cottage cheese?

Options

Replies

• I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I like to toast an english muffin and put the cottage cheese on top. It's kinda weird but it's a quick filling breakfast I made up one day. Now I love it.
  • Cccaroline
    Cccaroline Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese :heart:
    I eat it lots of ways. Ryvita cracker topped with cottage cheese and pickled beetroot.
    Wrapped up in a lettuce leaf.
    Put in the stalk area of celery sticks.
    With a salad.
    With a baked potato.
    straight out of the pot!

I never add anything to it.
  • Eve53
    Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Besides everything that has been listed. I've always liked cottage cheese on my baked potatoes, instead of sour cream. If you add a little butter and salt, it's awesome. Other than that, I'll eat it on chips too. Or, with fruit, yogurt... the stuff that's already been mentioned. I love it on it's own too though.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Like someone else said, it is a blank canvas for sure. I've eaten it in oatmeal, with sweetener, with black pepper, fruit, vanilla extract...the list goes on and on.

I think my personal favorite is the one that comes with pineapple in it. A little more sugar in it, but it makes a delicious dessert.
  • megandme120
    megandme120 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle Mrs. Dash on it and use it as a dip for crackers. :)
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Alot of times i just eat it plain, but most times i add a bit of chives.
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    So many ways.

I love it with frozen blueberries.

It's also great with chopped tomato, and some Jane's Crazy Mixed-Up Salt.

It's *awesome* as a topping for a baked potato, with some salt and pepper....makes those bland suckers palatable.
  • Annettep72
    Options
    I eat it with alittle salt and alot of pepper..Just had some with supper tonight :-)
  • pinkcaz
    pinkcaz Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm a savoury girl when comes to cottage cheese...mix with chives or onion and serve with crackers yumyumyum!!! :-)
  • pinkcaz
    pinkcaz Posts: 14
    Options
    So many ways.

I love it with frozen blueberries.

It's also great with chopped tomato, and some Jane's Crazy Mixed-Up Salt.

It's *awesome* as a topping for a baked potato, with some salt and pepper....makes those bland suckers palatable.

So right..jacket spud topping....fabulous!! x
  • Deedee0075
    Deedee0075 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i always add fresh fruit - diced mango and cottage cheese or sliced strawberries and cottage cheese. i always get the 1% milkfat cottage cheese and absolutely love it. its filling and a good alternative for lunch.
  • cassidygrooms
    Options
    I wish I could eat cottage cheese.... I just find it so... disgusting! Bleh!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I love it alone but you can do a lot with it, put it with lettuce, fruits, whatever. But it's so yummy plain.

There are some great suggestions here, though, gotta try some of these!!
  • jenniakers
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with pepper or with Mrs. Dash seasoning. I also like to top it with banana peppers....
  • TammyLynne71
    TammyLynne71 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I put cottage cheese in with my protein power pancakes
  • housegirl2
    housegirl2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    my fav way to eat cottage cheese is to top it with salsa and some good whole grain tortilla chips. Have to be careful with the chips and count out a serving size. The other way is to sub it in for other cheeses in a recipe. When I am cooking lasagna I sub the ricotta cheese with low fat or non fat cottage cheese, its a less expensive alternative.

I also make these oatmeal egg and cottage cheese "pancakes" with blueberries that are a great way to get the taste of a pancake packed with protein and fiber.
  • april1126
    april1126 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with peaches yum
  • kaybrose730
    kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Pepper and some peaches is the only way to go! Well the only way i go! Lol :)
  • woja9640
    woja9640 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I bought cottage cheese at the grocery store the other day... I've never had it before but I've heard it's healthy and tasty. Is it supposed to be sweet, or savory? I was thinking of dipping carrots in it, but then I saw something about putting raisins and cinnamon in it?

How do you usually eat your cottage cheese? does it need anything added (salt, spices, sugar) or is it customarily enjoyed as is?

More savory than sweet. If it were sweet it's lean moe toward regular yogurt, not the Greek. I tend to sprinkle my cottage cheese with nothing but pepper and eat it with pineapple or grapes if I have any on hand. I also like my cottage cheese low sodium, non fat and low "whey" and high curd.
  • 2dogsnocats
    Options
    Make sure you buy the 1% low fat or fat-free....I love grape tomatoes in mine!! Fresh pineapple chunks are good, too! The good thing about cottage cheese: you can go sweet OR savory!