SOPA/PIPA

Options
2»

Replies

• capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    bump

I've been sending my Reps emails for and letters for the past couple months. And all I get is some "Thank you for sending this e-mail, it is being reviewed by blah blah blah"

If this ever got passed we would definitely know for sure who the government really cares about pleasing.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • Speedtrap
    Speedtrap Posts: 216
    Options
    I have been watching the debate on both sides of this and all I can say is I am proud to be a Canadian. Yikes....
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    sites like google and youtube could become basically useless

MFP, Facebook, or any site that has a spot for public comments is at risk!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I contacted mine today.
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump

I've been sending my Reps emails for and letters for the past couple months. And all I get is some "Thank you for sending this e-mail, it is being reviewed by blah blah blah"

If this ever got passed we would definitely know for sure who the government really cares about pleasing.

Writing is absolutely worthless. If you really want them to get the message, calling is the most effective way of doing that. It's very easy to throw out a letter or delete an email. Calling, however, forces them to pay attention. Yes, you'll likely be speaking to an intern, but they definitely pass the message on if their whole day is spent taking calls on SOPA.
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options

The funny pic thread alone would kill MFP...
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    http://boldprogressives.org/ and sign the petition. Makes the calls, send the emails, sign the petition. Come at them from all directions.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

The funny pic thread alone would kill MFP...

Quite...I signed the petition this morning to try & keep this idiocy from passing.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    bump. Make a difference, and send an email and make a call to your representative and senators!
  • LaComadreja14
    LaComadreja14 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    so ridiculous.
    I don't see how it is even possible for this crap to pass. Who could possibly support it other than hollywood?

Just want to note that not all professional artists are supporting it. Hollywood, yea I can see that but there are great people in the media field who do not support it/agree with it. I think the only people hopping on the bandwagon are the sell outs.

My favorite author, Neil Gaiman, actually wrote an open letter to Washington "from artists and creators". A bunch of people have signed it including directors, producers, actors, authors and musicians. It is quite the neat read and I hope that congress listens up.
    http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2012/01/open-letter-to-washington-from-artists.html
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    so ridiculous.
    I don't see how it is even possible for this crap to pass. Who could possibly support it other than hollywood?

Just want to note that not all professional artists are supporting it. Hollywood, yea I can see that but there are great people in the media field who do not support it/agree with it. I think the only people hopping on the bandwagon are the sell outs.

My favorite author, Neil Gaiman, actually wrote an open letter to Washington "from artists and creators". A bunch of people have signed it including directors, producers, actors, authors and musicians. It is quite the neat read and I hope that congress listens up.
    http://journal.neilgaiman.com/2012/01/open-letter-to-washington-from-artists.html

It's not really anyone who's creating this content, but the CEOs of the production companies that are for it. Nobody with a creative mind wants to stop the spread of information. Just rich old business men that should be euthanized.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    There's no way it would hold up in court anyway. The whole purpose is to intimidate people into submission when they don't have the resources to fight back. It's like creating a whole new group of trolls to join the ones trying to extort money over old patents and the ones trying to do "reputation repair."