How did you gain your weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I just really like to eat. I especially like to eat my emotions.
    I

I have to say this is me I was slightly active I think mainly because of depression problem I never been skinny only when I was a kid
  • Amberac
    Amberac Posts: 14
    Options
    First my weight gain from pregnancy and then I lost it. Last June after being a vegetarian for a year and a half, I started eating meat and gain a quick 30 pounds. My doctors said my body was having a hard time digesting meat, especially beef (I know it's gross). So after months of pills, I am getting back to normal and shedding the 30 pounds and the rest that I was working on.
  • emmafmaurice
    Options
    i quit smoking and looked the other way for a year.
  • valerietoxii
    valerietoxii Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I used pregnancy as an excuse to eat everything. I have always been over weight, but not fat until I had my babies. Annnnd I'm a stress eater. I get stressed out so I used eat to make myself feel better, then I felt like poo for it.
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I never have been thin. Bad eating habits didn't help. I've lost the weight only to gain it back. Last time I lost 40 pounds but slowly gained it back after not having enough time to exercise. My job teaching is stressful and I dealt with it by eating. I tried to loose some this summer but with a daughter getting married and a knee injury resulting in surgery I have gained and gained. So now I'm trying again to do it the right way. It's a constant battle.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I was this weight, then I lost it and kept it off. I gained a little bit at the end of my first year of my Master's program, with "goodbye" dinners and drinks and junk food, etcetera, then a little more being at home for the first and last time in months, but not too bad (call it 10 or 15 pounds total) and I stayed there with no trouble until I was writing my dissertation, 4 months of stress, sitting at a computer, and eating quick, unhealthy and satisfying meals (I switched from lentils to pasta when I found out that undercooked beans can give you food poisoning, which I had been doing about once a week for two months, who knew?!). BAM, here I am 30 pounds heavier.
  • RogerF765
    RogerF765 Posts: 113
    Options
    I suffered a pretty bad back injury and gained 100 lbs as a result. I went from a high of 300 after surgery to a low of 230 and gained 50 lbs back when I went back to school. Now I'm bouncing between 245 and 250 but have never felt better.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    The short answer: eating too much, exercising too little.

The longer answer: I usually eat good meals and bad snacks - too much processed sugary junk (cakes, biscuits, chocolate, lollies), especially when I'm unhappy, lonely, miserable, alone or just don't have the will to stop. I have a history of getting into exercise, getting healthy and then giving up when something happens that stops me.

I know that my most recent weight gain happened after I lost a baby to miscarriage (and with it, my last/only chance to have a child) - although I knew it was irrational, I kept telling myself that I should be getting bigger everyday anyway (ie, pregnant) so it was OK to be getting bigger by eating junk. The only good thing about this completely stupid mindset is that it had an end date - on the expected due date (just over a year ago) I stopped eating so much junk and started getting healthy again.

I took about 8 months to get close to my goal weight and I've managed to stick around there, losing a couple of kgs more since then. Now the challenge is to keep up the good habits and not slide back into the old ones - especially when I hit a roadbump (like right now - I'm injured and can't run and it's looking like I won't be able to run my half marathon in 2 weeks time).