Most Difficult lifestyle change you've made

Options
Pretty self explanatory.

In your opinion what has been the hardest lifestyle change you've had to make to reach your fitness/weight loss goals?

Cutting out fast food has been the hardest for me. At my peak weight my husband and I ate out 3 or 4 nights a week. I'm proud to say it has been 77 days since I last had fast food.

What change are you most proud of?:happy:

Replies

• prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Good job, I am working on that myself. But the hardest for me is cutting out alcohol
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually successfuly incorporated weight training into my daily routine yet. That's what I'm trying to do right now. I was surprised that I managed to start doing a mile almost every morning, but there's a treadmill in the garage so I suppose that's been really fortunate.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    For me the most difficult change is actually cooking. I got into the habit of eating horrible foods out of boxes, for example, McCain garlic fingers, Kraft Dinner, Pizza, etc....

Now I actually cook and it's really good but taking that time to do it is the hard part.
  • TaraHolloway_
    TaraHolloway_ Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I made the commitment to myself to not eat after 7pm. There have been some rough nights, but overall it has paid off!
  • Carolyn_79
    Options
    For me the most difficult change is actually cooking. I got into the habit of eating horrible foods out of boxes, for example, McCain garlic fingers, Kraft Dinner, Pizza, etc....

Now I actually cook and it's really good but taking that time to do it is the hard part.
  • Carolyn_79
    Options
    Sorry for the double post. Computer issues.
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    It is hard for me and DH to cook at home all week and not eat out because we are tired. Sticking to our weekly meal plan has been tough.
  • rachelnelson76
    rachelnelson76 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    To eliminate as much of the boxed, unnatural food out of my pantry.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of two different things. The first is realizing that I don't have to completely give up the foods I love, I just can't have all of them all the time. The second and probably the most life changing is figuring out that a bad day doesn't need to turn into a bad week, month or year. It's happened. Now if I have a bad day, either on purpose or accident, I move on and do better the next day. I'm way less stressed about food since adopting this philosophy.
  • sophiamour
    Options
    Most difficult challenge for me is planning ahead, in many ways.

I will get so hungry that I eat something which I regret immediately after.

Or, I will not have sufficient groceries to make something healthy and be short on time and order delivery for dinner...which pretty much ruins the days progress.

Oh, and alcohol. I don't drink too much, although I would be all too pleased with a glass of wine with dinner every night. The problem is that I drink a little and then lose all resolution to eat moderately and then comes dessert...
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Cooking at home... We really love to go out to eat! :(
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Soda. I was a huge sodaholic. A six pack at least a day every day. I had a few sips of soda today but I haven't a whole soda since 17 Jun 11 and before that since 5 Feb 11.
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is working out. I do great with the food part 98% of the time, but I should definitely be working out more.
  • OseaHello
    Options
    I agree with fuzzy bunny .. the hardest part for me has been the cooking. So used to boxed food and things like that. I actually have to prepare the food and cook it and then clean up. boooo. But I gotta do what I gotta do :)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I was in a good rhythm there for a while, but then I stopped and I'm just really struggling getting back into it. It double sucks because at this point I don't feel like I need to lose any more *weight,* but I sure have a lot of *fat* to lose, so I really need to work out.
  • fireflyangel22
    fireflyangel22 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Most difficult part is getting to the gym to work out, especially in the winter. In the summer I love going out for walks with my dog, but staring at a wall at the gym is not my idea of a good time....
  • OseaHello
    Options
    oh yeah and working out! Because I hate sweating lol
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Giving up eating chocolate EVERY day ....and eating frozen meals..(pizza, etc)
  • lilyvale68
    lilyvale68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    EXERCISE! Me! Exercising! Unheard of! I've been doing several different Jillian Michaels DVDs now for nearly three months. I haven't taken more than one day off inbetween workouts and I've probably gone up to 10 days in row without a day off. This is near miraculous for me! I'm very happy. :-)
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I've become Vegan so my diet is pretty restrictive. Which means I have to cut out most of my beloved cookies, pastry's etc. But hey, I feel healthier than I did 2 weeks ago so why should I go back? lol