What do you eat when you're ravenous and only have 100 cals

Options
So, you've got about 100cals left and you're feeling really hungry. I have a massive appetite most days and am always on the look out for low cal foods that make you feel really full.

One of my favourite ones is making up a packet of Paxo stuffing mix.

I'll grant ya it's not the most sophisticated of foods but at 60cals for 50g its a big bowl of sage and onioney goodness that stops me going back to the fridge for something else.

Replies

• Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have eaten a whole jar of pickled red cabbage before, I seem to remember that being under 100 calories. It gave me heart burn though.
  • pretty_ribbons
    pretty_ribbons Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    if i havent got many calories left i usually opt for frozen mixed veg in a big bowl but its really hard for me to not eat badly so i would sometimes just go hungry 'cos i dont have much will power and if i start eating something it will open my appetite and i end up stuffing my face (erm...the reason im a chubba! lol)

i might have to try the stuffing though, i could have it with my veg lol
  • JG1807
    JG1807 Posts: 40
    Options
    Yeah. I know what you mean about opening your appetite back up. That's why I like things like stuffing though. It really does stuff ya! lol
  • psmith64
    psmith64 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I will normall plump for some fruit, especially strawberries when they are around. At only 28 calories per 100 g, try eating 350g of them to use up 100 calories, its very difficult to still feel hungry after just 200g. I guess its because they are full of water so bulk you up.

Regards

Paul
  • kelbels1
    kelbels1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    a small apple, carrots, pickles, grapes, cucumber, tomatoes, yogurt, chottage cheese. any one of these seems to work for me.
  • angel791
    angel791 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would have a slice of whole wheat bread.

If I knew I didn't need the extra calories, and wanted to kill my appetite, I would brush my teeth or clean the kitchen sink with chlorox bleach. The odor of the bleach really makes me forget I had hunger pangs.
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    Popcorn!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I usually eat an apple (150ish grams is around 50 calories!).
  • Lindy901
    Lindy901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Egg white or egg beaters mixed with some veggies and maybe a little cheese. I'd also do some exercise if you're able to. Yesterday I had a big lunch and really had to work out in order to be able to eat supper otherwise I'd have had only 150 calories myself.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    tomatoes and cucumbers
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have home made weight watchers soup in my freezer for those times.

I make it with vegetable stock cubes, carrots, onions, garlic, broccoli, green cabbage, red and yellow peppers and a pinch of Thyme.

Yum :)

(just don't eat it with bread!!). It's around 40-60 cals a cup.
  • eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    2 hard-boiled eggs - whites only, sliced + 2 ryvitas....+ 7.5g smear of heinz extra-light salad cream on each ryvita!!

= 108 cals and 1g fat only.

ETA: boiled eggs really keep me full for a long time because of the high protein content - try this :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    kettle popcorn, or cheese, or canned no salt green beans with balsamic vinegar.
  • Jacinta130
    Options
    A cuppa soup usually works, you can get some really nice ones from Ainsley Harriot for under 100 cals.
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    a small apple, carrots, pickles, grapes, cucumber, tomatoes, yogurt, chottage cheese. any one of these seems to work for me.

^^^^ This!
  • spittster
    Options
    I love an Unjury Protein drink/smoothy or soup. . .keeps me satisfied for hours and keeps my protein levels up!!!
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Apple and some cheese for me or a couple of eggs, and i cut it up small
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate mini rice cakes. At 60 calories for about 7 rice cakes it tides me through to the next meal without using up all my calories.
  • shortandfeisty
    Options
    Cottage cheese (1%) on Special K Cracker crisps. I don't eat a whole serving of the cracker crisps so it holds me on calories and I get the protein from the cottage cheese.
  • Missjilly1025
    Missjilly1025 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Celery and peanut butter