Musicians?! are you out there?

Options

Replies

• Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm a guitarist and vocalist. Also play a bit of Uke but that's for my own pleasure :P

I have been gigging as a Singer for 8 years now, but never been in a working band, still something to cross off my 'to do' list!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Professional classical musician - no band, but interested in other people's!
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    I play guitar. No band though. Nobody I know that's into the music I like playing (post-rock, doom metal, thrash, tech-death) play any instruments.

When I was younger I was briefly in a black metal band.
  • BellydanceBliss
    Options
    i play the flute out of my hymnal and guitar but havent in months. I get frustrated with guitar because I cant play like i used to after getting electrocuted and i used to play piano
  • amyofftherecord
    amyofftherecord Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm a musician! Singer/songwriter (trying to start a band, though). I mostly play guitar, but also piano, cello, violin, bassoon, bass... pretty much anything I can get my hands on!

Except percussion. I suck at percussion :P
  • divasaint
    Options
    I'm a singer, a pianist of sorts and a really rather bad guitarist :D
  • mdailey93
    Options
    I can play the flute and the trumpet!

I haven't played either in a while though. :(

I really miss the flute because I was quite good at it.
  • 1a1a
    1a1a Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Jack of all, master of none, currently on guitar, playing in a grungey rock metal band called Priority Orange. What with us forming about 20 years too late, we play to empty rooms, which is a pity, because the person who writes the songs is having a really solid crack at building upon the styles he likes rather than blithely imitating them.

www.priorityorange.com

Before that, I was in bass, initially in a pub rock band called MonkeyBox, and then in a Thrash band called Convict Anatomy. I'm not into metal per se but it's damn technical and I actually quite enjoy playing it....great energy in metal too, pity about the screaming vocals (they get old really quick).
  • pixieakabigd
    Options
    I have played guitar for a good few years and sing. I've done a good few gigs and played in a band for a while too!
  • Ruthyjenks
    Options
    I'm an alto sax player.

I play in a local street band and we all dress outrageously in hot pink (even the guys)!

Massive fun :)
  • danniellexxx
    Options
    I song write and play guitar, but no band ....
    :)
  • sjostrich
    sjostrich Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm reacquainting myself with the bass after a hiatus of 7 or so years(!). I'm the token chick in my friends' band, which I'm hoping will up their cool factor by quite a bit! They want to do a gig soon and I'm trying my best but I must admit it's a bit nerve-racking!
  • danielssmith
    danielssmith Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just bought myself a new (second hand) bass to get back playing. Not been in a band, except a couple of thrown together things for weddings and birthdays. Played rhythm guitar on those, just covers. Would love to get back playing in a band but time is precious.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    all the bass players, any of you play upright, or all bass guitar? fretless bass guitar for me.
    electric, classical, acoustic and a jazzbox on the skinny strings.
  • toebass
    toebass Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    all the bass players, any of you play upright, or all bass guitar? fretless bass guitar for me.
    electric, classical, acoustic and a jazzbox on the skinny strings.

I play Bass :)

i can play both electric and upright, but I usually stick with electric - much more suitable for my style of music :)
  • toebass
    Options
    Also making a collboration of MFP musos would be rad!!!

i'll have a listen to all the links when I get a chance this afternoon!

for any one who cares i'm in a prog rock band - toehider.com :)

or for those more metal inclined, we wrote the most metal song in the world :-p:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GbZHrONI2k
  • jlfox165
    Options
    Singer/songwriter/rhythm guitarist here playing in two bands.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    I am a singer, but opera and choral, not in a band.
  • george_ie_girl
    george_ie_girl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Piano and percussion player here! Yeah that's right - percussion - I got to travel around all of Australia playing the triangle and crash cymbals!
  • toebass
    Options
    Piano and percussion player here! Yeah that's right - percussion - I got to travel around all of Australia playing the triangle and crash cymbals!

h that sounds rad! what band do you play with?