A woman's guide to taking pictures.

Options

Replies

• d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I like my dorky pictures, it's a personality thing. I'm not here to show headshots of me. I'm not interviewing for a modeling gig. If I want to take a picture of me shaving my chest hair (I don't, but I could....but I won't.) and post it as my avatar then so be it!!! PERSONALITIES REIN SUPREME!!! I do agree with the facebook/myspace angle thing. Not because it doesn't show personality, but because it looks weird.. Unless that is your personality, then more power to you!

Oh, don't get me wrong. I like quirky pictures, like yours. They really DO show you aren't afraid to be silly. But haven't you ever seen a Facebook where literally every picture of them is their tongue hanging out or duckface? Maybe not, but I have some friends who are still in high school and do this while holding up a beer. To me, it's trashy lol

Ahh yes, I do understand what you are saying. Yes the holding the beer thing drives me crazy as well. We get it you are a rule breaker!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I am super guilty of the tongue out photos.... but once a person take so many pictures, I get sick of smiling..... I also have "dinosaur face"
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,126 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Now if only this were a sticky...
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Guys guide for taking a photo:

Step 1: Find a tie.
    Step 2: Put it on your head.
    Step 3: Snap a photo.
    Step 4: hatereagle.jpg
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    2uid5zo.gif
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I am super guilty of the tongue out photos.... but once a person take so many pictures, I get sick of smiling..... I also have "dinosaur face"

We need to see dinosaur face... that reminds me of one of my most embarrassing moments at the gym. I took a pre-workout and was just ultra pumped to be at the gym. Was doing power lifts and I just shattered my PR, I slammed the weight down on the floor flexed and screamed, rawr I'm a F****** t-rex.. A girl about 20 feet a way fell out of her exercise bike and stared at me petrified.. I had forgotten that unlike usually, I wasn't the only person in the gym today. She told me, Don't do that, I nearly pee'd myself.. We got a laugh at it afterwards but the look on her face, was priceless.
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Haha! Good advice, but No3 is the best, you didn't do it badly enough and you look sultry
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    one more thing.....

always include at least ONE shot on whatever profile you're posting pictures on of your body. *especially* if you're looking for someone to find you attractive... anyone who's ever done the online thing knows not to ever message someone who only has head shots. it's just dangerous.
    I didn't realize this was a dating site?

welcome to the internet ;)
  • caveats
    caveats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!

Nice work on all of your example pics. ;)
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    one more thing.....

always include at least ONE shot on whatever profile you're posting pictures on of your body. *especially* if you're looking for someone to find you attractive... anyone who's ever done the online thing knows not to ever message someone who only has head shots. it's just dangerous.
    I didn't realize this was a dating site?

welcome to the internet ;)

OMG, A girl talked to me!!!!
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options

We need to see dinosaur face... that reminds me of one of my most embarrassing moments at the gym. I took a pre-workout and was just ultra pumped to be at the gym. Was doing power lifts and I just shattered my PR, I slammed the weight down on the floor flexed and screamed, rawr I'm a F****** t-rex.. A girl about 20 feet a way fell out of her exercise bike and stared at me petrified.. I had forgotten that unlike usually, I wasn't the only person in the gym today. She told me, Don't do that, I nearly pee'd myself.. We got a laugh at it afterwards but the look on her face, was priceless.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA that is AWESOME!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    one more thing.... when you take a picture don't have junk in the background.....like an episode of Hoarders....

this!!!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I saw a pic of a girl once somewhere.. she was doing one of those camera phone in the bathroom "I think I'm really hot" shots.. from the extreme angle. And you could see the toilet below her... she'd taken a big ole dump and hadn't flushed. good grief. lol
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I saw a pic of a girl once somewhere.. she was doing one of those camera phone in the bathroom "I think I'm really hot" shots.. from the extreme angle. And you could see the toilet below her... she'd taken a big ole dump and hadn't flushed. good grief. lol

yep that is an internet meme now. :-D
  • smantha32
    Options
    one more thing.... when you take a picture don't have junk in the background.....like an episode of Hoarders....

LMAO!
  • smantha32
    Options

yep that is an internet meme now. :-D

Sometimes people scare me. :)
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options

Lol, also mirror pics with lots of toothpaste and flossing residue splattered all over the mirror, bleugh!

There is also the ever popular I'm a badass giving the camera the finger. Nothing says more hardcore :wink:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Please post tips for guyz. In all my pictures I look like a walrus. I don't really look like a walrus, my mom said so. Help me take pictures where I don't look like a walrus.

Advice that will make me look like a manatee is not helpful either.

Thanks for your support.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    This is great.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Please post tips for guyz. In all my pictures I look like a walrus. I don't really look like a walrus, my mom said so. Help me take pictures where I don't look like a walrus.

Advice that will make me look like a manatee is not helpful either.

Thanks for your support.

Guys should break every rule she stated. We are the exact opposite of women. Thus you should always stick your tongue out while shooting at extreme odd myspace angles.