Turbo Jammers 3/16-3/22

Options
Welcome to a new week of your favorite addiction!

Jammers, we talked a little last week about fav music. Apparently we have a lot of LL Cool J lovers out there (you know that's what LL stands for right "ladies love cool James"). And we talked about the ever catchy "all you dance fans let me hear you clap your hands" (this one still works when we want to get Adi to clap for strangers :laugh: ). If you have another fav, please feel free to share it, but we are gonna move to a new question....

What statement from Chalene motivates you the most? Is there something that every time you hear her say it gets you moving? Or better yet do you find her motivating at all?? Please share throughout the week as you do your different workouts.

Let's have another great week!

Replies

• Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a new week of your favorite addiction!

Jammers, we talked a little last week about fav music. Apparently we have a lot of LL Cool J lovers out there (you know that's what LL stands for right "ladies love cool James"). And we talked about the ever catchy "all you dance fans let me hear you clap your hands" (this one still works when we want to get Adi to clap for strangers :laugh: ). If you have another fav, please feel free to share it, but we are gonna move to a new question....

What statement from Chalene motivates you the most? Is there something that every time you hear her say it gets you moving? Or better yet do you find her motivating at all?? Please share throughout the week as you do your different workouts.

Let's have another great week!
  • amanda15
    amanda15 Posts: 43
    Options
    Good morning ladies!! I only TJ'd once this weekend and I didn't make the best of food choices, but that's ok...today is a new day. :) Since I've only done it once, I can't tell you exactly what she says to motivate but I will say that was the first workout where it seemed to FLY by!!! I'm definitely getting a work out in this evening!!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    good_morning_sml.gif

It's another rainy dreary day here in Idaho, but the forecast is looking up for the rest of the week.
    I have no idea what workout I will be doing today, maybe just CP, since I haven't done it in a while. The scale hasn't moved in 2 weeks so I'm thinkin I better do some Shred this week and hope I can get the scale to move otherwise I wont make my goal by the end of April....and I would be happy even if I get within 5 lbs of my goal, but 10 lbs is a little too far off.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.
    Kelly-I'm glad you had fun at the Melting Pot, definately not a child friendly restaurant but I've heard it's a wonderful date night kinda place.
    Megan-Can't wait to hear about your trip to DC
    Sara-you disappeared again, how was the rest of your week.
    Janet-Hope your lazy Sunday was just what you needed to prepare you for your busy work week.
    Deedun-I hope you got a workout in over the weekend, if not definately today.

Welcome to all the newbies. I hope those of you that joined us last week will be here again.

I'll be back after my workout!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Good morning ladies!! I only TJ'd once this weekend and I didn't make the best of food choices, but that's ok...today is a new day. :) Since I've only done it once, I can't tell you exactly what she says to motivate but I will say that was the first workout where it seemed to FLY by!!! I'm definitely getting a work out in this evening!!

Amanda, I'm glad you have joined us again this week. I found those recipes I will email you them here shortly. The workouts do fly by, it's because they don't feel like work. They are just FUN!!
    I'm glad you have a positive attitude about your food choices and starting a new day with a clean slate. Weekends are usually hard on me too, but I quit stressing about them and just go with the flow.
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I'm still in DC...and your not going to believe this...I got food poisoning on Sat and have been sick as a dog since then!!! Today is the first day I've been able to crawl out of the bathroom...done being sick, just really wiped out. At least I don't have to worry about going over on calories this trip! :laugh:

Kelly, glad you had a nice B-day weekend! I love the Melting Pot!
    Lyn, so glad you and your hubby got a chance to talk and have some time together! :heart:
    Janet, congrats on the inches lost!
    Deedun, your new pic looks great, and it's so nice when others notice the change...WTG!! :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to all the new TJers!!! :flowerforyou:

I know I've missed some others from last weeks post, but I'm too weak to go back and look at them :laugh: I'll post some thoughts on my favorite music later...gonna go lie down now.

Have a great day everyone!
    :heart:
  • amanda15
    Options
    Oh Megan. That does not sound fun at all. Hope you feel better soon!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    amanda - Weekends are hard for most of us with our food choices. It'll get better! I'm proud of you for still getting TJ in, even if it was "just" once! Once is a lot in the world of TJ!

megan - You have GOT to be kidding me! You poor woman! *hugs* I hope you feel better today! :frown:

lyn - I read your "saga" about your discussion with your hubby. I'm so glad that you realized that he isn't a fool like the rest of the men in your past. Marriage is tough stuff, but if you're with the right guy, it makes it all worth while. *hugs* You're right. I did poof. Once Thursday gets here, it is like my world caves in & I can't find time to be online! PLUS, I've been trying to work my way through my "new" work outs...it hasn't been going that great. :tongue:

Deedun - I PM'd you (as you know) and I *should* be hearing back from her today! Sorry for the delay!

