Question for the ladies (or gentlemen)

Options

Replies

• mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    absolutely, stick to your gut.

You are not crazy -- I hate when I get a message from someone that thinks this website is match.com. Nothing like a delete button to fix it. People that just want to 'hang' out and 'lose weight together' will do it without knowing personal details about you. When I am not sure about a person I'll check their profile -- they speak for themselves -- it is pretty clear who is here for the wrong reasons.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    daaammmnnn...what gut? :laugh: you don't have a gut!

uh, but yeah - it's a free country where you can follow your own instincts.
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Seriously??? Someone saying Hi is a creeper??

Someone needs to get over themselves.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    If they cross the line then you definitely should delete them

But not all guys are here for that....I barely have any male friends and I maybe only privat message 3-4 of the girls

Maybe you just had a bad run of luck with them, or the fact that you generally accept all friend requests
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    What about a perfect Joey "How you doin" lol

I'm a guy and I don't even like to toss my personal info around to people I don't really know. I agree with the earlier response.

Stick with you gut (or washboard abs)

JM
  • csegear71
    Options
    ALWAYS trust your gut! Intuition never fails you!
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'd really like to get to know you better. What brand of shampoo do you wear?

OH? soo... asking that question is... *cough*inappropriate?

dang now I know why I never make friends
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options

I guess Im a creeper to a lot of people....at the mall...at the gym...hell even when I order food since I say Hi to them!
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I agree that they are definitely treating the website like a dating website not what it is.
    maybe you could change your profile put you are married or something. I feel a bit sad I never got a PM from any guy, but that could be to do with my profile !!!! :)
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    ^^ I know right, discontinue being nice and polite. get back in your hole mister.
  • InvictusPheonix
    InvictusPheonix Posts: 129 Member
    Options

I guess Im a creeper to a lot of people....at the mall...at the gym...hell even when I order food since I say Hi to them!

Ok ok ok i guess I could be considered a creeper then too- hard to explain though- just seeing if other ladies had gotten that "feeling"
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Stick with your gut. It knows what it's talking about. If you feel akward or creeped out, then definetly unfriend!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I need some input.

I usually get about 50/50 male/female ratio for friend requests. I generally accept them all.

Buuuut, the first "red flag" I feel, I usually unfriend.

Here's my dilemma. I don't like private messages. When I've added a new male friend, and the first thing I get is a message asking for my real name/ other personal info/ just literally the word "hi", I get a little creeped out. (This has never happened with a new female friend-but happens with guys about once a week)

I can't help it, it's that feeling in the pit of my stomach (like, did I just walk into a college bar?)
    Am I being paranoid/judgmental? Or should I keep "sticking with my gut"?
    Hmm I usually as what they are wearing. Is that bad?
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    If it doesnt feel right chances are it isnt !!!!!!!!!!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Nobody here needs your personal info for anything - business or pleasure.
    We're here to talk health and to support each other in reaching fitness goals.

People should take their pathetic libidos to the lonely heart's club.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Ladies, I need some input.

I usually get about 50/50 male/female ratio for friend requests. I generally accept them all.

Buuuut, the first "red flag" I feel, I usually unfriend.

Here's my dilemma. I don't like private messages. When I've added a new male friend, and the first thing I get is a message asking for my real name/ other personal info/ just literally the word "hi", I get a little creeped out. (This has never happened with a new female friend-but happens with guys about once a week)

I can't help it, it's that feeling in the pit of my stomach (like, did I just walk into a college bar?)
    Am I being paranoid/judgmental? Or should I keep "sticking with my gut"?

So someone saying "hi" creeps you out? Not sure I understand...what else are they supposed to say?
  • fireballaaa
    fireballaaa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    stick with your gut/ can't be to careful these days and times.
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    not had this problem on here so far but boy is it a common one on facebook! I'm very careful on there... do what your instinct tells you, everyone else has it about right here... :-)
  • rocketmouse
    rocketmouse Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Okay it's not necessarily the saying "hi" that's creepy, just someone feeling the need to do it right away by PM, obviously hoping to start a private conversation.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS trust your gut! Intuition never fails you!

I AGREE (and agree w/a lot of the other posters) -- your gut instinct is your best bet. We're the only animal species that "overrides" our gut instinct with rational reasons why we shouldn't listen to it ("It's not nice", "Maybe I'm paranoid", "I'm being silly."). Especially us women who are taught to be friendly and accommodating as much as possible.

As someone who studied this phenomenon wrote, "No other species of animal would get into an enclosed metal box (elevator) with a stranger, especially if alarm bells are going off. But we (especially women) do it all the time because they convince themselves they're being irrational. They're not." This same guy wrote "The Gift of Fear" and studied 10's of 1,000s of crime victims (male and female) who all had some kind of bad feeling right before an attack. I can't remember his name, but it's a great book.

Too much babbling, but that's just to say again -- Do what you feel good about. No one else can tell you what's good for you. :flowerforyou: