do you shower at the gym?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    My gym is more like a get in-get out kind of gym. I almost never shower there. My gym has several locations though, so sometimes when I have plans and can't get home, I will stop at another branch of my gym and shower there. That works very well for me. Just don't forget to bring a towel!!
  • KristineJ86
    Options
    I usually try to get my work out in after work before I go home and then shower there. I wish I could get over showering in public but it grosses me out (for no real scientific reason I am sure).
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I typically go to the gym after work - I workout, then drive home and shower.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    I don't shower at the gym. Aside from not wanting to spend any time in the locker room with all the disgusting old men walking around without a towel, I also have to wait at least 30 minutes to shower after my workouts otherwise I will sweat completely through my clean clothes.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Yes but I refuse to get changed in the communal changing rooms. I always end up getting changed in the toilets and feeling bad about it.

I have a skin disease which means large parts of my bodies are without pigmentation. I can hide it well under clothes but not when changing and a communal room with children inevitably risks some kind of comment.
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I do...5 days a week
  • curlygirly80
    Options
    i go to the gym twice a day and shower both times but i see some ppl mostly women, storm a workout then just get changed and leave. i just could't do it i hate that feeling and to be honest how i smell after a workout i dont get how some ppl can leave minus a shower but get that some people may be nervous or prefer showering at home, especially women

Twice a day?!! Wow ... I'm impressed. Where do you find the time ... and energy?

Talk about having to lotion up! You must have some seriously dry skin!! LOL
  • Blondeweightloss
    Options
    I just want to ask all the ladies out there who have to look respectable straight afterwards what they do. Do you wash your hair and if so how do you blow dry and style? Also how do you do your make up in poor lighting and/or cramped conditions with no seat by the mirror?
    I know you are there to work out not look glam but if you need to look good afterwards it is very difficult. You can't go out with limp stringy hair and a pure white face if you have meetings and work to do.
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I just want to ask all the ladies out there who have to look respectable straight afterwards what they do. Do you wash your hair and if so how do you blow dry and style? Also how do you do your make up in poor lighting and/or cramped conditions with no seat by the mirror?
    I know you are there to work out not look glam but if you need to look good afterwards it is very difficult. You can't go out with limp stringy hair and a pure white face if you have meetings and work to do.

I have very short hair that I can almost towel dry and I don't wear makeup. I do however hate the lingering smell of chlorine if I've swam and tend to use a lot of body moisture spray to mask it somewhat.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Nope... not comfortable with that. Maybe if I ever get to my goal physique! Lol

I just wear my workout clothes (except for shoes) to and from the gym (when I go - I usually workout at home).
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    i never shower at the gym. I wear my workout clothes there and back home so its not like im changing into clean clothes to go anywhere right from the gym. Its just something about gym showers, other peoples hair on the walls or down near the drain lol i dont know, also lugging around everything else i would be sure to forget something.

when i was working (now a sahm) i would go right after work then go home n shower.