My before and after

Options
SHBoss1673
SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
Pardon my hair in the latest pics. It's morning and I just wet it down. also pardon the background. they were taken in my "dungeon". The basement of our new house that is my office, eventually I'll fix it up...after the kitchen, the bathroom, the deck, the back yard, the roof...etc. LOL

anyway, I have 3 picture times. Here they are, maybe this will help someone.

this one was taken in 2006 at a beach, ugh, my stomach looks 6 months preggo!
Picture063.jpg

these are about a 6 months ago ago (getting there)

flex2_october.jpg

steve_october.jpg

steve_side_oct.jpg

and these are from today (still getting there!).

me_front2.jpg

me_flex.jpg

me_side.jpg

I know 6 months ago to now doesn't look like a big change, but my stomach is tighter, and my arms are far more defined now, and my chest is slightly larger. My weight is essentially the same though (maybe 1 or 2 lbs different).
Hope this motivates someone!

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    Options
    Pardon my hair in the latest pics. It's morning and I just wet it down. also pardon the background. they were taken in my "dungeon". The basement of our new house that is my office, eventually I'll fix it up...after the kitchen, the bathroom, the deck, the back yard, the roof...etc. LOL

anyway, I have 3 picture times. Here they are, maybe this will help someone.

this one was taken in 2006 at a beach, ugh, my stomach looks 6 months preggo!
    Picture063.jpg

these are about a 6 months ago ago (getting there)

flex2_october.jpg

steve_october.jpg

steve_side_oct.jpg

and these are from today (still getting there!).

me_front2.jpg

me_flex.jpg

me_side.jpg

I know 6 months ago to now doesn't look like a big change, but my stomach is tighter, and my arms are far more defined now, and my chest is slightly larger. My weight is essentially the same though (maybe 1 or 2 lbs different).
    Hope this motivates someone!
  • BarbG
    BarbG Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!!!:happy: You are doing great!
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    WOW! I see a big difference. You are built very similar to my husband. He is overseas right now and we are using this time to try to get more fit. I am hoping that in the 5 months that he is gone - he will see some of these same results like you.

GOOD JOB!!!!
  • indianagranny
    Options
    You are doing great. Keep up the good work.
  • rstarks54
    rstarks54 Posts: 163
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    Options
    Thanks for sharing--it's really helpful to see before's and after's of people who've 'done this' or are in the process of. Especially male B&A's, because my husband can see the differences, too. (He's a member but doesn't post.)

Great job! I appreciate seeing these. :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I think your doing a great job! Losing the weight is one thing, but getting those muscles defined like that is a different level of devotion.

Good for you Steve! and Mrs Steve too:bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Thanks guys. Well, one day, ONE DAY I'll have the abs I so desire. It's the damn loose skin. I can feel em, you just can't see em. It will tighten up eventually though.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Very good work man! :wink:
    I cannot wait until I have someserious muscle definition! Although I am currently noticing I have some little biceps pokin' out AND the beginnings of AB definition :noway:

Keep it up, and don't leave this site again!! :noway: :ohwell:
  • kevmandfl
    kevmandfl Posts: 41
    Options
    Well done.
    There is a big difference !!!!!!
    Thanks for posting , nice to see before and afters , gives us all hope.
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :happy:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    ow ow!!
  • briblue72
    Options
    Thanks guys. Well, one day, ONE DAY I'll have the abs I so desire. It's the damn loose skin. I can feel em, you just can't see em. It will tighten up eventually though.

I'm hating my loose skin. When I saw my brother after losing about 50 lbs, I was wearing a tank top and he said "dang. why do you have so much skin on your arms?"

I know, better to have skin than fat underneath, but still... SHRINK ALREADY!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options

I'm hating my loose skin. When I saw my brother after losing about 50 lbs, I was wearing a tank top and he said "dang. why do you have so much skin on your arms?"

I hope you punched him in the face after he said that!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

I was thinking the exact same thing!

And Banks.......You look great!
  • briblue72
    Options

I was thinking the exact same thing!

And Banks.......You look great!

nah - he knows how hard I've worked and how far I've come. That's what brothers are for, right!?

I'm pretty sure my come back was "why do YOU have so much HAIR on your BACK?" :laugh:

we may be getting older, but we'll always have conversations like that! :tongue:
  • SHBoss1673
    Options
    Heh, I hear ya. My father always used to say "look at that belly!" now he says nothing, which I'll take as a compliment because that's about as close as he'll get to one.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Awesome job banks..definite difference between 6 months and now.. nice work.. :drinker: :drinker:

thanks for sharing, it helps to see when folks are successful. It gives me hope that I really am moving in the right direction.

Keep up the good work.

janiebeth
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!

I Love seeing before and after pics and see how much people have changed.

I can't wait to have some, even though i don't have all that much to lose, i can see a bit of a difference in my jeans already, never really took before pics though.

Paula
  • princessdrake
    princessdrake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Very inspiring!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    congrats, keep up the great work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!