Intentional Small Friends List...

Options
onefitdiva
onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
I was wondering how many people like to keep a small list for various reasons, as I do. Personally I like to keep track and communicate with as many as I can, I used to have a big list and could not keep up and was not supporting or communicating with some of them so I cut back to a manageable group. Or do you like a bunch of friends for your various reasons?
I ask because I saw something just a bit ago that I felt was a poor reason to tell someone to deny a friend request.
On a friends status post recently, they asked if any one was friends with the user requesting friendship.....a response was " I looked at their profile...they have like, 70 friends, obviously something is wrong with them to have next to no friends" While I realize this is someones personal opinion, I felt it to be very judgemental. Some people really just like to have a few friends, and some people like to have a bunch, it's a choice. Also new people have to start somewhere....it's not like you start off with 100 and go from there.

Replies

• _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how many people like to keep a small list for various reasons, as I do. Personally I like to keep track and communicate with as many as I can, I used to have a big list and could not keep up and was not supporting or communicating with some of them so I cut back to a manageable group. Or do you like a bunch of friends for your various reasons?
    I ask because I saw something just a bit ago that I felt was a poor reason to tell someone to deny a friend request.
    On a friends status post recently, they asked if any one was friends with the user requesting friendship.....a response was " I looked at their profile...they have like, 70 friends, obviously something is wrong with them to have next to no friends" While I realize this is someones personal opinion, I felt it to be very judgemental. Some people really just like to have a few friends, and some people like to have a bunch, it's a choice. Also new people have to start somewhere....it's not like you start off with 100 and go from there.
    People are particular for many reasons. Small list, big list. All females. Denied because they are friends with a certain person. Right now I am uncertain how I will manage the number of friends I have...not that there are currently that many.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty lame assumption for that person to make. There must be something wrong with me then too because I have somewhere around 70 friends ;) I LIKE the size of my list. I'd rather get a FR from someone with a smaller number than someone who already has 300+ friends.
  • _binary_jester_
    Options
    For guys, it's always about size
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty lame assumption for that person to make. There must be something wrong with me then too because I have somewhere around 70 friends ;) I LIKE the size of my list. I'd rather get a FR from someone with a smaller number than someone who already has 300+ friends.

Totally agree! I keep my list small so that I can interact with everyone. It's not a highschool popularity contest for me. I don't want to be "collected".
  • onefitdiva
    onefitdiva Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Totally agree! I keep my list small so that I can interact with everyone. It's not a highschool popularity contest for me. I don't want to be "collected".

And there are some "collectors". I am happy being uncollectected. :smile:
  • BC_Babe
    BC_Babe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just joined last week and I only have 5 friends. I'm super self-conscious and I've always been wary of adding people because I'm worried they won't want me on. That's why I don't have many friends. People can judge me all the want :oP
  • _binary_jester_
    Options

And there are some "collectors". I am happy being uncollectected. :smile:
    Request sent!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I like to keep my friends list managable. But if I see someone interesting..I do shoot them a FR. I do, however, have a tough time rejecting FRs and making cuts.
  • BC_Babe
    BC_Babe Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I think it's good to have friends you have similar goals with and stuff in common with too :o)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I tried to keep it to 50, then 75, then 100... Then I said I will only have as many friends as my 5RM squat. But I've gone beyond that as well. I WANT to keep a small friends list, but I can't help myself sometimes. To many awesome people here.
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I go with "Quality" over "Quantity" with my friends list :)
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I keep mine small too (for the same reasons) - I try to interact/support each as much as possible. Fortunately, I know my limits and have been able to do that so far on an individual level instead of mass "Way to go, everyone" posts
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I go with "Quality" over "Quantity" with my friends list :)

one of the reasons i love you. xo
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    My friend list is not too large, but I edit it every couple of weeks. I personally dont mind it being rather large. Not everyone talks everyday so its managable. I also like to go out into into land and make new ones every once in a while. I look for people who have had no responses and friend them.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I keep as many as I can personally keep up with...

But don't ask to see my Q system.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I keep my friends list small. I like it that way. There are some wonderful people on here who I would love to add, but I need to keep my FL small so I can interact with everyone and actually KNOW them.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    WoW, 70 is a small amount of friends? I must be really lame, cause I just reached 70 and I've been here for 3 years... Oh well, I'm more of a Loner anyway. :happy:
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I keep it small. Sometimes I'll add people and they're not active on anything. They get cut soon enough. I have a fairly small list and like to keep it that way. I'm funny on the boards but, with PMs I'm helpful and mostly serious.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I only have awesome people on my list. How big that is is dictated by the level of awesome-sauce.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I keep mine small too (for the same reasons) - I try to interact/support each as much as possible. Fortunately, I know my limits and have been able to do that so far on an individual level instead of mass "Way to go, everyone" posts

which is why you're such an awesome friend. i'm blessed to have you among mine. :-)