Eggs per week?

Options

Replies

• strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Yaaaaaay! I'm so happy. IS there a limit to how many eggs I should be eating, though?

I rarely eat more than six at a time. Mostly because I need room on my plate for the Bacon.

Haha I love it that was funny- on a side note I usually eat 2 eggs a day and I have no issues
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, eggs with yolk have about 200 mg cholesterol in them and it's recommended to stay under 300 per day if you're healthy. And Mayo Clinic recommends 4 eggs or less a week. (as do other sources)

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/HQ00608

I'm being serious when I ask how all these people are eating so many eggs. Personally I eat only 3-4 per week, and extra egg whites which have no cholesterol. Any evidence that says its okay to eat more than this???
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I ate like, 7 eggs just today. Some for breakfast, some lunch. (Well, 5 whites, 2 whole eggs). I'm a new lover of eggs! If you have pre-existing cholesterol problems, you may want to make sure it's okay with your doctor before you go egg crazy. Other than that, go nuts!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I like mine over medium, with fried potatoes, corn tortillas and a nice grilled steak. I have eggs almost every day. The whole, natural egg. We have an egg ranch in the city next to us that sells them SO fresh-they gathered from the chickens on the morning you buy them. They're yummy!
  • loganamanda01
    loganamanda01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There IS a limit to eggs. I had high cholesterol, ONLY changed my diet to ELIMINATE egg yolks and my cholesterol went down by about 15% and is now normal.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I ate a total of 36 eggs since Sunday night. I only know this because I wanted to make 2 eggs this morning, and we didn't have any. Waaahhhh!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    I eat 10-12 eggs a week - for most of my life.

No issues here medically/physically because of eggs!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Check your blood work the next time you visit the doctor. If there's an issue, make changes.
    Otherwise, do what feels right for you!

This!

I typically eat somewhere between 6-12 eggs per week and that includes eggs that are cooked or baked into other things.
  • novasparkles
    Options
    It's the incredible, edible egg! Perfect food!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, eggs with yolk have about 200 mg cholesterol in them and it's recommended to stay under 300 per day if you're healthy. And Mayo Clinic recommends 4 eggs or less a week. (as do other sources)

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/HQ00608

I'm being serious when I ask how all these people are eating so many eggs. Personally I eat only 3-4 per week, and extra egg whites which have no cholesterol. Any evidence that says its okay to eat more than this???

300mg per day for cholesterol consumption is really low. I think the US is one of the few countries that actually has a recommendation for cholesterol. Dietary cholesterol hasn't been shown to be bad for healthy individuals.

That being said, I go through 2 dozen chicken and 1 dozen duck eggs a week.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I eat nearly 30 eggs a week, occasionally going higher than that. Sometimes I take the yolks out but only because I'm going for higher protein intake. When my macros allow it though, it's whole eggs, baby.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I eat 10-14 large eggs per week and anywhere from 10-20 egg whites.

I'm a huge scrambled eggs for lunch fan :love: :heart:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    upwards of 2 dozen or more a week.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    General medical recommendations are usually based on medical data. Recommendations are set at the point where people generally start to have problems with a food, based on available information. The information available may or may not show that the food was the actual cause of the rise in disease, but more often there is simply a correllation (multiple studies exist showing the trend, but the exact cause is not proved).

On an individual level, your body may or may not react as the data suggests. The best way to know how your body will react is to eat the eggs and have regular medical check-ups.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    upwards of 2 dozen or more a week.

We do too.
  • brenannn
    brenannn Posts: 19
    Options
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but if you're just eating egg whites, what do you do with the yolks?
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I eat at least a dozen a week, never had an LDL over 74.
  • jbaerbock
    jbaerbock Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 eggs every morning [so i guess that's 14 eggs a week?]. I scramble them and have some low sugar jellied toast. If we have hard boiled eggs around I'll sometimes pop one of those when i get home from work as a snack.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is a dumb question, but if you're just eating egg whites, what do you do with the yolks?

My dog loves me when I run out of fat macros.