Most Difficult lifestyle change you've made

Options

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Eating portions and not having 2nds and 3rds, but it's paying off!
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't really say anything was too difficult other than cutting back on drinking to help weightloss.

but the most difficult throughout my life so far is no longer doing coke or getting high. it's been three years.
  • willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    The most difficult for me has been the constant snacking I'd become accustomed to.. Little did I know, I probably ate my entire calorie allowance in snacks every day. I've been drinking more water and chewing gum at work to distract myself.
  • NadiaAK
    NadiaAK Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Like many others here, the fast food! I would normally not eat breakfast, maybe get a large combo from McDonalds and then not eat all afternoon until dinner. On the plus side, I've been saving tons of money!
  • atucker_mom
    atucker_mom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The most difficult change for me has been giving up Diet Coke. I used to drink almost a 2 liter a day, now I might have 1 every other week. And I don't keep it at home now.
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Getting myself to exercise everyday...and cutting back on the sweets
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't really say anything was too difficult other than cutting back on drinking to help weightloss.

but the most difficult throughout my life so far is no longer doing coke or getting high. it's been three years.

:flowerforyou: Good for you. That's awesome. :smile:
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    My most difficult lifestyle change has been eliminating processed foods. I have eliminated things out of diet, such as soda, just not completely.
  • appleg1rl
    appleg1rl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I miss the fast food, but it is no challenge compared to putting forth effort to exercise. I absolutely dread it every single day. Haha. Even Zumba doesn't make it any better!
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Shoehorning regular trips to the gym for more intense workouts, I was doing fine with the at home 30 minutes but I know I had to find time for the gym. So it means figuring out ahead of time each meal when I get home late from the gym.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I don't drink pop/soda.

Not a big deal at all, but after 2yrs of not drinking it, its like my thing.

Otherwise I'm pretty proud of not drinking alcohol (unless its an occasion, or evening out, etc).

Weekly I get the guys/friends from work watchin sports and stuff, drinking all day long. Some even drink nightly after work.

Calories this body doesn't need.

It's literally 80% of the week they all drink. Like a case each...a 40 of booze etc. wtf guys
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Cutting out eating out.

I tried counting calories for out-to-eat meals, but it was challenging. It saved me a ton of calories and a lot of money by eating at home and packing my meals. It's become a habit now, one I really enjoy.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I used to eat "unlimited" fruit.... it was nothing to sit down and eat a half dozen oranges, or four apples, or a huge handful of dried prunes... and then eat a "normal" amount of other foods...

I'm tracking the fruit too, now... wow, some fruit is nearly "free" (apples), but some others have a weightier calorie load (prunes/raisins).
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I'd say not eating fast food every week and not eating high sodium foods! I just love salty and spicy foods.
  • yomommaz
    yomommaz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    AL.CO.HOL.

Sweet, delicious beer, how I miss thee.
  • xMedullaOblongatax
    Options
    Most difficult lifestyle changes all rolled into one humongous effort towards a nearing goal:

1) Reducing my calorie intake to less that 1400 a day (I was previously DOUBLE that)
    2) Hitting the gym on a regular basis
    3) Cutting crap out of my life like fried fast food, soda, candy, chocolate, and cheese snacks. Oh god, I am a cheese fiend, and it was hell going day to day without snacking on cheese, but I got over that in a month!

I lost a little over 15 lbs. so far and I have about 65 more to go. I'm a fifth of the way there and getting stronger everyday! :D
  • appleg1rl
    appleg1rl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Like many others here, the fast food! I would normally not eat breakfast, maybe get a large combo from McDonalds and then not eat all afternoon until dinner. On the plus side, I've been saving tons of money!

I was just like you! And I have to agree with you on the money thing. I'm saving AT LEAST $20-$40 a week. It's sad to say I was spending that much.
  • Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Anything that is sweet... I still randomly consume a lot of it.. I can't help myself. I have a great day, eating healthy and everything. Then I eat so much chocolate and what not. I just lose control :/
    So this is something that I need to change.
  • therupy
    Options
    I've just recently changed my bedtime and wakeup time while doing Chris Powell's Reshape the Nation (RTN) I was having some problems with burping at night and air bubbles getting stuck in my chest. I thought if I lost weight that these would resolve. Just a few days into RTN, the problems eased significantly and I think it is because of his emphasis in drinking a gallon or more of water a day. It was REALLY hard to start because I must have been chronically dehydrated and not had a CLUE! I've never drank this much water before and I feel much much better. I had some serious problems getting used to it, for one thing I peed once when I was out and had to stop by a clothing store and buy some jeans. Then I realized I needed to get really in tuned with when I drank and how close a toilet was going to be. Then I realized that if I was going to get in all my water, that I had to wake up early and start drinking right away. Then I figured out that in order to change my sleep-in habits, that I had to get out of bed, start drinking, then slam down a protein shake to get my body used to getting nourishment in the morning so it would wake up to get it, otherwise my body was going to continue to keep sleeping in because the eating was usually done in the evening. Then I kept hearing the RTN trainer, Chris Powell, saying that eating at night is a recipe for sumo-type gaining, he calls it sumo eating or sumo dieting because sumo wrestlers eat one big meal in the evening. Anyway, I only began RTN on the first of Jan and have already lost about 8 pounds and feel better about both my weight and my new lifestyle changes. I highly recommend trying it out for three months. I had almost bought PINK from Dr. Phil and am really really glad to have done the RTN instead because its the menus and food advice I'm after. I choose my own exercises each day, and use his pep talks to inspire me. I also use his menus as suggestions instead of as rigid set laws. And when I use myfitnesspal food and exercise journals in addition to RTN, then its a really winning combo of resources that are really helpful to my nutrition choices. I feel free and I'm learning a lot. I also googled "carb cycling" to learn more about why this works for obese people and found some good Youtube explanations that I've put into action. I've learned my BMI and customized the ratio of my carbs and proteins on myfitnesspal to correspond to rroughly correspond to the carb cycling numbers with more protein - scooby's web site helped me figure out my numbers. Best wishes to everybody seeking to find balance in their lifestyles!
  • skedzie
    skedzie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Cutting processed foods... I'm trying to have only whole foods and it is a challenge. A lot more planning and recipe hunting! But I have found that if I do the shopping and have everything on hand then the actual cooking is quick and I'm enjoying playing around with different veggies.