Couch to 5k

Options

Replies

• Such an inspiration. Well done. I've just finished an hour ago week 2 run 2. I'm also doing it on the treadmill. You've given me hope.
  • pixxie11
    pixxie11 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • pixxie11
    Options
    That is great work! I have been wanting to do it but am afraid. My treadmill does not make changing the speeds easy. But I might have to download the app and strap on my sneakers and go outside.

me too - I am going to start tonight but outdoors. Tried the Treadmill and spent most of the time fiddling with buttons that it put me off so will try outside:-)
  • pixxie11
    Options
    Hurrah! Absolutely inspirational - I am so going to try it and will do tonight ..and it's thanks to you. I loved your post!:smile:
  • CuppycakeKaren
    CuppycakeKaren Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So inspiring....I want to try too!!
  • alianf
    alianf Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have nothing but praise for the C25K program. I remember the feeling too where I first realized that maybe I can do this! And it's so fun when it starts to get "easy".
  • looking4lisa
    looking4lisa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bravo!!! So inspirational and SOOOO happy for you!:bigsmile:
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration!! I got into week 3 of the C25K, but life got in the way and I stopped. I just started again and I feel so much more motivated this time around. Thank you for sharing your story. I look forward to the same thrill you experienced.

Keep up the good work!!
  • follownocrowd
    follownocrowd Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! You are an inspiration!!
  • Stacy121
    Stacy121 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Tonight I will be on Week 4, Day 2. I never thought I would be able to run for 5 minutes at a time, but I am now! This is the first time in my life I've been running and I'm 40 now! Thanks for your inspiration on running for 20 continuous minutes. If you and others can do it I know I can too.
  • nchem88
    Options
    I do NOT like to run!!! lol But I started cycling because having someone help pace you is good. If I just ran on the tredmill or something myself I wouldn't push myself as hard.
  • Shani262
    Shani262 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! If your on a treadmill, you can start it over at a higher incline or try Bridge to 10K next. Im on my third round at 3% incline, im starting the 10k in feb/march.
  • maripera
    Options
    Tonight I will be on Week 4, Day 2. I never thought I would be able to run for 5 minutes at a time, but I am now! This is the first time in my life I've been running and I'm 40 now! Thanks for your inspiration on running for 20 continuous minutes. If you and others can do it I know I can too.

I just completed W4D2!! I have never been a runner but I always wanted to try it. I surprise myself when I can run for 5-8 minutes at a time. C25K is wonderful!
  • jillbernhardt
    jillbernhardt Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great Job! It is so nice to hear others can do it no matter what size they are. Inspires me to start my week 4 tonight!
  • bck80
    bck80 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    awesome job!! and thanks for the post you just gave the push to continue i've started couch to 5K program last week i am on week 2 day 2 and as i was looking at the schedule i was thinking no way am going past week 5 but now i am thinking i have to! i want to be able to say i finished something for once. way to go!!! great motivation.
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I've heard of C25K and it sounds awesome. I will be incorporating this into my workout routine for my non-gym days. It will help me train for the Warrior Dash (in New York), which is a race/obstacle course that I am participating in to help me reach my fitness goal.

I signed up for 2 Warrior Dashes this year. God help me:) Signing up for races and such help keep me motivated. Huge Congrats to you for a fantastic run. You'll be competing in 5k's in no time:)
  • asprince
    Options
    That is so AWESOME!!!!! I started C25K this past Sunday, and your story really inspires me to keep with it! Congrats on your milestone!!!
  • Nikkoyo
    Options
    congratz i love seeing progress like this... keeps me in good sprits!
  • kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    W3D1 today! I'm always in shock at the end of each week that I am able to do it. What an amazing accomplishment you had! I can't wait to post the same thing. Today I'm being daunted with my first 3 minute run! Yikes! :)
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    absolutely phenomenal... and very inspiring! i'm up to wk3 day2 tomorrow... please tell me at that point you thought you weren't going to be able to do the 20 minute run either! :)

It was around W3 that i sneaked a peek at the rest of c25k schedule and seriously told myself "W5D3 is not going to happen, i will never be able to do 20min" and going in to W5 my running partner was starting W6 so said to my self " I have to try" and even on the actual day i was doubting myself and thought "what the hell ill do what i can if i manage 15min in one block at least I'm moving" The rest as they say is history :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!