A woman's guide to taking pictures.

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
This is simple guide I have devised of do's and don't's of taking a picture of yourself, with picture examples.

DON'T:
--Take the picture from any extreme angle. It's unflattering and has a serious risk of making you look like you have an oddly-shaped head.
--Stick your tongue out. No one wants to see so far down your throat they can tell what you've had for breakfast.
--Purse your lips to try to look like Angelina Jolie. You don't. You look like you've smelled something terrible.

Example 1.
What you think it says: I'm a crazy party girl who isn't afraid to have fun!

What it really says: I would really like for everyone to be able to see what I ate for lunch.

6-2.jpg

Example 2.
What you think it says: OMG I'm so silly! Look at me making such an ugly face! lol!

What it really says: I would really like my lips to look like they've been injected with fix-a-flat.

7-1.jpg

Example 3.
What you think it says: I'm such a good photographer! Look at me taking a picture at a weird, quirky angle!

What it really says: My face looks too fat from straight on, so maybe if I take this in such a way that my head looks like a light bulb, everyone will think I'm pretty.

8-2.jpg

DO:
--Take the picture at a normal, straight-on angle.
--Smile. It makes you look very pretty.

Example:

What it says: I'm happy, and I am confident I look pretty without having to distort my face or wear more makeup than Loretta Lynn. And since this picture only captures my face, no one can even tell I'm not wearing pants right now.

9-1.jpg

The more you know.

Replies

• ImHoRnY6969
    Options
    How about you don't take awkward pictures of yourself lying on your bed waiting to get hit up. Solves that problem. HMU 908 894 9202
  • lillystargazer
    Options
    Haha, I am very guilty of the angle pictures. I hope to get out of that habit someday... :P
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    Love this!
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha I love this post!!! Awesome ;)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    Thank you ladies. I hope no one found it offensive, it is meant to be funny, afterall! Back in the day I've been guilty of all of these myself :laugh:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    one more thing.....

always include at least ONE shot on whatever profile you're posting pictures on of your body. *especially* if you're looking for someone to find you attractive... anyone who's ever done the online thing knows not to ever message someone who only has head shots. it's just dangerous.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    one more thing.....

always include at least ONE shot on whatever profile you're posting pictures on of your body. *especially* if you're looking for someone to find you attractive... anyone who's ever done the online thing knows not to ever message someone who only has head shots. it's just dangerous.

Haha, yes, this!
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    one more thing.... when you take a picture don't have junk in the background.....like an episode of Hoarders....
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    lmfao!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I ♥ the angle pics! I do them in all the pictures I take, no matter what I am taking a picture of. Never did the duck face or tounge out though. lol
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha. "No one can tell I'm not wearing pants right now."

:D
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Also:

My pictures are straight on, and I still look like I have a lightbulb for a head.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Also:

My pictures are straight on, and I still look like I have a lightbulb for a head.

Too many DEFINATELY use the MySpace pose too much.

I prefer the straight on shot you see here. It also illustrates how horny I am and you know what they say about big ears......
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    one more thing.... when you take a picture don't have junk in the background.....like an episode of Hoarders....

:laugh:
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    haha, cute
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    one more thing.....

I didn't realize this was a dating site?
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    If you take your pic in the bathroom mirror, try not to get the toilet in the picture.
    Watch out for what your pets are doing in the background too....
    A little modesty please, for grannies like me.....eek, TMI!:laugh:
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Haha, so many of these I am guilty of! :embarassed:

Also...for the love of junk food, put some clothes on, girl! And preferably some where your boobs won't be pushed out over the top.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I like my dorky pictures, it's a personality thing. I'm not here to show headshots of me. I'm not interviewing for a modeling gig. If I want to take a picture of me shaving my chest hair (I don't, but I could....but I won't.) and post it as my avatar then so be it!!! PERSONALITIES REIN SUPREME!!! I do agree with the facebook/myspace angle thing. Not because it doesn't show personality, but because it looks weird.. Unless that is your personality, then more power to you!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    I like my dorky pictures, it's a personality thing. I'm not here to show headshots of me. I'm not interviewing for a modeling gig. If I want to take a picture of me shaving my chest hair (I don't, but I could....but I won't.) and post it as my avatar then so be it!!! PERSONALITIES REIN SUPREME!!! I do agree with the facebook/myspace angle thing. Not because it doesn't show personality, but because it looks weird.. Unless that is your personality, then more power to you!

Oh, don't get me wrong. I like quirky pictures, like yours. They really DO show you aren't afraid to be silly. But haven't you ever seen a Facebook where literally every picture of them is their tongue hanging out or duckface? Maybe not, but I have some friends who are still in high school and do this while holding up a beer. To me, it's trashy lol