjoy performing more!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I'm in an a cappella group, does that count? :D

No really though, I've been singing forever and now I direct an all-female a cappella "band". I'm also in the process of learning keyboard and guitar. My boyfriend has asked me to join his band once I get good at keyboard, so I'm looking forward to that!
  • toebass
    toebass Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Musician here! Drummer in a gigging band, piano/guitar/bass on the side. Love music, but I enjoy performing more!

awesome jamszy!! what band do you play in? do you do orginals or covers??

and a cappella groups totally count!!! i wish i could sing like that!
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I play 12 string acoustic guitar, piano and I sing. I write my own stuff and do covers. Not in a band, did some talent shows years ago, now I just play for myself and put recordings on youtube for fun.
  • amqpunk
    Options
    Hey there - fellow musician here. I play rhythm guitar and sing for a female-fronted rock band out in Jersey. We gig alot around in NJ and sometimes NYC too.
  • jamszy
    Options

awesome jamszy!! what band do you play in? do you do orginals or covers??

Our band is called "A Avenue" and we do primarily rock covers (classic/modern/alt) but also have about 10 originals we're hoping to get recorded sometime soon! It's such a blast traveling and entertaining, just wish there wasn't a shortage on bass players! We always need a new one every year or so!
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm a pianist -- mostly classical and some jazz.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    musician here.

there's even a group for us! i made it... haven't been on it in a while though...

i play piano, sing, write, teach, etc
  • MrFatLegs
    MrFatLegs Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I play the bass, and a little guitar :D
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I'm a classically trained singer, but now I just rock out to Heart, Bonnie Taylor, and Pat Benatar and other 80's hair bands
  • buddy529
    buddy529 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I play electric, acoustic and classical guitar and sing in a two-member folk rock parody band lol...kind of a Flight of the Conchords cover band though my bandmate has been working on original material for us :)

P.S. I'm double majoring in journalism and music and would, one day, like to teach music, either instrumental, voice or it's history.
  • jamszy
    Options
    I'm probably not the first to think this, but we should create some tracks for a MFP Collaboration?
  • Raiderxx
    Raiderxx Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    HELL YEA!

My name is Zach and I am definitely a musician! I am a vocalist, in all aspects of the term, I can sing, rap, and do death metal vocals. I also can play drums and guitar! I love music with everything in me and it keeps me going on a daily basis. I am in 1 band that may not spark many of yall's interest because its death metal/deathcore but, we are called Commotio Cordis. We are signed to an independent label called Swimming With Sharks Records and we have a 5 song EP released for download on the web. I hope you all check us out and if you dig the tunes thats great!

http://www.facebook.com/commotiocordisofficial

Anyone feel free to add me for support in their weightloss and musical journeys! :D
  • Bradyns
    Bradyns Posts: 22
    Options
    Guitarist that dabbles in piano.

Guitar:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1WUnjmDgRI

Piano:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MZgIjRqhgU

I am heavily influenced by baroque/classical, with my favourite genres of music being neoclassical / progressive / death metal.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I play guitar. I am not in a band now, but I was in a garage rock band in high school. We played Metallica, Slayer, and Rob Zombie covers and wrote some of our stuff. After high school and everyone went to different colleges, that was the end of that. But I still play my guitars in my house.
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I got involved in a bet which involved me learning how to play bass and forming a band for a laugh which kept on... so here is the band of which I sing and play bass for (3 vocalists total, so not all me)

http://www.soundcloud.com/pestotheband

Bringing you sloppy lo-fi choons since 2010! We have a cover and an EP full of stuff on that page! Check it out :) I also started a group which you'll probably be interested in for music fans

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2107-we-love-music

It's not the biggest but it's the most active music board on the site :D But it's not nearly busy enough.. so like join!
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm a musician ( piano / violin / guitar / drums / vocals ). I also teach piano and violin for a living and love it :)

I was in a band for three years, but I haven't been playing with them for about a year now.
    I recorded keys, violin and backup vocals on the first two CDs, and a little keys on the most recent album (even though I left the band months before recording).

http://pleasedonotfight.com/
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    If you go to videos on the site I'm in the music video with the animation :) I also drew all of the art that they animated.