Moms and bathing suits???

Options

Replies

• Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    I am curious about other moms opinions. I am a 37 year old (almost 38) mom of two (ages 7 and 10). I am finally at my goal weight (120lbs, 5'3.5") and now working on toning up.

I would love to wear a bikini this year but not sure if I am too old...thoughts? I have always worn a tankini with a skirt so at the least this year I would love to wear my tankini top with a regular bathing suit bottom (no skirts this year!)

Is their an age where you are just too old to wear a bikini?

Rock it sista!!! You worked hard, who cares what other people think, if you are confortable and you like it then go ahead!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Hell........ If I looked good enough to pull it off and not get arrested, I would wear two band-aids and a cork! You would see more cotton in a bottle of ibuprofen. Don't worry, I dont think I will ever pull THAT kind of body off, but if I did, moms would be slapping husbands and averting the eyes of children everywhere!
    This is the best answer. lol
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    As long as you feel comfortable wearing it, you should go for it!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be 40 in a few weeks and I will be wearing a bikini! I'm no where near 120lbs, but I think I look awesome... a lot awesomer than those wearing a bikini and shouldn't be :)
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Go for it!
  • lunamare
    lunamare Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Haven't read the other pages but just want to pop in and say "Heck No you are not too old!" Rock that bikini if you want to. I'm 38 and as long as the bikini still looks good, I'll be wearing it again when I'm 39. I wore a tankini just after I had DD but now - faghetabout it. I wear what I feel comfortable in and what I like. Just because I'm a "Mom" doesn't mean I have to wear "Mom" clothes ;)
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 and I don't think there's anything wrong with it at all. My wife won't even wear one now but I hope she will once she hits her goal.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    http://blog.instyleswimwear.com/susan-lucci-in-anika-brazil-swimwear/

Susan Lucia from All my children is 62 in this bikini...I don't think she cares what others think

look at ther posture and attitude, get some of that!!!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    never! One of my besties just turned 37. She rocks a a bikini. Picking one that is age appropriate is a must yes (as in not a thong, or nipple tassels) , but anyone over 15 should be able to wear one if they so choose. I don't want my kids wearing them so young; they are meant for women ;
  • mollbena
    mollbena Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    BIKINI!!! If 38 is too old for a bikini than I only have 2 more years to wear mine and that is unacceptable :)!!
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    There is no age limit on wearing a bikini. However, just because it fits, dosen't mean you should wear it. Take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror. If you are comfortable that it looks good and its appropriate for where you are going and who you'll be with, wear it. If not, opt for something that you look good in, and is appropriate for the location and people you are with. There is also a comfort level. Are you comfortable wearing a bikini? I couldn't do it. Regardless of how good I might look. Just not in me to show that much skin!
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    If you've got it, stunt it!!!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    26 (almost 27) year old Mom of 3. I wore a bikini for the first time last year, and will wear one again this year. I don't think there's an age you "shouldn't" ... there is definitely a "size" when you shouldn't...and a "type" that you shouldn't wear lol but that happens at any age. If you feel confident in one, rock it, with kids in tow, you've earned it! :glasses:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    The terms "Mom" and "hot" are not mutually exclusive.

There are so many bikini worthy Mom's on here I can't keep track.
  • hotmama1174
    hotmama1174 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Girl please!!! Rock that body!!! You are mom with two kids who has gotten back your pre-baby body- ROCK IT!!!! Much deserved and I am sure you will look FAB!!!
  • beccas27
    beccas27 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I say if you have the body for it go for it!.. Age isn't anything but a number.. If you look & feel good in it.. that's ALL that matters! :smile:
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    tankini is fine... bikini, well, some people shouldn't wear them, but hell, who cares, do what you like. you've worked hard, if you're at goal, you should be fine. as long as you're happy, screw what anyone else thinks.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    if you feel comfortable in it, then wear it... personally, i haven't worn a bikini since i was 9 and i'm never going to. i don't even care if i have a flat tummy after hitting my goal weight bc i know the only 2 ppl to ever see it will be the 2 that appreciate what that tummy was able to do TWICE. And i'm ok with that... but that's me and i'm going to keep loosing after this baby is born until my thighs are solid, bc hell, everyone is going to be seeing my legs! lol
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I say go for it, as long as you're comfortable and all the important parts are properly covered. :wink:

I'm 42, and last summer I wore a 2-piece to our local pool with my 2-year-old. I don't like 1-piece swimsuits because they look stupid if you wear boy shorts or skirted bottoms with them. I prefer to have my bottom half covered! Besides, they're much easier if you need to use the restroom.

So last summer I wore a bikini top with a cute skirted bottom that I bought in the juniors' section, LOL. Yeah, I have a little bit of a baby belly left, but I was still proud of myself for losing the baby weight. It felt great!
  • Buca412
    Buca412 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Do it!!! :bigsmile: To me, age has nothing to do with it and neither does the fact of having kids. If you can rock a bikini no matter how old you are then by all means let it rock! You may end up inspiring others while you're at it, too. Be that hot, sexy mom! :wink: