Foods that repulse you

Options

Replies

• Scott_Parkinson
    Scott_Parkinson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    LOL! Gotta go with Beef Tongue. Had to slice some of that while working in a deli once........:sick:
  • Calorie_Killa
    Options
    Celery
    Raisins
    Shaved Coconut (it's more the texture for me because I don't mind the flavor)
    Any pudding except chocolate
    Raw Oysters
    Bean sprouts
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Any kind of meat, especially pig. Bacon? Not for me. :noway:
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    tomatoes and jello. both make me gag. oh and crème brûlée. yuck.
  • lissamok
    Options
    Sushi .... the rice tastes vinegary to me. Weird.. I know.

Eggplant & Zucchini

That's because they add rice vinegar to make sushi rice.

For me, it's animal innards or brains or things that you would see people eat on tv for money. I also won't eat fried crickets--I know it's a delicacy in Japan, but I can't do it. Pickles and onions sort of gross me out too.
  • setter928
    setter928 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    After eating nothing fried for the past week and a half, fried anything makes me feel so repulsed and attracted at the same time. My brain knows how gross it is, yet my body still craves it.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Any food that comes out of my Mother or my Mother-in-Law's home...

It aint pretty....

Yikes!

Cindy - my mother's cooking is high fat, fried-this/fried-that, loads of the bad types of carbohydrates and I just have way too many food allergies and sensitivities to deal with...

But.,... (rocking forth in the fetal position) - My mother-in-law's cooking has put me in the hospital with RAGING FOOD POISONING...... Not once, not twice but THREE TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She offered to make Thanksgiving dinner and have us come over, and I nearly spat out my coffee saying "No thats not necessary, I already have a 25lb turkey thawing in the fridge for our dinner...."

(....continues to rock back and forth)
  • sunnygal1
    Options
    Tomato
    Spam
    Brussel sprouts
    Liver
    Brownies
    Chocolate cake

You are totally lucky if you are repulsed by brownies and chocolate cake! I wish I had that problem!!! For me, I hate eggs and seafood. I can handle pretty much anything else. :)
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Garlic.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Anything "slimy." I can't handle eggs that aren't cooked all the way through. And I can't handle yogurt. I keep trying. But I barely get the spoon to my lips and the gag reflex hits. Ugh.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I also have this weird thing with dairy, like cream cheese & yoghurt, I know you can keep them for a few days after you've opened them, but I can't, all I can think of when I try to eat already opened cheese or yoghurt is sour lumpy milk. shudder.
  • cassidygrooms
    Options
    Chicken nuggets.... I ate a raw chicken nugget on accident one time and now I get nauseous when I even think of them.... *shudder*
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms-IT'S A FUNGUS PEOPLE!!!!

Couldn't agree more...
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    Onions!!! I cant STAND THEM! Even cooked! If I order a hamburger and I take a bite while driving down the road and have that 'crunch' and gross taste of an onion, it can cause a 50 car pileup. My dad 'forced' me to eat his meat-loaf while onions where they were oozing out of it and flapping in the wind. GROSS!!! I cant tell you just how bad they are!

I would consider Hell being stuck forever in an onion field while starving to death - with the only thing to eat is onions, bloomers, onion rings and anything onion!

I also dont like liver, tofu, raw meat (such as oysters and fish eggs), and anything really squishy in texture.

What's funny is I ABHORE Onions but I LOVE Garlic :smile:
  • Jenny_Bee
    Jenny_Bee Posts: 102
    Options
    I hate olives. They are the fruits of the devil. As are hot peppers.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Anything "slimy." I can't handle eggs that aren't cooked all the way through. And I can't handle yogurt. I keep trying. But I barely get the spoon to my lips and the gag reflex hits. Ugh.

This. I can combat the slimy by adding things to it, like yogurt with granola. I also can't stand the smell/ texture of most meat or stuff drenched in a slimy sauce.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Tofu
    Hot slimy fruit
  • raines_eric
    Options
    Perhaps this topic should have been "Post if you hate mushrooms."

Mushrooms are delicious, people!
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Onions!!! I cant STAND THEM! Even cooked! If I order a hamburger and I take a bite while driving down the road and have that 'crunch' and gross taste of an onion, it can cause a 50 car pileup. My dad 'forced' me to eat his meat-loaf while onions where they were oozing out of it and flapping in the wind. GROSS!!! I cant tell you just how bad they are!

I would consider Hell being stuck forever in an onion field while starving to death - with the only thing to eat is onions, bloomers, onion rings and anything onion!

I also dont like liver, tofu, raw meat (such as oysters and fish eggs), and anything really squishy in texture.

What's funny is I ABHORE Onions but I LOVE Garlic :smile:

Right, I hate both garlic and onions and that is the case for most people!!
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Prawns
    Most seafood
    Most meat
    Brocolli

I'm finding it hard to think of any more - but there must be some more!!