Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

An apple a day,,but which one,,,,,,,

2»

Replies

• candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    recently I got some apples from the north ga mountians and they were red delicious, when i had those i counted them as 1 apple. After I ran out i began buying some from walmart, at first i counted them as a whole apple but then started thinking about the size difference. The apples at walmart are smaller than a petit persons fist, the ones from the ng mountians were about 2 of the walmart apples put together, do you think its ok that I count these apples as half an apple??? sorry to intrude on the post but it was about apples so i thought it would be ok :)
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Fuji.
    The only apple I will eat.

Now I want one......
  • MJD89
    MJD89 Posts: 2 Member
    Jazz apples are incredible!! :-)
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Coxs orange pippin.... best apple in the world... and discovery..we grow them on our allotment... but maybe they are so good because I can pick them myself... :wink:

isn't granny smith a cooking apple anyway? not a scoffing one...
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    recently I got some apples from the north ga mountians and they were red delicious, when i had those i counted them as 1 apple. After I ran out i began buying some from walmart, at first i counted them as a whole apple but then started thinking about the size difference. The apples at walmart are smaller than a petit persons fist, the ones from the ng mountians were about 2 of the walmart apples put together, do you think its ok that I count these apples as half an apple??? sorry to intrude on the post but it was about apples so i thought it would be ok :)

No I think the really big ones you had are almost like 2 apples.

Depends on the calories of the entry you used actually. If the really big ones were logged as like 80, then you were underestimating, that's for a smaller one.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Fuji.
    The only apple I will eat.

Now I want one......

Robin had just joined the cool kids club! :-)
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Jazz and Pink Lady are my favorites. I like variety though, and I usually buy only whichever is on sale.
  • Gutter19
    Gutter19 Posts: 141
    From personal observation...
    If you don't think honeycrisp are the best around make sure you try one that is mostly red...the more red the better!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    If you don't think honeycrisp are the best around make sure you try one that is mostly red...the more red the better!

I've eaten a LOT of honeycrisps from different stores, some organic, some not, most very red. None of them were anything all that special (IMO). If you love them, that's great. Eat and enjoy. But I'm not impressed with them and choose to eat the apples I like the most.

Not everyone is going to agree on which apple is best.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Surly green apples must be healthier than red ones... just like brown eggs are better than white :wink:
  • davecreed
    davecreed Posts: 151 Member
    Hi everyone, have a weird questions,,,, i was logging in my breakfast , which included an apple,,, then i typed red apple,, withouth even thinking,,,well,,, now i wanna know,,, do you think all apples are the same??lol i mean, what ones are the most nutritious you think, does the yellow, or green, or der, really matther? or is ts just a little of taste change?? silly questions i know,,lol but it now got me curious,,hehe
    also got few of my pals curious as well,,, anyone know??

they're pretty much the same...size is really the only difference. and taste.
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Pink ladies!

If they are out of those, I reach for honey crisp. I don't care for other flavors.
  • jessicak0614
    jessicak0614 Posts: 42 Member
    Pink Lady are my favorite!
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member

I've eaten a LOT of honeycrisps from different stores, some organic, some not, most very red. None of them were anything all that special (IMO). If you love them, that's great. Eat and enjoy. But I'm not impressed with them and choose to eat the apples I like the most.

Not everyone is going to agree on which apple is best.

↑↑↑↑THIS ↑↑↑↑
  • I love Pink Lady apples, I don't really care for other varieties as much.