But, won't I like get bulky if I lift weights????

Replies

• Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Yeah, heavy weights will make you look like She Hulk...

She-Hulk-01.jpg

;)

(Even Marvel knows what's up.)

:laugh: ^^^ Too funny!
    But judging by the women on here who lift heavy, "watching her diet" means making sure she gets over 100g of protein and about 2000 calories a day or more. I'm sure she monitors her intake carefully, but I doubt she's a 1200-or-less girl.

Wait you mean eating 800-1000 calories a day isn't enough?! But, but I won't lose weight?! Protein powders are for men aren't they?! I'm gonna get fatter! :wink:
    Where's the sarcasm font when ya need it

Definitely Agree with ya hun :drinker:
  • Shanna_Inc86
    REGVS.jpg

Another one for ya....this one kinda scared me a little...think I peed...
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    REGVS.jpg

I just puked a little in my mouth and swallowed it......nasty
  • fitnwhole
    fitnwhole Posts: 227
    I think to get that big it would require taking some sort of supplement or hormones.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Lifting weights causes women to get their hair done and wear full make-up to the gym?
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    REGVS.jpg

i look waaay more feminine than the "GIRL" on the right lawl
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    I think to get that big it would require taking some sort of supplement or hormones.

A normal woman can't get that big without estrogen blockers, testosterone enhancers, and/or steroids (mack daddy of testosterone enhancers). One of my old gyms had a lot of the female wrestlers and body builders working out there (back in the late 90s) and they openly talked about what they were using.
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    REGVS.jpg

she probably thinks she looks really good too, that's just bad! not good bad, bad bad
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    It drives me nuts when people come over to my place and see all the weights. They start asking if I am trying to be a body builder.
  • I have been using a combination of cardio and weight training. Cardio is done on an elliptical machine. The results were okay but seemed to plateau for me. That is, I got my fitness to a certain level which was a lot better than where I started but then it leveled off as did any weight loss. It seemed that mostly what I was doing was sweating. Then I enhanced my weight training routine using a TotalGym. While I have never got to a point like the man in the background of this picture, I have noticed an improvement in muscle fitness. My doctor noticed it too during a physical and told me that musculature combined with diet should accelerate my weight loss. After the holidays I got serious about diet and the weight loss has begun.

Will women bulk up with weight training? If you check out the TotalGym website and look at before/after pictures of the women who have succeeded at weight loss using resistance training, I don't think you will be able to find any who are "bulked up." I think they would likely tell you that resistance training led to toned muscle fitness that, when combined with a right diet, accelerated their metabolism and weight loss.

You don't need a TotalGym for this either. A simple set of weights or dumbbells like the woman in the second picture is sufficient. Just use the weights right and enjoy the results. If you are plateaued like I was in your weight loss, weight training might get things moving again. I agree with the one commenter who said the woman in the first picture has taken some serious steroids. My guess is the guy in the background did exactly the same thing.
  • Angel87a
    Angel87a Posts: 113
    The top picture shouldn't be relevant to lifting it should read what happens when women take steroids and hormones
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member
    REGVS.jpg

ugh. there goes breakfast. thanks.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    so true!
  • ccadroz93
    ccadroz93 Posts: 136 Member
    No. Women that look like that are on so many supplements its crazy and they aren't necessarily healthy due to the lack of body fat. You'll be fine. Be prepared to buy smaller clothes.
  • sexyyyyayyyy!!
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    that is VERY true

so many women refuse to lift weights because they think they will get huge. what they dont realize is they will just look GREAT without flabby stuff.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    ugh. there goes breakfast. thanks.

:flowerforyou: you still love me :laugh:
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Do i look that sexy when i workout, lol (2nd pic)!

I don't know about you, but I know I DON'T!
  • Shanna_Inc86
    The top picture shouldn't be relevant to lifting it should read what happens when women take steroids and hormones

Yes, you're probably right, but it was said to me recently by a friend, then saw something on facebook, then saw a post this morning on here and had to have a lil fun

You look amazing btw :flowerforyou:
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Lifting weights causes women to get their hair done and wear full make-up to the gym?

ROFL! Good one.

In all seriousness, I'm not worried about being bulky because besides being highly unlikely, I'd actually be okay with being a little large as long as I wasn't so *jiggly*.