Bloody as hell or burnt to a crisp?

How do u cook ur food? More specifically meat, rare? Medium? Well?, a bunch of people i know say "aw bro its got to be medium rare" but for me well done is the only way to go.
If thats corny, than corn me up.

Replies

• nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 811 Member
    The bloodier the better. I don't like it when the flavor is all cooked up!!

Edit: Oh yeah. I'm only talking about steak. I do ground beef, ground other meats, chicken, pork, etc. well done.
  • lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    I only eat my steak medium rare...
    Any other meat has to be cooked.. & by cooked I mean burnt.
    Because I don't trust people cooking my food.. & it's the only way to make sure it's done. Ha.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Medium rare steak. I ate it well done for so long; afraid to see any pink. I never knew what I was missing! I don't think I've eaten a well done steak since 2006. LOL. Anything else, though-- well done!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,648 Member
    I used to be strictly well done, but lately I've been getting medium well. I know that's not much of a difference, but it's a big step for me, lol! My husband gets it medium rare and I can't even watch him eat it, it grosses me out. :sick:

Edit: that is for steak. Obviously all other meat I'd prefer well done!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Well done. You are not alone.
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Medium, anything past that it has no flavor
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Hot dogs on the grill=Burnt
    Hot dogs pan seared=Slightly crisped
    Hamburgers on the grill=Well done (seared, not burnt)
    Hamburgers pan seared=Medium well (crispy outside, barely pink inside)
    Steak on the grill= well done (seared, not burnt)
    Steak any other way=Well done, if it bleeds I won't touch it.
  • jhyan
    jhyan Posts: 59 Member
    Steak, between rare and mid-rare.

Chicken, I like to see a suggestion of pink (not really pink, but done to the point where you have to take a second look to make sure it isn't).

Pork, needs to be pink, but only slightly so, no red.

Salmon and Tuna, should be rare (in fact Tuna should only be seared on the outside edge, no more than 1/4 inch cooked).
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Chicken and pork should be well done.

But I like beef to bleed when I cut into it.
  • nikkilou1978
    nikkilou1978 Posts: 146 Member
    Has to be well done! I like my food dead!
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Pretty close to still moo-ing for steak. The older I get, the rarer Iike it!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    considering I'm an animal lover and hate that we farm/eat animals, I love my meat blooooody!

lamb, duck, steak I could just eat raw tbh.

It looks so much better uncooked :P

though with pork/chicken/ground meat has to be cooked through obviously! But I don't like burned
  • valerietoxii
    valerietoxii Posts: 93 Member
    Steak, medium rare! Everything else has to be well done.
  • Spruillie03
    Spruillie03 Posts: 155 Member
    I like my burgers still mooing, but steak medium - medium rare depending on the cut.
  • lucy1945
    lucy1945 Posts: 153
    steak/ prime rib ...has to be med. rare

hamburger has to be well done.
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    I like my steak bloody, mmm! Hamburger, I prefer on the more burnt side, from a nice bbq!
  • RiverTom
    RiverTom Posts: 216 Member
    Bloody to medium rare. Sometimes it has got to be well done. It depends on my mood at the time, lol.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member
    How do u cook ur food? More specifically meat, rare? Medium? Well?, a bunch of people i know say "aw bro its got to be medium rare" but for me well done is the only way to go.
    If thats corny, than corn me up.

Well done. I do not want to see blood running out of it, no matter how little. I do not find the flavour any the less in well done steak.

Regarding chicken and everything else, that will be well done or I won't touch it. One particular country I have visited many times tends to underdo their chicken, I never order it over there.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    For me...

Beef & Lamb stakes should be pink inside. Chicken & pork need to be cooked through - they should never be eaten raw. Pork as ham can be dry cured and eaten raw although technically the curing process has cooked it.

I love duck to be pink too, but not bloody.

Can't eat anything burnt, so I'm not a fan of BBQs.
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    well done for me!