What do you eat when you're ravenous and only have 100 cals

Options

Replies

• bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    2 hard-boiled eggs - whites only, sliced + 2 ryvitas....+ 7.5g smear of heinz extra-light salad cream on each ryvita!!

= 108 cals and 1g fat only.

ETA: boiled eggs really keep me full for a long time because of the high protein content - try this :)

i agree with the eggs -- you need some protein to make you feel full.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    It depends if I have a sweet tooth or not at the time. Sweet: 1/2 vitatop chocolate muffin (50 cal for half) 1/2 cup skim milk (45 cal)

not so sweet: 2% cottage cheese with added fiber.
  • Isidora87
    Options
    In that case, I try not to eat anything, because I always think like what if I didn't calculate something right, and that 100cal would be too much :)
  • corijeananderson
    Options
    I eat half a bag of steamed pict sweet baby brussels with Crystals hot sauce and I cant believe its not butter. Yummy!
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I am never "ravenous" I make sure my protein and fiber intake reach their goals. That is what will keep you on track!

this.
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    eggs, fat free cheese, soup, hummus and wheat crackers.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am never "ravenous" I make sure my protein and fiber intake reach their goals. That is what will keep you on track!

this.

Yes, this. That being said, if I am dying to chow down on something, it is usually lots and lots of baby carrots - the crunch factor helps with the munchies and the fiber helps with the fullness factor.
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    I'll eat popcorn and pickles. That's usually my evening snack attack. :-)
  • lilgemae
    Options
    If you are looking for something sweet try a homemade 'ice cream sandwich' take one graham cracker break it in half, put a nice thick layer of cool whip on one of the halves (about 3 to 4 tbsp) place the second half on top to make the sandwich and chill it in the freezer for a while. They take a little bit of prep but they are a cool sweet treat in a pinch. I think when all is said and done they are about 90 calories...
  • ixnaytheigloo
    ixnaytheigloo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try an egg white omlette with some spinach and onions
  • Josteyn
    Josteyn Posts: 44
    Options
    So, you've got about 100cals left and you're feeling really hungry. I have a massive appetite most days and am always on the look out for low cal foods that make you feel really full.

One of my favourite ones is making up a packet of Paxo stuffing mix.

I'll grant ya it's not the most sophisticated of foods but at 60cals for 50g its a big bowl of sage and onioney goodness that stops me going back to the fridge for something else.

But a packet is 170 g which comes to over 200 calories - and it is pure stodge... why not exercise for 10 minutes, and then eat something more nutritious?
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Biggest loser chocolate protein powder. doesn't seem like much when you make it(I make it hot because it doesn't disolve well cold without a blender). It's 50 calories for 1 scoop and takes the hunger away. Also try drinking water. Hunger pangs can be dehydration related as well. Also coffee works.
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have home made weight watchers soup in my freezer for those times.

I make it with vegetable stock cubes, carrots, onions, garlic, broccoli, green cabbage, red and yellow peppers and a pinch of Thyme.

Yum :)

(just don't eat it with bread!!). It's around 40-60 cals a cup.

THIS IS A PERFECT STOPGAP AND IT ALWAYS DOES THE TRICK........USE ANY VEG YOU HAVE AND ITS REALLY FILLING. ITS ALSO GOOD FOR LUNCH WHEN YOU ARE EATING OUT IN THE EVENING ON A SPECIAL OCCASION AND NEED THOSE EXTRA CALORIES.:bigsmile:
    GOOD LUCK !!!!
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    a small apple, carrots, pickles, grapes, cucumber, tomatoes, yogurt, chottage cheese. any one of these seems to work for me.

Yep! Pickles! They're zero calories... I don't quite know how that's possible, but that's what the jar says!
  • Leesseebee
    Options
    Ok yes, balance is key to avoid being ravenous, but ladies, when it is that time of the month before that time of the month sometimes you are hungry enough to eat your own arm off...soooo I try and plan for it by eating bigger meals with a lot of fiber-read, veggies. Big *kitten* bags of lettuce and not a ton of salad dressing. Straight up egg whites made with whatever-I make them plain sometimes and if I am really lazy I throw them in the microwave...my roomate thinks they stink-but I think they're ok. The calories here depend on the size you eat.
    Some awesome mfper posted this recipe for soy noodles and chopsuey-if you are interested message me-I have it in my laptop at home!
    Good luck and try and keep it balanced :)
  • nicole_88
    nicole_88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A can of greenbeans!
  • getshredded2012
    getshredded2012 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    check out this website for some great ideas of snack under 100 cals

http://www.greatist.com/health/88-unexpected-snacks-under-100-calories/

Will have to check this out!
  • shellybean826
    Options
    ok im not sure if anyone has said this yet or not ..but i found these noodles ..they are made from konjac root .and they have zero calories, zero carbs, ZERO everything lmao ...you can read about them at nooodles.com ....i put popcorn seasonings on them ...and i eat a bag ...and if im still hungry i eat another bag :) ..hope that helps ...
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    check out this website for some great ideas of snack under 100 cals

http://www.greatist.com/health/88-unexpected-snacks-under-100-calories/

brill website thank you xxx
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Pepperoncinis! The spiciness helps to curb any craving, and at 15calories for around 7-10, you can't complain!