Morning Coffee suggestions

Options

Replies

• Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I kept drinking really strong stuff (French bold, hickory) with condensed milk. It is horrible for you, calorie, fat, and sugar wise. Somehow, drinking it long enough made me love French bold, hickory black. I don't take any cream or sugar, now.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I kept drinking really strong stuff (French bold, hickory) with condensed milk. It is horrible for you, calorie, fat, and sugar wise. Somehow, drinking it long enough made me love French bold, hickory black. I don't take any cream or sugar, now.

Sounds like Vietnamese coffee almost.

To OP - I drink my coffee with 1/2 cups of nonfat organic milk and 1 teaspoon of sugar. The milk and sugar are 60 calories. I not drink nonfat organic because it tastes like milk and not water down milk like regular nonfat.
  • dinosaurjam
    dinosaurjam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love putting a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses per 1.5 to 2 cups of black coffee. It gives it this really interesting flavor profile and slight sweetness, plus molasses is a good or decent source of manganese, copper, iron, and calcium. Though if you despise molasses, I suppose that's right out, haha.
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    a tablespoon or two of coconut milk (the stuff from the can) is so good. Or I use heavy whipping cream, which makes the coffee taste like a treat.
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I use 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar, down from 2, and I switched from 18% cream to 5% 1/2 fat 1/2 and 1/2 (if that makes sense!). Less than 50 calories in a mug, and still pretty good!
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I make my own hot cocoa mix, using truvia, instead of sugar. I put the cocoa mix in my mug, and pour in the hot coffee instead of hot water. I might add a small splash of creamer, or FF milk. It's really good!!
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    At work, I use 1 restaurant serving of 1/2 and 1/2 and one packet of Splenda - it's 10 calories. They serve Maxwell House at work, so I need the sweetener.

At home I make Starbucks - so I use 1/4 cup of skim milk and less than a tsp of sugar. It's more calories, but I find that I don't need sugar when I use more milk.

Also: You could try chicory coffee, which is really yummy. Also, starbucks has a new light roast called a Blonde - I almost didn't need sugar today. Really light roast, very little bitter aftertaste.
  • medicrenee
    medicrenee Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Kroger brand liquid creamer e.i french vanilla or hazelnut; these are the only flavors have 15 cal per tablespoon
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee! I drink it with 1 packet of splenda and 1 tbs light cream. I also try new keurig k cups often. On a diet, coffee is one thing I'm not skimping on or depriving myself of!
  • matto7347
    matto7347 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I use fat free half and half and splenda. You can put a little cinnamon in the coffee pot if you like flavored.

Same for me. Gotta have my coffee!!
  • cawleen
    cawleen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    What kind of coffee do you make? Try buying some flavored coffee beans using a better brand and try it black or with less stuff added. My boss buys folgers and I can barely choke it down black but all the coffee that I ever buy I drink black because I buy the better stuff..

I just started drinking coffee in November when I gave up smoking. I bought a Keurig because I don't know how to make coffee. It's great. I drink it black. I had Folgers at a meeting for the first time yesterday. It was awful!
  • robincloud09
    Options
    I'm a coffee drinker and look forward to it in the mornings. I use Splenda and FF creamer with it. For an extra special treat I'll put into my coffee half of a packet of sugar free hot cocoa. When you do that you don't have to add the splenda or creamer... it's delicious!!! :happy:
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I'd give up sex before I'd give up my flavored creamer!

...course more sex means more calories burned which would counter the effects of said creamer. Hmmm... appears I need not give up either.

Good luck!
  • tanklissa
    tanklissa Posts: 70
    Options
    I drink my coffee with a splash of milk and NO SUGAR. You'd be surprised by the amount of calories/sugars by doing this (and by splash, I mean 1-2 tsp).
  • ingfit
    ingfit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I look forward to my morning coffee and include it as part of my daily cals. I make mine in a Mr Coffee Espresso maker and steam heat about 1/3 cup of skim milk and add one creamer single for sweetness. Its like a homemade starbucks! YUM!
  • Icedancer94
    Icedancer94 Posts: 108
    Options
    Monin flavoured syrup, there are literally TONS of flavours to choose from!
  • Keladry
    Keladry Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I don't know what creamer is but what's wrong with 30 mls of milk? If you want it sweeter try some vanilla extract or stevia.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat. Used to go down every morning with colleagues to get a cup of coffee. It was as much of a daily routine as going to the gym was.

Then I realised how bad a coffee with milk actually was...

I had to start drinking black coffee. Like you, I find it rather unbearable without some sweetener. That is why I use Stevia. It is a natural plant byproduct so it is not artificial and it contains barely any calories. Try it. You wont be disappointed.

Stevia isn't a byproduct, which is a product "left by" after something else is produced. It's produced intentionally from the stevia plant.
  • FitLink
    Options
    I'm a coffee drinker and look forward to it in the mornings. I use Splenda and FF creamer with it. For an extra special treat I'll put into my coffee half of a packet of sugar free hot cocoa. When you do that you don't have to add the splenda or creamer... it's delicious!!! :happy:

I like black coffee, but for a treat I use a full packet of Nestles fat-free hot cocoa, which is lower in calories even than sugar-free. Just 20 calories for the whole packet.
  • FitLink
    Options
    What kind of coffee do you make? Try buying some flavored coffee beans using a better brand and try it black or with less stuff added. My boss buys folgers and I can barely choke it down black but all the coffee that I ever buy I drink black because I buy the better stuff..

I just started drinking coffee in November when I gave up smoking. I bought a Keurig because I don't know how to make coffee. It's great. I drink it black. I had Folgers at a meeting for the first time yesterday. It was awful!

I loves my Keurig! And I do know how to make coffee, but I still loves my Keurig! Everyone at work goes on about how expensive my K-cups are, but I am worth it! Did I mention I loves my Keurig?