Foods that repulse you

Options

Replies

• nekosimba
    nekosimba Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Olives...any kind, black or green. Make me want to hurl.
  • hottamolly00
    hottamolly00 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Pressed "meats". I've eaten them for the longest time, and now that I know what they're made of... NO THANKS!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit. Maybe not repulse, but I think it's the single food out there that I will never like. Every couple of years I try them again, thinking they can't be that bad, but they're so, so strong, and I don't like the taste. I tried a pummelo once, though, and that was pretty good, much, much milder.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hmm, there are foods I don't like, but I can't really think of any that actually repulse me except rotten food.
  • wildhehr2
    wildhehr2 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Onions!!! I cant STAND THEM! Even cooked! If I order a hamburger and I take a bite while driving down the road and have that 'crunch' and gross taste of an onion, it can cause a 50 car pileup. My dad 'forced' me to eat his meat-loaf while onions where they were oozing out of it and flapping in the wind. GROSS!!! I cant tell you just how bad they are!

I would consider Hell being stuck forever in an onion field while starving to death - with the only thing to eat is onions, bloomers, onion rings and anything onion!

I also dont like liver, tofu, raw meat (such as oysters and fish eggs), and anything really squishy in texture.

What's funny is I ABHORE Onions but I LOVE Garlic :smile:

Right, I hate both garlic and onions and that is the case for most people!!

I feel the same way about onions. My mom always said she "chopped them into super small pieces." it looked as though she only cut the Nasty thing in half. I can't even tolerate onion powder or the smell of onions.
  • twillmot
    Options
    Chocolate! Ugh, i can't stand the stuff! Coconut, Mushrooms, Liver, Cauliflower, brussel sprouts (although when theyre fried they are amazing!) dried yogurt (like on a cereal bar), and COLESLAW. Grossss
  • Slo83
    Slo83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to say.... no food repulses me. Well, except maybe Uni. :tongue:
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    That "liquid" cheese that people smother all over fries and chili. YUCK!
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    Mushrooms...YUCK. i also hate onions. unless they are cooked VERY well.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Any food that comes out of my Mother or my Mother-in-Law's home...

It aint pretty....

amen to that!
  • hottamolly00
    Options
    PICKLES!! Ugh! They stink and I can taste even the juice when it has touched my foods. Gross, gross, gross.
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Raw tomatoes (unfortunately, cuz they're so healthy)
    Pickled eggs
    Pickled pigs feet
    Liver
    Liver pate'
    Liverwurst
    Escargot

see some patterns developing?
  • aphoru
    aphoru Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know!!! But no one will seem to listen to me...
    Mushrooms-IT'S A FUNGUS PEOPLE!!!!
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to say.... no food repulses me. Well, except maybe Uni. :tongue:

Is that sea urchin? It's supposed to be an aquired taste. lol.
  • hottamolly00
    Options
    Chocolate! Ugh, i can't stand the stuff! Coconut, Mushrooms, Liver, Cauliflower, brussel sprouts (although when theyre fried they are amazing!) dried yogurt (like on a cereal bar), and COLESLAW. Grossss

LUCKY YOU! I would love to hate chocolate! It'd be so much easier to diet if that were the case.
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    Clam Chower.. looks like vomit
    Sardines/Anchovies are you fah-king nuts?
    Curry type foods.. curry is disgusting. It tastes how nasty body odor smells
    Menudo really??
    Uncooked egg yolks with ketchup do you realize that looks like an abortion??

Dog food. blah
    cat food, not so bad
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sushi .... the rice tastes vinegary to me. Weird.. I know.

Eggplant & Zucchini

actually that is not weird- some sushi places add rice wine vinegar to thier sushi rice- I know we add it when we make it at home!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms.... is it possible to be allergic to mushrooms? Every time I eat them I get a stomach virus afterwards! Coincidence? I think not!

My mom hates them so much she tells waitresses she is deathly allergic!
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Head cheese and spam. Love sushi, I enjoy most animal "delicacies", Liver, heart, and what have you. I'm a very adventurous foodie. Chocolate covered crickets, fried meal worms, scorpion suckers (yes, they exist lol). If something is cooked correctly with the right seasonings, I can stomach just about anything. I'm a hunter and used to trap all the time, I gut my own, and process my own. I can only assume that's where the adventurous foodie in me spawned. lol
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    I forgot to mention, I dont like raisons, dates, anything like that bla... YUCK!