Hello, Janet, Michele, Kelly & everyone else!

I did spinning for the first time today & it was okay. Didn't love it, didn't hate it, burned about 450 cals in 40 minutes or so. :ohwell: About the same for me with CP. The instructor was great, I'm just now sure how much my booty likes a bike seat. :laugh: So, probably not any TJ for me today unless hubby wants to PK&J or 20 min. when the kids go down.

I did Yoga Booty Ballet yesterday after I did CP. Let's see....CP = 410 cals. YBB (30 min) = 105 cals. Riiiight. It was the Cardio Cabaret Bulesque. At least it gave my hubby a good laugh. :laugh: I am SO not the bulesque kinda girl! It was kind of "fun" but if I'm working out, I wanna sweat! The instructors aren't nearly as "fake" as they are in the infomercial, but I'm pretty sure they smoke it up before they teach the class...at least the blonde one! Man, she's funny! Not comical funny, but still funny.
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all!

Sara...thanks for the laugh about the instructor smoking it up prior to the workout! Glad the spin class went okay. How did the kids do?

Megan...that stinks!!:angry: I hope you feel better soon!

Lyn...Glad to hear you and hubby talked! Enjoy your workout(s) today!

Amanda...welcome back!

Hello to all!!!!

No workout for me today...all 3 kiddos and myself are sick. I have zero energy and this cold/sinus infection is kicking my butt:grumble: :angry:

Have a great day everyone!!!!
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    hey everyone! Only have few seconds to come on.. Nope no workout for me today :noway: God I am terrible lately but since it's Paddy's Day tomorrow and no work, I will punish myself and do 2 workouts!!

I will have more time to go through the posts in the morning!!

Hope you all had a good weekend, and btw i'm glad you got everything off your chest Lynn with your hubby, I hope everyhting will fall into place for you :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    You guys are so great. Thank you for the sincere thoughts regarding my hubs and I. Sadly I realized that I was taking a lot of things for granted and I promised myself I wouldn't do that, oh how easily we slip into bad habits. But Sunday was a great day for us. We just hung out and snuggled and we were more connected not only physically but emotionally than we had been in weeks.

Megan I'm so sorry you got sick on your trip. I hope you are feeling better soon.
    Kelly I'm sorry you and the kiddos arent feeling well today. I hope you all overcome it quickly.
    Sara You crack me up. Its good to know that I didn't waste my money on that workout when I was up in the middle of the night and having a moment of weakness :laugh: Great job with your spinning class. I've never been to one but I know a lot of people that are addicted. I didn't think spinning bikes had seats, I thought you stood thru most of the workout.....shows you what I know about gym workouts.
    Deedun your not terrible, life just gets in the way sometimes. I truely believe that if I was working right now I would not even be close to my goal. You are doing great, just don't give up on yourself.
    Anyone seen Janet??

Gotta go get the kid from school. laters
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Kelly - Sorry you & the kids are sick! With it being so warm here, I'm anticipating some sinus issues at our house, too. :grumble: Hope it passes soon!

Deedun - My site is ready! Let me know if you have any questions or problems! Thank you!!! I couldn't imagine St. Pat's in Ireland. It must me NUTS!

Lyn - I'm so glad that you & the hubby are on the mend. YBB is probably not the greatest for people that are in love with TJ. I need to do some more of their workouts to see if they're all the same, but the one I did was nutty. Maybe great for someone looking for a lower impact workout, though. :ohwell:
  • deedun
    Options
    Sara I need you to talk me thru what I should be doing as I havnet got a clue!! sorry!!
  • amanda15
    Options
    Just did the 20 minute workout! Wow! Kicked my butt...well it tried, but I suceeded! The kids and I danced through it. LOL! Off to fix dinner :wink:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hey Everybody Here I am,
    Gosh I missed you today!! Students had me so busy couldnt even log in once! The day just flew by!!
    Checking in w/ CP2 this morning and I am so grateful the sun was shining today!! 5 days of rain is enough to make anyone a grump!! Got the sneaks on now and off for 20min and Ab Jam. 20min and sculpt on for tomorrow am (I have to write it down~accountability, right, lol)
    Glad you all are here and ready for another good week! For the question... hmmm let me see. She cracks me up when she says" you're gonna love this work out ~ it's gonna fly by" It puts me in just the right mind set because it really does fly by and on some days it really is "the best 20 min of my day":laugh: I love when she says the calories are "up" there so reach up and pull them down ~ that always makes me try harder too when my energy is lagging. Another one is during the Capoeria in CP 3 when she says "grab him - THROW HIM!!!" I'm usually yelling it and my dog (who watches from the couch) is just looking at me like I'm a nut!! I can think of many things she says that make me laugh and make me try ~ she's so cool!!

