That awkward moment when....

Options
I'm walking through the store and I see out of the corner my eye my old coworker, the one who is flaunting use of HCG drops all over facebook. I tried to give her links to info on how bad it can be for you but I was told I was crazy and the stuff from the homeopathic store is real and works for her blah blah blah.....I gave up!!

She hasn't seen me yet as I have seen her, we will cross paths anytime now as I have to get cereal and oatmeal from the isle. There is still time, time to avoid that awkward situation where she wants to make a point and prove how wrong I was and show her 5lb loss in 2 days since starting the new round.

Seconds have passed and anytime she will look my way, but alas I pull out my cell phone, put it right to my ear then pretend that I am in deep conversation with my husband about the grocery list!! We make eye contact I smile and nod then continue with my supposed conversation as I rush to get in and out of the store without an HCG showdown. I grab the cereal and oatmeal and make a bee line to go the opposite way.

I am so grateful for this device called the cellular phone, so grateful I was able to avoid, also grateful that someone didn't try to call or text me during those 2 mins. If that had happened :noway: I’d have felt like an *kitten*!!

I can't be the only one who uses the phone to escape unwanted run-ins or conversations :)

Replies

• AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I have been known to do it a time or two...but you're right when you say THANK GOD A CALL DIDN'T COME THROUGH :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    *edited*
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    ...when the woman doesn't choose the iron in Monopoly.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    as a newly minted lawyer you walk into a pre-trial conference where "Freddie Mac" is listed as the opposing party and you ask... "Will Mr. Mac be joining us today?".

That is great!!!!! I laughed out loud at my office. I was in real estate law for 13 years and I remember wondering who that guy was. Also who is Fannie Mae?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    haha i fake text everyday!!
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    ...when the woman doesn't choose the iron in Monopoly.
    ^^^THIS!
    What do you mean you want the sports car?!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i impropely ask crush girl out and she answers "i don't know"
    all while barely holding a conversation shy+shy don't mix well
  • Bradozzz85
    Options
    You make eye contact with a woman breast feeding, then look down at her boob. I can't undo it, I am going to hell
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You make eye contact with a woman breast feeding, then look down at her boob. I can't undo it, I am going to hell

ahahahahaha that is definitely a hell worthy offence

Ok when you say goodbye to someone, and then you walk down the street and bump into them again on your way home. Even if you know them, so awkward, all conversation has been wrapped up, then do you say bye again when you actually part. I pretend to be on my phone then sometimes haha
  • WehttamThims
    WehttamThims Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Oh come on people, if you don't want to talk then don't. You were born with a spine right?
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ...everyone on the treadmill realizes that yeah, it was you that farted.
  • BigL0s
    BigL0s Posts: 133
    Options
    when a gps tells a gay person to go straight
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    Oh come on people, if you don't want to talk then don't. You were born with a spine right?

Having a spine has nothing to do with being too nice to be an out and out jerk. Not talking to someone that wants to talk to you isn't the nicest thing to do. The nicest thing is to pretend you don't see them or pretend you are busy. "It's not called being two-faced, it's called being an adult" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    When the phrase "oh shi7" becomes literal...
  • WehttamThims
    WehttamThims Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The nicest thing is to pretend you don't see them or pretend you are busy.

That's the nicest thing to do to them? Wow with friends like you, who needs enemies.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    ...everyone on the treadmill realizes that yeah, it was you that farted.

That's when you look around like someone else is guilty. Not that it has ever happened to me. :tongue:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    The nicest thing is to pretend you don't see them or pretend you are busy.

That's the nicest thing to do to them? Wow with friends like you, who needs enemies.
    :laugh: It is always sweet when you need to explain things to those that take things out of context on purpose... *if only there was an eye roll emoticon in my choices*
    I am a great friend. TO MY FRIENDS. But we are not talking about friends, we are talking about people that annoy the crap out of you. Ones that you don't want to be out and out rude to, but that you don't want to waste your time or breath on. Speaking of, I've got a call....gotta go! :wink:
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    ...When you have to tell omeone their breath stinks!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    You try to sit up in bed in the morning, forgetting you've ruined your abs the day before and flopping back down like a dead carp.