30 Day Shred

Options

Replies

• ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Day 2 level 1 for me. I tried a few months ago and failed miserably...but now I am back and trying harder to stay with it!

Quick question...what weight of hand weights does everyone use?? I am using three pounds, which feels like 10 by the time I am finished!

Just finished day 1! I feel the same about mine and they are 3 as well. I'm curious about that AND how do you log it under exercise?
  • jenny031477
    jenny031477 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 1 day 8 and I'm determined to stick with it through the 30 days!

I use 5lbs for everything except for the dumbbell row and the chest flys. For those 2 moves, I use 8lb weights.
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Im going to start it tonight :) Im really excited to actually peel the wrapper off of it lol
  • supersourbubble
    Options
    great job!! days 1 and 2 are the worst. you can do it!!

level2 day2 here...dont get discouraged!!! keep doing it, and dont be upset if you gain a couple pounds at first. it's water weight helping repair your muscles. It happened to me, but fell off once i wasnt sore.

edited to add: i used 2.5lb water bottles as weights...even today. this afternoon i bought 5 lb weights...so ill see how smart that was tomorrow.
  • supersourbubble
    Options
    Im on level 2 now...It's KILLER. Def harder than level 1

omg, much much much harder. i hate planks thankyouverymuch.
  • katesbeach
    katesbeach Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I just started today too! It was intense but I can't wait until I'm better at it!
  • emcfad2
    Options
    day 1 level 1 for me was yesterday! and after I finished I passed out sleep and woke up around 8 am this morning! It was so draining!! I am in so much pain today in my thighs, it hurts to move and walk down the stairs! But alas I need to push through the pain and go for day 2 as I really want to stick with it! Glad to hear it gets better!
  • arr0528
    arr0528 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My legs are so sore!!!! Haha!!!

You log it as circuit training, general. The calories burned is pretty accurate.

I bought 2 lb walking weights to start with.

Just trying to hit everyone's questions!!! Thanks all for the replies!! Good to know I am not the only one kicking my own *kitten*!!!
  • crausinrn
    Options
    You should try Zumba you can change the intensity to what suits you. go to getwithit.com or org not sure which one and see if anyone offers classes in your area or buy a video off ebay. I find it easier to go to a class you have support there. I have a firend that weighs more than you and she does Zumba with me:) You will Love it!
  • gingerkatt
    Options
    I'm trying it today for the first time. I'm hoping to acquire some new muscles. :)
  • soniaangel35
    soniaangel35 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am going to try it!
  • arr0528
    arr0528 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You should try Zumba you can change the intensity to what suits you. go to getwithit.com or org not sure which one and see if anyone offers classes in your area or buy a video off ebay. I find it easier to go to a class you have support there. I have a firend that weighs more than you and she does Zumba with me:) You will Love it!

I have done Zumba and I do love it! It's a lot of fun!! It's just too far of a drive for me and I like to hit the gym later at night. Thank you!!!
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    Good luck! You'll see results! My first round, I lost nine inches. I'm on my second, and I decided to challenge myself: I'm doing levels 1&2 back to back (for one more day; this is my day 10). Then I'll do level 2 twice a night, and then I'll do level 2&3 back to back. She kicks my butt, but I love it!
  • Happiness29
    Options
    Love the 30 day shred! I used to do it all the time a few yrs ago. I even got up to level 3, then idk, I just go lazy :grumble: ... but I am starting it again today! I have seen so many ppl posting about it lately and have seen pictures of other ppl's progress and remember my own. Awesome work out but if you would excuse me, it's time for me to get "Shredded" LOL! :laugh:
  • bparr
    bparr Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Made it through level 2 last summer, but had to stop cause I was packing my house to move.
    I started over last week. Today, I'm on day 7 of level 1. My goal is to get through all 30 days before Valentines :heart:
  • corduroyveins
    corduroyveins Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am starting the shred today and wanted to know what you enter it in as when you enter "my exercise"....I couldn't find anything in the database!
  • Kim28dav
    Options
    Today will be Day 3 for me and I can really feel it. Keep it up!!!
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    OMG i started today and i swear she is trying to kill me lol but i feel great after , i actually had to sit for a min when i was done she is brutal. lol KEPP ON SHREDDING LADIES
  • BrandyontheRun
    BrandyontheRun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Third attempt at finishing it here! But this time I've motivated and loving it! lol. Anyways, I'm on level one day 8! and I'm proud to say I can do 15 pushups in a row now!!! WooHoo!
  • AndiJ2011
    AndiJ2011 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I think I purchased the 30DS back in November... I did it for 3 days & gave up - I couldn't walk or lift my kids afterwards..
    I continued to practice squats & the lifting on my own....

Started again (Level 1) this week and have done it twice so far.. I feel great & I think I did better & feel better because I have been doing squats & lifting prior to this go round.

I want to do each level for 10 days as well as some cardio every other evening. Wish me luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!