But, won't I like get bulky if I lift weights????

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    They will get gorgeous hair?
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    And can I just say by looking at some of the profile pics, you ladies look amazing!
    Keep up the hard work, it's definitely paid off! :flowerforyou:
  • Shanna_Inc86
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aosMsYWzKzs&sns=em

This is a hysterical mockery of things women say to trainers at the gym
    I was cracking up the entire time watching it....especially comments like "I think I just peed a little" while doing jumping jacks and how many glasses of wine are acceptable :laugh:
  • Seriously when I first saw this post I thought of giving an OP some "homily" sessions about weight lifting for women 101 but well I'm glad that it turned out the other way. In my experience, all I got from heavy weight lifting is a smaller body being able to fit into a size S clothes without losing weight & a sexy toned body. In addition, losing those stubborn unwanted fat on my hips & thighs. Although cardio is also necessary for the heart, lungs & endurance but I consider it more as a supplement workout while strength training as my main workout. I'll make it a point to always lift weights even if I'm old or sick & would only stop doing so when I'm already dead.
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Lol that's awesome
  • I love being strong, love lifting, love pushing my body to test it's capabilities. Muscles are beautiful and healthy, they create a better body composition and let your body burn calories more efficiently and greater duration during the day. Thank you for posting this pic, hopefully it will get more women in the weight room...lifting seriously!
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    REGVS.jpg

Is it strange that i would totally let the Roided out "girl" do me? (very srs) I feel like that would be some hot aggressive lovin'
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member

I was cracking up the entire time watching it....especially comments like "I think I just peed a little" while doing jumping jacks and how many glasses of wine are acceptable :laugh:

so you know we can't watch youtube at work....but....i sometimes pee a little when doing jumping jacks. so stfu!!!
  • addisondisease
    Just go to the bathroom before your do your jacks, or use a tampon.
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    I love being strong, love lifting, love pushing my body to test it's capabilities. Muscles are beautiful and healthy, they create a better body composition and let your body burn calories more efficiently and greater duration during the day. Thank you for posting this pic, hopefully it will get more women in the weight room...lifting seriously!

Same for me. I have awhile to go before I start deadlifting 100+ lbs, but i'm getting there little by little. Mostly weight training and a little cardio does the trick, plus a whole foods diet. I love feeling strong! I can pick up my 6 year old with ease!
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Damn right! Resistance training is defining my gluteus maximus muscles! I'm trying to bulk them up but I guess it doesn't work like that. It's more tightening and defining the muscles than bulking them. On a side note, my body is sore all over.
  • Shanna_Inc86

so you know we can't watch youtube at work....but....i sometimes pee a little when doing jumping jacks. so stfu!!!

I watch it on my phone lol
    and squat thrusts...gets a lil dicey sometimes hahaha
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Don't show this thread to the 30+page thread last night where everyone was saying the fat movie stars were more attractive then the thinner ones. Then started bashing skinny/fit girls.

Or the one million page thread from weeks back where everyone liked the 'fat whale' in the story and said 'skinny mermaids' don't exist.

:glasses:
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Seriously when I first saw this post I thought of giving an OP some "homily" sessions about weight lifting for women 101 but well I'm glad that it turned out the other way. In my experience, all I got from heavy weight lifting is a smaller body being able to fit into a size S clothes without losing weight & a sexy toned body. In addition, losing those stubborn unwanted fat on my hips & thighs. Although cardio is also necessary for the heart, lungs & endurance but I consider it more as a supplement workout while strength training as my main workout. I'll make it a point to always lift weights even if I'm old or sick & would only stop doing so when I'm already dead.

:flowerforyou:
  • BecksgotBack
    BecksgotBack Posts: 385 Member

totally have a snarctastic comment about that....but i'm being nice today. i'll keep it to myself.
  • AndiJ2011
    AndiJ2011 Posts: 82 Member
    I love lifting... I am by no means an expert, but my husband has got in shape by changing his eating patterns, strength (lifting) training & about 1 - 3 cardio sessions a week, so he teaches me form and everything.

I feel $exy when I am lifting. Like yeah I am cute but yeah I can lift this 12 lb dumbbell also!!! lol.. silly i know.

I also find that times goes by much faster when I lift and do circuit training. I go for the minimum cardio. I do 40 minutes about every other day. But I split that 40 into 20 minute sessions...

ETA: I also like lifting because it seems that many women can weight more but be more tone. I was 127 pre-pregnancy. Super skinny for my frame, not flabby at all but I was not toned.

I want to be about 135 - 140 this time around and cut up!
  • sbb4406
    sbb4406 Posts: 65

That's... not how tampons work :P
  • I love when women understand they wont look like Arnold when they lift! When I am asked that question by women, I send the Jamie Easons website ...... www.jamieeason.com · she is the epitome of womens fitness and lifting weights.

Great post Shanna!!! :drinker:
    Just checked the site out and I wanna look like her when i grow up!!! (I'm 38)
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Lifting weights causes women to get their hair done and wear full make-up to the gym?

Apparently I missed the perfect eyeliner application tutorial at the gym.
  • addisondisease

That's... not how tampons work :P

duct tape a balloon down there?