Ex problems

Options

Replies

• calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You dont owe her anything anymore. Just be careful and hide your toothbrush and mouthwash if she hates you. Ieave a key if you trust her. I know this is very hard for you and im truely sorry and hate to hear this. Hang in there and keep on going. Wish you well .
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Box oustide the door for sure. A lot of ex's aren't the people you thought they were and they can do some nasty things
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Not rude at all.

I had a friend of mine at my place when my ex came to get his stuff, that way I didn't have to be there but someone i trusted was to watch and make sure he didnt take something/wreck anything ...
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Since she left you i would put all her stuff in a box and leave it out side, That way you don't have to let her into your place and you don't have to deal with seeing her... She's lucky your nice enough to give it back to her i would have thrown it away by now..
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Box on the curb. If she uses the words "remain friends" or "closure" tune her out immediately. The sooner you move on the better. Best of luck.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I'd want to be there...not for some tearful confrontation, but to make sure she didn't take anything that wasn't hers. That or I'd leave her stuff in a box on the porch. No way in hell I'd give the ex a key to my place.

Edit: Post above beat me to it. lol

Or... have a friend be there while she gets her items - but I would be there no matter the pain (I just had friends or family there 'visiting' while it was happening).

^^ This...and make sure it is a hot female!
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Just be careful and hide your toothbrush and mouthwash if she hates you.

This
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I personally would want to be there to make sure she only takes HER things and nothing else. To help keep that to a minimum, collect and box her things for her, so she cannot tromp around your place being a nuisance.

TAKE THIS ADVICE, IT IS YOUR PLACE!!

Russ
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I would leave everything outside and leave for the day. Tell her if she doesn't pick it up by the time you get home, it goes in the trash. That is not to be mean. This doesn't give her the option to come and go as she pleases. I think you are being too nice leaving her the key and letting her decide when she is coming.
    YOU are in charge now.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    you know her better than we do, if she's gonn bring drama then just mail it or have a mutal freind be there. If she gonn abe cool about it an djust get her stuff then I then it you should be there.
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Is it rude if im not there when she comes?

Why do you care? She's your ex. Sorry you had to go through that :flowerforyou:
  • beskimoosh
    beskimoosh Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'd probably stay in and make sure I had someone there with me, have it all ready packed up. Then you've been considerate and not had to spend time with an ex!
  • Mrs_ALM
    Mrs_ALM Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My ex is coming over on Friday to pick up her stuff. Is it rude if im not there when she comes? I ll leave the key for her, so she can come in and out as she pleases. I just dont wanna see her. I guess it still hurt really bad. Its been 3weeks since i got dumped.

No it's not rude as long as you trust that she won't take anything she shouldn't. When I filed for divorce, he wasn't there when I moved out but he knew I would only take what we agreed on.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    is she hot? get some for old times sake
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with placing the box outside and not being around when she comes to pick her stuff up or, if you have a neighbor you trust, leave the box with your neighbor so you don't have to worry about it dissappearing off the porch and tell your ex where it can be picked up at and at what time. Sorry - I know it sounds cynical - but I have seen too many people lose "things" when an ex comes over to pick "their" stuff up. The question usually comes down to what they consider "their's" and what you consider "their's".
  • Busyboymomx3
    Busyboymomx3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt put it outside... Do you guys have a mutual friend you could take it to?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

And this. The advice to forget about her and move on is healthy and the right thing to do. But damn if break up sex isn't mind blowingly hot.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Set the box outside...on a pile of dog poop.

No, I am not passive aggressive at all.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

And this. The advice to forget about her and move on is healthy and the right thing to do. But damn if break up sex isn't mind blowingly hot.
    Revenge sex is better.
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    You mean she still has stuff to pick up? I usually burn anything left behind. :devil:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LOVE IT!!!!