Things I would love to see on this site

Options
NeverGivesUp
NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
I am really enjoying this site a lot, but I wanted to mention a few things I would love to see to make it even better, feel free to chime in.

1.A like button

2. I would love to get notifications on topics and friend's posts I have responded to

3. It would be nice to be able to find posts and groups a little easier

I am sure there is more but I wanted to mention this while I was thinking about it. I love all the support we get on our journeys. This is truly a life saver for many so thank you!!

Replies

• NeverGivesUp
    Options
    Also I would love to get notifications on posts I have started
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    3. It would be nice to be able to find posts and groups a little easier

That one is already doable,just click on "My Topics" above. :smile:
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I agree, all of those would be nice, especially a like button - and notifications!
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    would like a like button
  • clairedance
    Options
    I want more customizable reports! I love to see the data I put into the system (weight, nutrition) in a format that makes sense to me. A customizable date range would be great, for a start! That way I can look at the changes over time more easily. It's really motivating to me to see those kinds of changes, and MFP just doesn't have it!
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you......
    "Like" is very important
  • NeverGivesUp
    Options
    yes customize reports, I would love that too. Now I can only see my iron take separate from everything else as well as cholesterol. It would be nice to be able to pick and choose what I want to see in the reports. I hope admin is reading this.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    They'd be more likely to read it if you put it in the right forum.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    "Like" is very important

Why?
  • tafinney
    tafinney Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Forums access from the iPad app.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    "Like" is very important

Why?

Good point! Getting healthy is very important - a like button is completely unneccesary!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    "Like" is very important

Why?

Good point! Getting healthy is very important - a like button is completely unneccesary!

THANK YOU!
    Forums access from the iPad app.

Doesn't the iPad have a browser?
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    So a calorie counting facebook?

eh
  • Hikaru37
    Hikaru37 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    A way to customise your profile- a bit like what myspace used to be like!

Also a block button! (On profiles, not having to jump through hoops and have a message off said person to block 'em)

And YESH to notifications!!!
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Notifications are a must, as soon as I went past 20 friends it started to get a bit difficult to follow!

A friend chat would be nice as well

YES I DO WANT IT TO BE MORE LIKE FACEBOOK, got a problem... then you'll need to answer to Betsy
  • Hikaru37
    Options
    Really the only comparison to FB you could make is if it got a like button

Notifications and other such things have been around since the social networking dawn of time

Myspace
    Bebo
    Piczo
    Etc etc
  • Hikaru37
    Options
    Notifications are a must, as soon as I went past 20 friends it started to get a bit difficult to follow!

A friend chat would be nice as well

YES I DO WANT IT TO BE MORE LIKE FACEBOOK, got a problem... then you'll need to answer to Betsy

YES
    ONLINE CHAT!
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Weight gain ticker, a lot of people are screaming for that.
  • Platnex
    Platnex Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I really do not like the idea of adding a "Like" button, with that button it will become like facebook, you will lose most of the discussions that happens on posts as people will just like it instead of commenting and, sometimes getting into a conversation, we are here to motivate ourself and others, adding a like button will remove a lot of that.

with regards to a better forum system, I agree with that, I am used to this layout however I know a lot of people have issues with it as it is tricky to keep track of what you have posted if you do not know where to go.

As for a chat system, I would like to see that but it could bring in spamming issues, maybe we should set up an IRC channel?
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    YES!