How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Canei
    Canei Posts: 1
    Options
    Once a week, usually on Monday morning before eating anything.
  • Miztif
    Miztif Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I weight every other saturday. The weight loss looks better when it is a bigger number and I am not concentrating on the numbers on the scale, but rather how I fell and look.
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Official weigh in every Monday morning before eating or drinking anything. I check the scales periodically throughout the week though.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I changed from pounds to kilos (I am American living in Europe) since I am not as emotionally attached to Kilos for some weird reason. It is a psychological of course!! Kilos are 2.2 lbs so you do not go up or down as quickly and it doesn't fluctuate as much which can be both great and frustrating. I have been doing pounds for the first week till I lost 2 lbs and then gained them back. I have been eating perfectly so it was due to water or some other reason. It really depressed me. So, now I am going back to kilos. Only having half the kilos to lose compared to pounds also psychologically feels better and more achievable. Or if you do it the other way, you feel like you lose faster with pounds.
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Everyday in the am after I get up and use restroom. I have tried to wait a few days but it drove me crazy! :) When I see those slight gains from water weight it helps me to stay accountable the next day and not give up!

Today I got to the 140's that I have been waiting for now for a month and a half after a plateau. So I may now only weigh a couple times a week. I am working with a trainer so I at least have to weigh in 1x a week :)
  • lois4468
    lois4468 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Once a week is the best and what is recommended by most diets. Same time, same day of week, and same clothes to be acurate. You can peek now and then but you get the greatest benifit doing the once a week. Height changes during the day also, taller in the morning and you get shorter as the day weighs you down. Can be off by an inch. Good luck!
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of others here I weigh myself every day. There are a lot of days that I do not see a change but as long as I am moving down during the week it keeps me focused on my goals. I also like to see how my body is reacting to different things I am doing. If I work hard at the gym I almost always see a change of 1/2 a pound and thats rewarding. The opposite is also true. Last Friday I went out for a big dinner with wine and put a half a pound on.
    To me weighing myself daily helps me understand my body better.
  • candie33
    candie33 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday...it can be very discouraging
  • cathaynes
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday morning as soon as I get up. I was told to weigh myself first thing in the morning before consuming any food. I try giving myself a small goal to reach each week. So far so good!
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    MFP is set up for weight loss to be weekly. Why would you weigh everyday when you know it is not going to give your weekly weight loss? It is hard for me to wait a week, but then I do and I have the reward of losing my 2lbs.
  • judgejava
    Options
    MFP is set up for weight loss to be weekly. Why would you weigh everyday when you know it is not going to give your weekly weight loss? It is hard for me to wait a week, but then I do and I have the reward of losing my 2lbs.

what ?

it can easily take a daily input and produce a report for a daily input
  • RayRay1500
    RayRay1500 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I did not know that. When I put my info in, it gave me a 2lb a week weight loss. Thanks for the info.
  • judgejava
    Options
    I did not know that. When I put my info in, it gave me a 2lb a week weight loss. Thanks for the info.

well yeah MFP will only allow a max of 2lb a week as it healthy guidelines.

However you can manually adjust your calories and macro ratios to allow more.

And you can input your weight everyday and when you choose reports you can look at last 7 days last 30 days etc, and it will show every weight on the chart.

Cheers
  • JanineHarrison
    JanineHarrison Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Monday mornings to keep me from cheating all weekend, but I've been known to sneak a few peaks durning the week just for my own sanity.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Every morning, first thing in the morning, it generally angers me enough to keep me going.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Call my OCD if you want. But I also don't get upset when my weight fluctuates, I understand that's normal, and as long as the overall trend is declining, I'm happy.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    When I was losing, I weighed every day, and only recorded the weight if I had lost, so I had a nice, straight line, that pointed like an arrow towards my goal weight..
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Right after I go to the bathroom, and before I eat breakfast. That way I can monitor what is going on with sodium, etc. I don't get upset if I gain a bit, because the overall trend is down - or at least it was until I hit this plateau!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I went out and bought a scale on Sunday night. I almost died when I saw the amount... I am now holding myself accountable by using the scale and measuring myself once per week.
  • Sharon91606
    Options
    I weigh in once a week - every Sunday morning.