it realy anoys meh win peopul mispell werds

Options

Replies

• court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    As long as I understand what's being said, I could care less.........unless they're applying for a job....:)

^^AGREED. I know I've made a mistake or two spelling/grammarwise, so it doesn't bother me!
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    ((((((HUGS))))) my hero ;):flowerforyou:

whose ur hero lol
  • neelie57
    neelie57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I agree, can we please stick to loosing weight, I love all the blogs grammar or not. Grammar will not loose the pounds.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    wow ...okay i am guilty of this, I type kinda fast, and I also dont want to go back and fix... I guess im just lazy!! Now i dont want to type at all.

lol i can feel fingures pointing my way for sure.. oh and my grammer yeah? And i suck at this too, i had thought of studying a different language then i thought nah.. better learn English first lol
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I agree, can we please stick to loosing weight, I love all the blogs grammar or not. Grammar will not loose the pounds.

lol i agree thanks! lol
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    :mad: It really annoys me when people act as if spelling, grammar, etc. are the most important thing on this site. People that are using MFP are struggling every day to get a little healthier... not prove how smart they are or are not. WHY on Earth would anyone EVER feel the need to pick on other people???? Maybe the person posting never made it through high school or even grammar school... maybe they are from a different country? Should that keep them from posting for fear of being ridiculed by people like THIS??? :explode:

1. This is in chit-chat, fun, and games.
    2. I have a 4 year college degree.
    3. I spend all day every day grading high school papers. You are assuming I'm even talking about MFP. I haven't targeted anyone. YOU are the one attacking people.
    4. Any way that you communicate whether in speech or by written word is going to show your intelligence. I am not saying people should never make mistakes, but if you are going to try to explain the complexities of macros and different nutrients and the science behind weight loss, I am not going to listen to you if your spelling and grammar sucks. Sorry... Also...by the way, my brother in law is from another country (that does not speak English as a primary language) and he has better English grammar than I do.
  • savlyon
    Options

lol i agree thanks! lol

hello peeps...chit-chat, fun and games. If you don't want to read it, stay out of that forum. *Genius*
  • savlyon
    Options
    love this

what do you love mr.fabulous?

not what, but who...
    me!!! I'm awesome!!!!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    :mad: It really annoys me when people act as if spelling, grammar, etc. are the most important thing on this site. People that are using MFP are struggling every day to get a little healthier... not prove how smart they are or are not. WHY on Earth would anyone EVER feel the need to pick on other people???? Maybe the person posting never made it through high school or even grammar school... maybe they are from a different country? Should that keep them from posting for fear of being ridiculed by people like THIS??? :explode:

1. This is in chit-chat, fun, and games.
    2. I have a 4 year college degree.
    3. I spend all day every day grading high school papers. You are assuming I'm even talking about MFP. I haven't targeted anyone. YOU are the one attacking people.
    4. Any way that you communicate whether in speech or by written word is going to show your intelligence. I am not saying people should never make mistakes, but if you are going to try to explain the complexities of macros and different nutrients and the science behind weight loss, I am not going to listen to you if your spelling and grammar sucks. Sorry... Also...by the way, my brother in law is from another country (that does not speak English as a primary language) and he has better English grammar than I do.

You chose to single me out, why? Because I used emoticons and my post stood out better to you? There are MANY who think that "picking on people" and that is WHAT THIS IS is not right... But I can be your poster child for thinking that this is just plain rude if you wish me to be. :laugh: I'm proud that I am not on the same page as you on this.

Where I come from it is not fun and games to act as though you are superior to others... :blushing:
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    hanged and hung.

Someone hanged himself.

This really gets me!
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    .. & I'm one of those people that's to lazy to fix it. Can't type every thing correctly all the time (:

"too"
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    .. & I'm one of those people that's to lazy to fix it. Can't type every thing correctly all the time (:

"too"
    omg...:laugh: :laugh:
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    as people use this site worldwide I think its understandable :) I am living in USA, but originally from Europe and it happens with me sometimes that I make mistakes while writing in English :)
    Don't it get ur goat win ppl use bad gramar 2?
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    agreed :)
    You might want to keep in mind, that this is an international forum and some people are not native in english (saying that, I have come across americans and brits that don't seem to be native in their own tongue either...) - Just sayin'
  • amoondaTHEmoose
    Options
    I have a friend of FB that spells the word "and" like "&nd" every single time she writes it. It's so annoying....

I also hate when people spell "this" like "dis" and "that" like "dat"
  • loserforlife
    Options
    I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt!

LOL I understood the whole thing you typed!
  • packalpha
    Options
    i hate typos!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't like it, but I accept that not everyone has had the same level of education and lots of people don't have English as their first language. I'd rather everyone felt comfortable to post a question or share their thoughts, even if their spelling and grammar aren't perfect.
  • voliim
    voliim Posts: 13
    Options
    I don't really care about peoples spelling and basic grammar, they not might be the best. but wen dey tlk n tak sht out of letr to shrtn da wrd it jst ps me of u no? it so stpd its irrtatin to 'red it' ya lmfaooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haaaaaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
  • sjostrich
    sjostrich Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Pedantry ftw! I am trying to be less militant in my grammar/spelling appreciation but sometimes you see a particularly flagrant case of apostrophe abuse and you just can't help but bust out the permanent marker and get to correcting those "greengrocer's".