How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday. Funny how water can create variations from 3,3 to 4,4 lbs. :D
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    once a week same day,same scale after the bathroom, (naked) before breakfast :blushing:
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I actually record my weight once a week, on Friday mornings, before I eat or drink anything.

However, I weigh myself randomly throughout the week, to see if I need to increase my water intake, work harder at the gym, or really watch my calories.
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a month; always first thing in the morning.
  • rhodenizer
    rhodenizer Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I weigh in first thing in the morning after my first walk of the day and then before bed. I record both and it gives me a good sense of how it fluctuates with what I ate during the day. I find if I don't weigh in like that then I slip up really fast on overeating.
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning but I only record every Monday....I just want to make sure I am going in the right direction. :)
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have to do it everyday. It keeps me in check. I know it's going to fluctuate but if I let too much time pass before checking in, I give myself a little more and more rope until things get out of control. Then the next time I weigh I'm like 6 to 10 lbs heavier!
    Exactly! Seeing the numbers each day is encouraging - whether they are a little up or down from the previous day. It keeps me in check.
  • jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    How often do you weigh yourself while trying to lose weight?

I've been doing it every morning but sometimes it can be discouraging when you don't see results everyday, so maybe it's better to check up once every few days?
    I read the best way to lose weight is to weigh everyday, becuase if you see your weight went up a few pounds or stayed the same your going to work hard to get those pounds back off
  • SouthernBeauty89
    Options
    I weight myself every morning after I get up. It keeps me focused on my goals & I won't over eat or "cheat" on my workout.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings before breakfast :smile:
  • jenkinsjerry
    jenkinsjerry Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Every morning = reduces complexity. All this rhetoric about muscle weighing more than fat, blah, blah, blah is a total smokescreen. Big boned, large frame, or this one -- 'my metabolism has slowed since turning xyz age', even more gobbligook. The key is focus and calorie management. Daily weighing lets you know how you're doing and how a heavy sweat day can give the impression of greater weight loss than you might think. Making excuses, well, there's no shortage of them.
  • ThatCraftyCupcake
    Options
    I weigh myself almost everyday butt naked and first thing in the morning after the bathroom. I dont think it is discouraging; it keeps me in check. I know that if I ate something bad for me or too high in sodium or carbs that the scale may reflect it. I also understand that we naturally fluctuate a few lbs... I simply use it as information to help aid me throughout the day. It makes me aware of what I am doing and helps to make sure that I am not gaining the weight back.
  • nallbaby10
    Options
    I know i shouldn't but i weigh myself 2-3 times a day, It's a bit much I know. I dont let the changes during the day bother me.
  • laurenbwheeler
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. I want to see the numbers change...whether positive or negative. It keeps me focused and makes me appreciate my hard work the day before or in some cases work harder for the day. I'm willing to use whatever motivation I can in order to make the necessary changes!:happy:
  • vzucco
    vzucco Posts: 229
    Options
    Every Friday morning, in my underwear, after going to the bathroom but before I've had even a sip of water.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Technically, it doesn't really matter to check the weight everyday.
    Sometimes you eat less the day before and you gain weight, and sometimes vice versa.The water can be responsible for fluctuations. Once a week is cool :)
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday so I can keep track of how I'm doing with my food choices and so that I can keep them in check... When I weigh it's always first thing in the morning after I use the bathroom (LOL)...

For the most part I don't log my weigh-ins unless the loss has stayed with me consistently for 2-3 days b/c of the fluctuations...
  • Khadines
    Khadines Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    *Walking to the scale now* I try not to weigh more than 3times a week.... Even though I know I'm suppose to weight at the most once a week
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but I don't get discouraged if I see an extra pound. If you do get discouraged, only weigh once per week. I weigh every morning, no clothes, after a restroom break & before I eat/drink anything.
  • skinnyjess15
    Options
    When I first signed up here (November 2011), I was weighing myself several times a day. I have backed off to once a week, every Monday morning. It was really hard to resist the scale at first, but it does get easier with time. You don't even think about it once you've gotten into the habit of only doing it once a week. It's also something to look forward to every week...seeing results is the best motivation!