Matchmaker Thread for Single People?

Options
nnylee
nnylee Posts: 814 Member
I see a lot of single people on mfp and I'm wondering if it'd be cool for people to post their interests and have people message each other if they're interested and get to know each other?

I know this isn't okcupid or eharmony or anything, but there are so many amazing people here, maybe? I don't know if this is allowed or if people would be interested in it, but it could be cool.

Though, be careful before you give any real info, there could be crazy people on the interwebs!

Replies

• lifeismoto
    Options
    bump just to see what happens here lol!
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I was thinking something like that would be nice for people on here..
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, kind hesitant to throw too much out there; but I'll just say if you're anywhere in norhtern/central Utah/southern Idaho I'm open to expanding my horizons and getting to know people that have similar goals to get healthy, stay motivated, and if anything magical happens, that's just a bonus.
  • nnylee
    Options
    I guess interested people can put stuff like...

First Name/Nickname:
    General Location:
    Age and Gender:
    Age range they're looking for:
    Gender they're looking for:
    Interests:
    Pet peeves:
    Anything else!:
  • skarr28
    skarr28 Posts: 98
    Options
    OK, I guess I'll be one of the first few ppl to start!

I'm Skarr, I like to travel, LOVE to go dancing. My favourite things are art (painting & sketch), learning about different cultures (first-hand), playing outdoors :laugh: , and spicey food (I'm learnign to cook with spices). Hmmm, what else to say without revealing too much? :tongue: I'm more of a cat person :laugh: And I like hanging out with jokesters who know how to laugh at themselves! Yay me! :bigsmile:

P.S. Even though I have yet to post a pic of my face, believe me, I'm hot! :tongue: :laugh:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, kind hesitant to throw too much out there; but I'll just say if you're anywhere in norhtern/central Utah/southern Idaho I'm open to expanding my horizons and getting to know people that have similar goals to get healthy, stay motivated, and if anything magical happens, that's just a bonus.

I live in southwest Idaho...didn't know you were close!
  • WescottATX
    Options
    I'm Wescott in Austin, Texas and I'm always interested in exploring all the beauty that Austin and the surrounding Hill Country has to offer in terms of hiking and recreation. I write about sports all the time, so I don't think there's anything sexier than Texas women who know their football!
  • Kelleinna
    Kelleinna Posts: 160
    Options
    Well, if there are any single guys somewhere in the northwestern section of Oregon between the ages of 29 and about 36....

I like: Rock music, reading, writing, singing, teaching English (ESL), learning foreign languages, hiking, frisbee golf, watching rugby sevens

I dislike: smoking, drugs, whiners.

Oh, and my eyes are pretty freaking awesome. :)
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I saw the suggestion for this on another thread, looks fun anyway. :)

First Name/Nickname: Sorry, not putting that online. :)
    General Location: Colorado!
    Age and Gender: F 25
    Age range they're looking for: I guess 20 to 33?
    Gender they're looking for: M
    Interests: I love traveling, classic rock, Scotland and everything Scottish, I also enjoy languages (speak Polish, Russian, French and a bit of German), my favorite tv shows are Andromeda, South Park, and Maverick. Playing pool and trivia are two habits I seem to have picked up while I was in Scotland.
    Pet peeves: Picky eating.
    Anything else!:
  • nnylee
    Options
    Bump, because I created this in the middle of the night when there weren't that many people online! :O
  • WescottATX
    Options
    Bump it again!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    First Name/Nickname: Allan
    General Location: Southeast USA
    Age and Gender: 45 male
    Age range they're looking for: 28 - 52
    Gender they're looking for: female
    Interests: Travel, wine, food, football (especially college), beach
    Pet peeves: People not doing what they say they'll do and people not saying what they feel (I don't read minds).
    Anything else!: I travel a lot for work, mostly international destinations. I've also lived in 13 different States. I'm comfortable in just about any situation.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Why not?!

First Name/Nickname: Babs
    General Location: WNY
    Age and Gender: 45 Female
    Age range they're looking for: 40-50ish
    Gender they're looking for: Male
    Interests: Hockey, Football, Dogs, Camping, Wine Tours, Beach, TRAVEL!, walking, biking, hiking, swimming
    Pet peeves: Drugs, Know-it-alls, lazy (one in a while is OK...all the time is NOT OK), bad teeth (sorry, but it's true)
    Anything else!: I've been told my eyes are "intoxicating" :)
  • nnylee
    Options
    Aw, no one else interested? We need a lot of single people to make this work!
  • MomsTooBig
    MomsTooBig Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely interested, but will have to post more info later. Maybe this would be easier to do if a group was created? The thread wouldn't get lost as easily? Just an idea :wink:

I think a singles thread/group is a great idea (but like the O.P suggested....be smart and safe about what kind of personal info you disclose!)

Thanks for posting!
    Tracy
  • thejen75
    Options
    a nice idea, for sure :-) I'm 36, live in Southeast Michigan.. - love to be and stay active, however I work 2nd shift, and live alone, so it's been a bit of a challenge for me to meet people, even though I'm a social butterfly :-)
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Figured I'd come back to this post.. maybe get more people to look.
    I'll fill the little form out too..
    Because this is a fun idea.. & people need to post here.

First Name/Nickname: Alyssa/Lyssa
    General Location: Ohio
    Age and Gender: 19 / Female
    Age range they're looking for: 19-24
    Gender they're looking for: Male
    Interests: Art..Music.. Fun...I don't actually know.
    Pet peeves: Really it depends on my mood.. Mostly people that think they know everything & assume things.
    Anything else!: I'm a total country girl. I love watching football. Fast cars are awesome.. So is camping lol. 9:
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I've hardly seen anyone at all in the Los Angeles area but anyway...I am single, soon to be 35--Aquarius yay! Massage therapist, love animals, dry sense of humor and easy to get along with. :)
  • erintheinspiration
    erintheinspiration Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    never mind... ha!
  • Deathscall
    Options
    I'll give it a go!

First Name/Nickname: Shannon
    General Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
    Age and Gender: 24 year old female
    Age range they're looking for: 21+
    Gender they're looking for: Male or Female
    Interests: Sociology, Thanatology (Death & Dying), motorcycles, baking, pole dancing/fitness, reading, & Halloween!
    Pet peeves: Loud eating/smacking/chewing
    Anything else!: I'm a PhD student and graduate teaching assistant, I'm obsessed with studying death, and I work at a funeral home. I promise I'm not a total creep... just realized how insane I sound when describing myself... maybe this is why I've never tried online dating! lol ;)