Replies

• saffronblue
    saffronblue Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am SO gonna order this now!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    All these results sound wonderful and I would love to try them, but I am not strong enough at this point to even do 1 push up.

You only get strong enough to do them by doing them!. Start with the modified on your knees. And if you can only do half of one, then do that. Then the next day maybe you can do 1. They are hard. But imagine how good it will feel when you can do 5 or 10!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I would like to do it but I'm really overweight (320pounds) and am worried I'll have a heart attack if i try! Are there any other 'bigger' people that have done it?

Just thought I'd chime in and say that it doesn't matter how heavy you are, you CAN do this! If you are literally concerned about your heart, you should be cleared by a doctor before you do ANY exercise. But with a doctor's okay, you should give it a try. Jillian literally says during one of her 30 DS workouts, "You CAN DO THIS! I have 400 and 500 lb people doing this, SO CAN YOU!" And she's right. It will be hard, some of her moves are high impact, but if you use the beginner moves that she provides and modify whenever it's necessary, it's possible. Just make sure you're fired up and ready to give it all you've got. Best of luck!
  • anthrfosh11
    Options
    I started her beginner DVD last night. i am so sore and only did three circuits. Tonight I will do cicuits 4 - 6 front side,Thursday I go bowling and dont get back until 1100 Friday Circuits 1-3 Back Side , saturday Zumba, Sunday circuits 4-6 back side

Then the following week Ill step it up:
    Monday Front 1-6
    Tuesday Back 1 - 6
    Wednesday Front 1 - 6
    Thursday Bowling
    friday Back 1 - 6
    Saturday Zumba.

This is the plan but life gets in the way
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I would like to do it but I'm really overweight (320pounds) and am worried I'll have a heart attack if i try! Are there any other 'bigger' people that have done it?

My fiance, who weight about 318 when we started 30 DS does it. He is about 310 now after 8 days. He "almost died" the first couple days, but it gets easier after Day 3. I was 275 when I started it. There are modified version of almost each move that you can do.
  • steffy1724
    steffy1724 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I wore my heart rate monitor doing the 30 day shred for level 2 I burned 267 calories, I am 5'6 and 170 lbs.
  • joneswife09
    joneswife09 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I started AND finished Day 1 Level 1 of 30 Day Shred today!!
  • arr0528
    arr0528 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I started AND finished Day 1 Level 1 of 30 Day Shred today!!

FANTASTIC!!!! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!!!
  • lori4013
    lori4013 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What is the 30 Day Shred?
  • jessielorraine
    Options
    I finished my day 4 today :D add me if you'd like. We can do it togaher :D
  • jessielorraine
    Options
    Together* xD
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    IDk if anyone replied to this or not but there are modifications for every move (well, almost every move). and she will say "I have 3 and 400 pound people that can do this, you can do it too". Just listen to your body and do the modified versions. I am not a dr and do not know your health status...maybe you should go to your dr first and see if you are ready for this?? If not, just move. Get moving some how, some way. Walk around the block. One step at a time!!!!
  • 617Princess
    617Princess Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Ripped in 30....i like it more than the 30 day shred. My only complain is that it tends to make my arms bulk up instead of getting lean, so I alternate days with pilates and yoga.
  • Fay64
    Fay64 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did the shred in December and lost many inches especially from my belly and waist! I have muscle definition in my arms like never before, and I lost around around 5 lbs in 40 days! I love how she pushes you hard and motivates you. my body is stronger and firmer than it was 10 years ago! I started round two today. It was my day1, level 1, but I increased the weights because the moves are getting easier and I want to challenge myself!
    Jillian Michaels Rocks! I absolutely love her,
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    Options

I'm 243 and I'm on day 4 of level one and I had tried this a year ago but it didn't last long, but I started again once I started on this site. I know what you mean about being heavier and doing it, and it's hard but worth it. But you are truly worried just do some other exercises and build up to it...but remember that Jillian works on The Biggest Loser and they can do all of it! Good Luck! :D
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i ordered mine a week ago on amazon! Hoping it's in my mailbox today and i can try it tonight :)
  • skyeamethyst
    Options
    I have really been wanting to try this. I might go buy it soon, everyone I know who has been doing it are getting great results. Good luck to you! :)
  • countrygirl812
    Options

I started doing at 333 lbs. I am now on day 5 of level 2. I lost 6.5 inches, 8 lbs, and 2 cup sizes in my bra just on level one. It was very hard at first, but it is easier now.

ETA: I posted the pics on here, and you can SEE the difference.
  • ksmarathon2010
    Options
    Her yoga is also good, hard but good. I switch off every other day with shred and yoga.
  • missle30
    missle30 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Another option, if you can't do pushups on your knees is a "wall push up" You just stand arms length from the wall, put your arms straight out in front of you, palms on the wall, and lean in and then push yourself back out. Once you can do those successfully for the full 30 seconds, you could move on to see how many knee pushups you can do, and build from there. And, since there's two push up intervals, you could try wall ones for the first segment and then knee ones for the second one, once you've gotten that far.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!