Drevans- glad you had a good day yesterday w/ the Hubs. Always feelsgood to reconnect - good for you:heart:
    Megan- Oh, No!!! So sorry you got sick, food poisioning is horriblebut when you're oot too:noway: !! Please rest up and drink water. Feel better soon.
    Sarah - There you are!! Was wondering where you jammed off to!! Good for you trying something different with the spinning and thanks for the tip on yoga booty. Guess I can save those pennies:wink:
    Deedun - enjoy your Paddy's Day!! And BTW you're not terrible ~ we're on a journey, it's supposed to be fun sometimes too:laugh:
    Gottaluv- Poor thing , you and the kiddos sick, not fun at all:cry: hope you feel better really soon!

Big (((HUGS)) to all I missed

Have a great rest of your evening
    Janet
  • wmcnicol
    wmcnicol Posts: 144
    Options
    I did the 20 minute work out twice tonight. I really enjoy it and I've done it enough where I can do it almost by memory. lol Had so much doing it the first time that I wanted to do it again. haha worked my butt off!!!
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    OK, I have been thinking about what Chaleen says that motivates me...I like in the beginning of P,K,&J when she says something about early on in your workout deciding what kind of workout you are going to have..."commit to it and stick to it". Something along those lines.

Still all sick here...last night was one of the longest nights of my life and involved very little sleeping. My 10 month old seems to be getting the worst of it right now:cry: I highly doubt I will be working out today:sad: :angry: :grumble:

Thanks for all of the get better wishes...greatly appreciated! I'll BBL to check in again. Megan, hope you are feeling better!!!!
  • megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Kelly, I'm so sorry your kiddo's are sick! Hope everyone's healthy soon!! Take care of yourself and try to rest when you can.(HUGS) I'm feeling a bit better...was able to eat last night, and I'm gonna try CP3 this morning before heading home. I'll definitely be following Mindy in the low-impact version though!

As far as Chalene comments...not sure which DVD it is...maybe PK&J in the same place Kelly mentioned..."You are capable of so much more than you think you are..."

Have a great day everyone!
    :flowerforyou:
  • deedun
    Options
    Good morning all!

Well after my two weekends of maddness I now have a head cold :noway: I am all bunged up and cant breathe through my nose, my throat is like sandpaper and my nose is leaking !!

This has been coming for a while! For the past month I could feel there but somehow I always managed to fight it off, so I am happy now that it's here so I get on with life!

I was feeling dreadful this morning but now as the day is growing, I am feeling a bit better in myself and I will try to manage getting in a TJ workout.. Might do the TJ20 & TS. I havent worked out in ages so I badly need to get back on track!

I weighed myself this morning just to see how much damage I did over the weekend and I havent put on any which is brilliant!! :happy:

I am so glad I have this cold now and that I have no more parties or mad weekends planed for quite a while so I can get back to my weightloss plan and start loosing more weight!! I have been in the 170's for ages now so I'm dying to get into the 160's !!
  • amanda15
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I am very proud of my day yesterday. I did my workout and didn't go over my calories and I wasn't hungry :) I made a fabulous meal last night of black bean quesadillas. Yummy! Even the boyfriend enjoyed them. :) I think I'll do the 20 minute again tonight. I hope to write in when I'm doing my workouts so I'll be accountable. I am so upset with myself though...I left my lunch at home. :( So, I'll have to go out and grab something. ARgh!
  • snarf1234
    snarf1234 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey Jammers!
    Amanda... I hate when I forget to bring my lunch, I don't want to each a bunch of calories I'm not even aware of when I have to grab something out... what I have been doing is thinking about the places to eat by where I work, and then go on-line and get the nurtrition menu for that restaurant and pick out exactly what I will get so I can accurately record my calories. Hope that helps!
    Did Tae Bo Ultimate last night, 90 minutes with my beach body gloves and 1 pd ankle weights! What's interesting is that my heart monitor only beeped twice telling my my heart rate was too high. When I do TJ, it's constantly going off! According to my heart rate monitor, I burn more calories when doing TJ than the same amount of time doing Tae Bo.... once again reinforces my love for TJ.:heart: