Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

An apple a day,,but which one,,,,,,,

Hi everyone, have a weird questions,,,, i was logging in my breakfast , which included an apple,,, then i typed red apple,, withouth even thinking,,,well,,, now i wanna know,,, do you think all apples are the same??lol i mean, what ones are the most nutritious you think, does the yellow, or green, or der, really matther? or is ts just a little of taste change?? silly questions i know,,lol but it now got me curious,,hehe
also got few of my pals curious as well,,, anyone know??

Replies

• Red apples are the healthiest I think - I have braeburn apples or gala .. both taste exactly the same virtually :)
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    I'm with the above post, I always choose Royal Gala or Braeburn which come circa 50 calories per 100grams

But in theory, shouldn't the less sweet apples be fewer in calories? Such as a Golden Delicious
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    I'm kinda thinking that they would be negligibly different nutrition wise. There might be small differences, but in the grand scheme of things, nothing to write home about. I choose either what tastes better or what's cheaper.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    I'm not big on green apples or the basic red ones, but I usually get Gala, Braeburn, Honeycrisp, or Pink Lady! :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    They're all pretty much the same, just different tastes. My favorites are Fuji. Good to eat plain and fantastic in pie.

I used to use Macs exclusively for pie, but couldn't find any at Christmas, so I used Fuji because it's what I had and they made a fantastic pie!
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    You can not top a honeycrisp apple!
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Fugi & Crispin are my favorites

Love: Honey Crisp, Gala, Golden Delicious

Like: Red Delicious, Braeburn

Granny Smith is the devil of the apple family and needs to be destroyed :-)
  • rml_16

Everyone says that, so I tried them this year and was disappointed. They were good, but not as great as people say. Then I heard Pink Lady is an awesome apple and tried those. Eh.

I still prefer the Fuji.
  • HONEY CRISP!! End of thread. :)
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133

Granny Smith is the devil of the apple family and needs to be destroyed :-)

Agreed!
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Honeycrisp is my absolute favorite!

I also like Pink Ladies and Jonagolds as well.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    I only eat McIntosh apples.
  • Umpire57

Everyone says that, so I tried them this year and was disappointed. They were good, but not as great as people say. Then I heard Pink Lady is an awesome apple and tried those. Eh.

I still prefer the Fuji.

Fugi rules the Apple World! - We are in the same boat!
  • rml_16

I still prefer the Fuji.

Fugi rules the Apple World! - We are in the same boat!

Are you my apple soul mate??? :-)
  • Umpire57
    Everyone always talks about the Honeycrisp but the big Fugi is SOOOO much better. Don't get the tiny ones, get the big ones!

RML_16 and I wouldn't steer you wrong!

Once again: Stay AWAY.... FAR AWAY from Grannie Smith! She is a WITCH!!! :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I'm kinda thinking that they would be negligibly different nutrition wise. There might be small differences, but in the grand scheme of things, nothing to write home about. I choose either what tastes better or what's cheaper.

Yes, I agree with this ^^
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member

AMEN TO THAT! Best apple in the history of the world, period. :)
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Would have to be a Pink Lady!!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Granny Smith is my favorite, y'all are haters. ;)

buuuut in terms of calories, I cant imagine they vary terribly far from one another, except when it comes to their SIZE
  • TeresaC79
    TeresaC79 Posts: 316 Member
    I love apples....pink lady and honey crisp top the list.

Make sure to get organic though. Apples top the list for most pesticides.

http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/eat-safe/dirty-dozen-foods#fbIndex2