Pinterest - 36 ways to lose weight

Options
124»

Replies

• kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    lol... I actually have a weight watcher food section with several recipes on my Pinintrest account along with an exercise database and several other topics. Feel free to look me up under Samantha Smith-Flanagan......
  • JeffinRaleigh
    Options
    #9 reminds me of the movie Sordid Lives. Anyone who has seen that movie will know exactly what I mean. :laugh:
  • melpaige28
    Options
    i love this! copying and pasting into a word doc and printing and putting it in my room
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have a list for you:
    1. Eat Less
    2. Move More
    3. Lift Heavy

Done

This
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    13. If you start to feel hungry do sit ups.

DAMN...that six pack abs will be here in a hurry!!! LOL
  • cmz311
    cmz311 Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :happy:
  • terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    great list but I think when you're hungry you should eat
    24. It takes 20 minutes for the brain to realize the stomach is full.
    what does this have to do with losing weight?
    I have a list for you:
    1. Eat Less
    2. Move More
    3. Lift Heavy

Done
    +1
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    #13 and #23 scare me...
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    36 Ways to lose weight

#1-36 Eat clean, exercise to keep a calorie deficit.

Done.
  • luv2bfitandhealthy
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    The snapping a rubber band thing is something a lot of people do when they try to quit smoking...it doesn't work for me though, just makes me mad which makes me want to smoke more. haha.
  • anawallace
    Options
    Thank you for this....I like it!
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JeffinRaleigh
    Options
    The snapping a rubber band thing is something a lot of people do when they try to quit smoking...it doesn't work for me though, just makes me mad which makes me want to smoke more. haha.
    Steph: watch the movie Sordid Lives - you'll get a kick out of it then. :laugh:
  • wannabeth1n
    Options
    thanks!
  • supercatie18
    supercatie18 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure eating less and moving more is the way to lose weight.... please don't take cold showers the rest of your life...
  • nickohen
    Options
    Many of this tips are very good, but there are some awful things in this list!

4. Take vitamins daily. Do not take vitamins on an empty stomach, otherwise they have nothing to catalyze with. --> You should ONLY drink vitamins if your doctor recommends them because you LACK a certain vitamin; if you consume them just because your kidneys will filtrate those extra vitamins out of your blood stream and into your urine...this tip is just expensive pee!

5. Eat ice or gum when hungry. This will make your body think it had food without the calories. --> Gum actually makes you hungry; it prepares the stomach for incoming food while the mouth produces saliva. This makes you hungry and the gastric acid could hurt your stomach (it is released to digest the food, but if there's no food it will start hurting the muscle walls of your stomach)

7. Take cold showers because your body will burn calories to heat you back up. --> It's true that cold weather helps burn calories, because the body speeds up your metabolism to produce more heat and keep you from freezing your butt off!! Eskimos have a diet of up to 6000 calories because of this...but more cold = more munchies! When you're cold you eat more. Save yourself the pain and displeasure of this and just go jogging for 20 minutes

9. Wear a rubber band around your wrist. Snap it when you want to eat. --> Really?

13. If you start to feel hungry do sit ups. --> If you're hungry it's for a reason, drink a glass of water or have dinner earlier. Torturing yourself will only make dieting harder

22. Low calorie hot chocolate curbs chocolate cravings, and makes you feel full. --> It's actually better to eat bitter chocolate. It has less sugar, more cocoa (which makes it bitter) and it is healthier than hot chocolate.

23. Take a picture of yourself wearing a bathing suit or something equally important to you; look at it before you want to eat. --> No!! You need to love your body; it should never be a threat or something to be ashamed of to push you to loose weight.

27. Celery actually burns calories. Every hour eat a stalk of it. Not only will it fill you up, but it will also get your metabolism kicking. --> There is NO food that just burns calories. Water has no calories, but there's nothing you can it that could make you lose weight

28. Read the nutritional information. Remember, fat-free does not mean calorie-free. --> Yes, fat and carbs mean calories. But do you know what has the same amount of calories as carbs? Proteins! You don't have to cut out calories; you need to cut out (first of) fat, then a bit of carbs and eat a lot of proteins!

I hope this helps you guys! Not every diet tip is gold. Always remember NEVER to torture yourself: losing a pound isn't worth losing happiness :)
  • mstoya02
    Options
    love this, thank you for posting
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    my life addictions are Pintrest & MFP!

Mee toooo