Oh no, woman changes hair!

Options

Replies

• newmommynewfitme
    Options
    My hubby loves when I change up my hair, heck it makes for bedroom fun too! :blushing:
  • katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I understand that most men prefer long, flowing hair. And mine has been like that most of my life. But it's not for everyone. Consider Halle Berry. Would you agree she looks better with longer hair? I think she's a knockout with shorter hair. Women change their hair style to keep up with trends, styles, and to feel good about themselves. As we age, our bodies and face shapes morph, so we are continually looking for a style that flatters. It's why we're not still getting perms and sporting an 18" wall of bangs and side wings. Embrace it.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    A woman has the right to change her hair , that isn't the issue at all . Most women dress and groom to please their mate or to attract a mate . My wife asks my opinion before she changes , not because she has to or because my love is conditional , but because she wants me to like the finished look . I find it easier to not shave at all and don't mind the look , however my wife doesn't like the completely wild beard look so I trim my beard to please her , not because I have to or because she would love me less , but because she likes it that way . Most men prefer longer hair on their girl , which takes a lot of work ! As long as you love her regardless and she cares what you think then everything is O.K. If your love is conditional or she no longer cares what you think then watch out , more changes are on the way ! ( Just the opinion of a man happily married for 23 years who loves his wife with hair , without hair , or hair styled any way under the sun as long as its me by her side as her number one accessory )
    Sure she can change her hair, but when I am ready to go out to dinner in Zubaz pants and Crocs...I get the stinkeye
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

I change my hair constantly. Next goal is for it to be long enough to look like a mermaid :D haha

This is my current goal.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Just hope it is still long enough to grab when...errr....ummm you know.

(hits like button)
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I get it. I won't yell at you.

My husband is the same way. Long hair. Pulled back.

When I was younger I would have cried foul and thought "You should love me for me, not care what I look like!"

Now I think, hey, we both have preferences and we're our last sexual partners ever....so I throw the guy a bone. ::adjusts ponytail::
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Just remember that there are two things a woman must change...
    Her mind and you.

Accept it and live peacefully knowing we will die first. :drinker:

HAHAHA! Unlike my first wife, this one loves me for who I am and only wants to change my habit of not cleaning the kitchen
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Just remember that there are two things a woman must change...
    Her mind and you.

Accept it and live peacefully knowing we will die first. :drinker:

Carl you are awesome.

It's not just women who do this;

My husband had long long hair when we met, right down his back, lovely long thick black hair, he kept it at various lengths of long for 10 years then last year he "popped out to the shops" & came back with a crew cut. I actually screamed when I saw it, dropped a cup then stood there gobsmacked for about 10 minutes, once the shock wore off though I liked it but would have liked a bit of warning. Men!!!
  • Espressocycle
    Options
    Let me just re-state - my challenge here is convincing her that I like it if I don't!
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    Look her in the eye when you say "yes", keep your answer short and succinct. If you go into too much detail you're likely to trip yourself up. Maybe bring her flowers?

Good luck to you.
  • zasiiniya
    zasiiniya Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I agree with the person who said to ask if she likes it. If she says yes, say "Then I like it too" or something similar.

I've had my hair range from its current length (in picture - so about 2 inches below collarbones) to maybe 2 inches total, and I know that guys like longer hair better. When I cut my hair in a pixie about two years ago, girls I had never spoken with before came up to me and complimented it, but guys didn't like it nearly as much. "Girl pretty" versus "guy pretty" I guess.

When your fiancee gets home, you should post a picture so our curiosity can be sated!
  • Dawna954
    Dawna954 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, Love it!!!
  • kelsue35
    kelsue35 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Because they need a change. It really shouldn't matter what her hair looks like.

i agree! my hubby loves my hair anyway i cut color or style it because its on ME. as long as i am happy with it he likes it. i think it should be that way for all men
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Fine! Nobody likes me anyway so I'll just say it and take the hating.

I don't mind if my girlfriend decides to cut her hair but when it looks like crap I tell her. Sorry, You want the truth, right? You can't expect that I'm going to suck it up and lie. You already know that it looks like crap. I'm going to love her anyway but I'd like to go on a date with a girlfriend that doesn't have a bad haircut. Can you put a hat on? LOL!

And... GO!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    She's cheating on you. Somebody else is going to notice her now. then her haircut won't matter because you won't be seeing it.
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    My hair grows an inch per month, therefore, my hair style changes dramatically... and often. I get bored. I also happen to have a brilliant stylist who always knows what looks good on me. The Betty Page bangs that I wear in my profile photo are from a month ago... and now I have a side-swept bang and chunky layers, with an inverted bob. Short, cute, and fun. Give me two months, and it'll change. Give me four, and it'll be shoulder length again. *shrugs*

We do our hair for ourselves... your opinion isn't relevant, especially on something so shallow as a haircut. My hubby keeps asking me to go to my natural haircolour (I'm naturally a straw blonde, but don't like it), and I did, once for him, and felt frumpy... so I maintain what works for ME.
  • Nattiejean57
    Nattiejean57 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Let me just re-state - my challenge here is convincing her that I like it if I don't!

Just say hunny your beautiful and look into her eyes and mean because she is beautiful no matter what her hair looks like

that being said i am a hair dresser so my husband has quit commenting on my hair a long time ago
  • Espressocycle
    Options
    So after all my worrying she was totally exagerating; it was a fantastic cut and she looked hot as hell. I'll file away my lies for another day!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    ^haha good.
    in the future, when she has long hair,comment on how you like it so much! I used to have shoulder length hair and now that it's longer, i always get tons of compliments which makes me want to keep it!
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Hot as hell is easy to say and we never get killed for that. Good for you!