I <3 MFP but really, is this nastiness necessary?

Options

Replies

• _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Honestly, of all the internet forums I've frequented, this has got to be the nicest.
    Whether that's the strict moderation, or people are generally nicer here I don't know.
    I agree. Visit 4chan or even reddit for that matter.

Not even that far, just general forums. Hobbies, Cars, other fitness forums etc, they all seem much worse than here.
    I just wonder if some people here get uber sensitive.

I choked on my water while reading this.
    These forums are probably the most hostile forums I have ever frequented. They are worse than gaming forums where teenagers are nerd raging over epics, game mechanics, etc. But now that I think about it a little more, maybe not as bad as babycenter. Babycenter is the motherload of f$cked up forums.
    This is child's play compared to what I read.
  • gabbingfilly
    gabbingfilly Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well said! I agree completely. I just joined last week and already have had someone make a rude/nasty comment towards me on one of the games and I found it comepletely uncalled for, but I just bit my tongue and let them have their moment. It's sad, and like you said, I'm here for support, not for bitterness and drama.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone. Hopefully the zombie apocalypse will come soon so I can start shooting.

I second this.
    <---- This is me training for the zombie apocalypse.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Passive aggresive bullies are just as bad as well
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Well, when a bunch of fat people don't get their cookies and sweets they tend to become nasty. Just personal experience

:tongue:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Honestly, of all the internet forums I've frequented, this has got to be the nicest.
    Whether that's the strict moderation, or people are generally nicer here I don't know.
    I agree. Visit 4chan or even reddit for that matter.

Seriously. Even BabyCenter has more hostility than here.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I never grew up, I just developed the means with which to pay for the stupid s*** I like to do.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    ^ love this. And I agree. Why can't we all just be friends!?!?!?

because even friends aren't real friends. we all stab each other in the back!!!!

i'm kidding. i love my friends and i'd never stab them.

I stab hobos, sometimes.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Posting here for the irony of the subject.

Yep.

Also, I'm sorry but you cannot control what others do, even if you make a thread about it.
    You are absolutely right - I can't control what others do.
    I wouldn't want to even if I could because, in all honesty, sometimes I make bad choices and what if I made the wrong one and everyone had to follow it anyway?

My point was not to call anyone out. My point was simply to make a suggestion that we treat each other a little more tactfully. You can be honest AND funny without being mean. As someone who has a lot of experience being bullied, has worked extremely hard to get healthy physically and emotionally, and feels a very real responsibility to set a good example, I can't really NOT make my own stance known.

What you do with it is up to you but, as Martin Luther King Jr. said, "He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    50495_185244810488_1985533_n.jpg

am I in the right thread?
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    MFP - testing how jaded you are on the internet
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Passive aggresive bullies are just as bad as well

I dont think I am a passive aggressive bully at all.....actually on second thought, DAM RIGHT I AM!!!
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I love all the "POOR ME THERES BULLIES HERE" threads.

srsly, have you EVER been anywhere else on the net? At least no one told you to kill yourself today
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are just hungry? I get mean when I'm hungry...
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I hate everyone. Hopefully the zombie apocalypse will come soon so I can start shooting.

remember: douple tap to the head
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I see it already made it to this thread!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely right - I can't control what others do.
    I wouldn't want to even if I could because, in all honesty, sometimes I make bad choices and what if I made the wrong one and everyone had to follow it anyway?

My point was not to call anyone out. My point was simply to make a suggestion that we treat each other a little more tactfully. You can be honest AND funny without being mean. As someone who has a lot of experience being bullied, has worked extremely hard to get healthy physically and emotionally, and feels a very real responsibility to set a good example, I can't really NOT make my own stance known.

What you do with it is up to you but, as Martin Luther King Jr. said, "He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

You're not standing up against evil. You're telling complete strangers how they should behave. It's a bit of a waste of energy when you could just as easily ignore the things they're saying.
  • capaxinfiniti
    capaxinfiniti Posts: 367 Member
    Options

:drinker:
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    OMGZ INTERNET POLICE ARE HERE! How about we stop trying to control how other people post. We're grown ups here, thus you can take grown up chatter right? Or do you try to get everyone around you in the mall to conform to your model of ideal behaviour? Who says your model ideal forum behaviour is better than mine or anyone elses? Why not just worry about how YOU behave and fack everyone else.

This has to be one of the tamest forums I have ever been on. So, I'd hate to see your reaction to the rest of the interwebs. Scratch that, I would like to see it. In fact, I think the OP is a copy/paste from every forum in existence.