Hello 1 year, Good bye 114 pounds w/pix *I hope*

Options
Today is my fitness birthday! One year ago I looked like this...

photo1.jpg

My cousin "tagged" me in this photo on facebook and I almost died, yes I knew I was fat, yes I had seen photos of myself before but this one was like WHOA! I didn't see that when I looked in the mirror, but I realized that other people saw that when they looked at me. The same day I decided to go on a cruise for another cousin's wedding in August 2011. So I knew I had to change everything.

I focused on eating first, and exercised a little. I really couldn't do all that much, I would do this little stair stepper machine I had and walk my dog for a mile. Aroud Easter of 2011 I looked like this....

AprilPhoto.jpg

I began to see the scale moving right away, and that kept me motivated plus I FELT different. I knew that I was NOT the same person anymore. Eventually I began to go to the gym, I had a membership from my university. When I graduated I had lost around 46 pounds. I was SOOO happy

IMG_0984.jpg

I learned that I LOVE fitness classes, I did Zumba, I do jazzercise and fitness boot camp. This was over the summer sometime...

summerprogress.jpg

Now, these are taken one year after the first photo, (in the purple top)

4.jpg

brandi5.jpg

brandi3.jpg

As of today I am .5 away from my second goal, but I would still like to lose about 25-30 pounds this year. I am going on vacation in May so I would REALLY like to aim for 10-12 pounds by then. Thanks for listening and looking, (hopefully) to my story :)

Replies

• jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Superb effort...your an inspiration to us all...
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job. Obviously you know what you're doing- 10-12# by May is totally do-able. Congratulations!
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Great job, Brandi! So glad to have you on my friends list!!
  • StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    you have done amazing. its a day by day journey and you are certainly staying on track
  • alliesun53
    alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    WOW!! great job!!! you look fantastic!
  • nolady2012
    Options
    You have accomplished so much so far! You will achieve whatever you put your mind to do! Congrats!!!!
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Wow! You don't look like the same person! Amazing.
  • CraftyOlBroad
    Options
    I am so glad you wrote your story. I never believed I looked as big as I was in pictures, because I usually just focused on the face in the mirror. Pictures are quite a wake up call, aren't they? My daughter talked me into joining myfitnesspal 3 weeks ago, and I've lost 8 lbs so far. I have so far to go, and I just finished a candy bar. :sad: I feel so ashamed. Now that I've read your story, I want to try harder to stick with the dieting and exercising. Your success story is going to motivate so many people. Thanks for sharing, and I wish you continued success. I am very proud of you.:smile:
  • dieter75
    dieter75 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic.:smile:
  • mschiffon
    Options
    What a goal..you look great!! Congratulations!! :happy:
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your great and superb effort.

@ CraftyOlBroad - don't feel ashamed. As long as it's in moderation, keep up on your exercise, and it's only once in a while you're fine. once a month or even once a week is NOT going to kill you.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep up the good work and congrats!!
  • jnunez21
    Options
    Wow you look amazing. What a transformation. This is inspiring news. Thank you for sharing your photos!
  • extremewinner
    extremewinner Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Good job!! Very inspirational.. it definitely helps having a gym membership on campus. =)
  • Pams_Shadow
    Pams_Shadow Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS! Congrats! :drinker:
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, keep at it.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!!!!!! Great job girl!!!!
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!!! Keep it up :)
  • leavingfat
    leavingfat Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing job. You look great!
  • SunnyB09
    Options
    Fantastic!! You look great!! And, you look so happy! Thanks for the motivation!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!